How should we attack Haskins?

Philc1

They want to run the ball so luckily that plays into our strength. If we keep them in third and longs, we should be able to manage this QB. I don’t think he will shred us but I haven’t watched him much. I think our pass defense will look better this week given the team. The QBs that have beat us are a lot better than him. 

• Upvote 3

Whatever we do, don't knock him out of the game due to his poor performance or injury.

I feel they may sit the kid down if things go south fast for him.  

This has the potential to be one of those Jetsian games where they dominate on D and then back up comes in and ends up torching the D.   

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Whatever we do, don't knock him out of the game due to his poor performance or injury.

I feel they may sit the kid down if things go south fast for him.  

This has the potential to be one of those Jetsian games where they dominate on D and then back up comes in and ends up torching the D.   

#TyrodTaylor

#BakerMayfield

• Upvote 2

GW’s gameplan against Daniel Jones made no sense whatsoever. He didn’t blitz and played straight man coverage with our terrible CBs - which Jones daily picked apart. 

As soon as we switched to zone, Jones wasn’t sure where to go with the ball, held on to it for an extra second and we generated sacks.  Once he started getting hit he started being less accurate. 

Why you would ever choose to play man without blitzing against a rookie is beyond me, especially considering how poor our corners are. 

Haskins should face a mix of blitzes and zone and with our ability to stop the run, should be put in 2/3rd and long situations. 

• Upvote 4

Lots of zone blitzing and mixed coverages.  Zone, loaded zone, *some* man coverage and combo of man and zone.  Cookbook stuff against an inexperienced QB.  Not sure if you want to blitz with more than 5 at a time considering the CB's the Jets have.  It aint Revis back there... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

They want to run the ball so luckily that plays into our strength. If we keep them in third and longs, we should be able to manage this QB. I don’t think he will shred us but I haven’t watched him much. I think our pass defense will look better this week given the team. The QBs that have beat us are a lot better than him. 

I am inclined to agree.  But every time I have an opinion that a match-up should work for us it ends up being somebody's coming out party and we end up asking ourselves how we lost to that team.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes I remember him. Fun Fact: "Iron Eyes Cody" was not Native American. He was an Italian-American actor who played Native Americans in the movies.

35 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yup guy is Sicilian.

No sh*t?

That figures.

• Upvote 1