Bucs Release Vernon Hargreaves

SR24

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yeah I started this thread a little premature. Saw the name and remembered liking him outta the draft then I looked at his stats and boy oh boy I wish I could delete the thread

Still worth taking a look considering our CB situation IMO. Maybe being cut was the wake up call he needed. Probably not, but maybe worth a flyer.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I'd take a chance on him if he clears waivers. Let him, Roberts, Austin, Maulet, and Hairston play on the outside down the stretch and evaluate who to keep for next year. 

Also, the Jets should be looking to re-sign Brian Poole. He's a quality slot corner.

Definitely. Has done a nice job.

• Upvote 1

If he clears waivers, definitely go for it... The Jets roster is so bad they shouldn't turn their noses up at anyone. If any CBs or OL guys are released or cuts the Jets better be the first to at least talk to them.

Certainly the odds are about 99% that it won't work out and nothing will come of these castoffs... But the Jets need to look at every avenue when it comes to improving their roster.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Guy was the 11th overall pick just 3 years ago. Considering the cast of characters were rolling out there in the secondary each week, claiming this guy should be a no brainer

Claim him and you have to pay him like the 11th over all pick. That isn't a no brainer. Let him clear waivers and then work out a new deal, sure.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So let me guess. Sign this lazy beast?

Is he better than the worst guy on our roster though? Clearly he's lazy and a bust... But sadly that doesn't mean he's not better than the floor of our roster. 

Jets have to keep trying to raise their talent floor up, even if it's just a tiny bit at a time.

• Upvote 1

I would not claim this guy, and be on the hook for his contract. If he were to pass through waivers unclaimed, likely in my eyes, I would certainly give him a chance for the league minimum. We have guys starting for this team at CB who were signed off the street. It probably won't work out, but I'm missing the downside to finding out...

8 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Is he better than the worst guy on our roster though? Clearly he's lazy and a bust... But sadly that doesn't mean he's not better than the floor of our roster. 

Jets have to keep trying to raise their talent floor up, even if it's just a tiny bit at a time.

Well if he clears waivers and costs the League minimum I might not have a problem with it. The thing is do you want to add a guy like this if he is truly doggin' it?

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well if he clears waivers and costs the League minimum I might not have a problem with it. The thing is do you want to add a guy like this if he is truly doggin' it?

Oh yes, absolutely must clear waivers... Cost is definitely something that needs to be factored. 

And ya I don't know... How do you quantify his attitude as something tangible? 

I'd still like the Jets to get him on the phone anyway and ask "what's the deal?"... Not because I think he's a great player but just because they should be looking into anyone out there who might help raise their overall talent level a little.