Jamal trolls Daniel Jones

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, we're all aware the Jets corners suck.  Jamal Adams is still a defensive back, and on Sunday, we got diced over the middle all game long.  That's supposed to be the domain of Adams and Maye.  

I don't recall seeing Adams get beat in coverage much, if at all. Do you?

Adams had a big game. He made game changing plays and was a big part of why we won. DOPW candidate. Give credit where it's due. You want to blame him because the corners were complete trash tripping over themselves? OK.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Over the middle yes, time and again.  Some of those plays he was freelancing at the LOS.  He doesn't get excused for that.  Playing at the LOS puts the whole secondary into a tough position IF he doesn't get to the QB or make a TFL.  QB's are reading what Jamal is doing and then just throwing into the empty space.  That's on Jamal.  He needs to be a Safety from time to time, not just a Linebacker.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Drums said:

How dare the guy celebrate one of the coolest plays I've ever seen. He had a great game and the Jets won. He didn't even say anything about Daniel Jones. 

And some of you are crying about it. Seriously, people? 

Maybe if he hadn't played one of the worst games we've ever seen out of a defender the week before against a franchise trying to lose I would be more excited.  As it stands Jamal is tone deaf.  This is a 2-7 team going nowhere and he's being self-congratulatory as usual.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

How about he enjoys himself without trying to make another player look like a fool. What goes around comes around

I want our players to make everyone we play look like fools and he did that when he took the ball right from him and ran it back for a touchdown. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe if he hadn't played one of the worst games we've ever seen out of a defender the week before against a franchise trying to lose I would be more excited.  As it stands Jamal is tone deaf.  This is a 2-7 team going nowhere and he's being self-congratulatory as usual.  

He posted a Spongebob video haha. Don't take life so seriously man!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Over the middle yes, time and again.  Some of those plays he was freelancing at the LOS.  He doesn't get excused for that.  Playing at the LOS puts the whole secondary into a tough position IF he doesn't get to the QB or make a TFL.  QB's are reading what Jamal is doing and then just throwing into the empty space.  That's on Jamal.  He needs to be a Safety from time to time, not just a Linebacker.  

You don't know what defense is being called. 

Time and time again. Cool. Let's see the video footage of Jamal Adams supposedly getting beat over the middle time and time again. It should be easy to get since it's "time and time again". 

I think you're PROBABLY talking out your ass here but I don't have the video to review.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You don't know what defense is being called. 

Time and time again. Cool. Let's see the video footage of Jamal Adams supposedly getting beat over the middle time and time again. It should be easy to get since it's "time and time again". 

I think you're PROBABLY talking out your ass here but I don't have the video to review.

As opposed to the Hairston is 100 % to blame for Daniel Jones having a career day argument.  Got it.  Throws over the middle are the domain of the ILB's and Safeties.  Most of the throws we got beat on were over the middle.  And meanwhile Jamal is supposed to be the leader of the defense (or at LEAST the secondary), pointing out deficiencies and  making adjustments. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As opposed to the Hairston is 100 % to blame for Daniel Jones having a career day argument.  Got it.  Throws over the middle are the domain of the ILB's and Safeties.  Most of the throws we got beat on were over the middle.  And meanwhile Jamal is supposed to be the leader of the defense, pointing out deficiencies and  making adjustments.  

bUt HeS tHe LeAdEr oF tHe DeFEnSe!!

Bro - he can't prevent these clowns from tripping over themselves as much as Darnold can't prevent free rushers from being in his grill in .2 seconds.

You are making a claim that Adams is getting beat time and time again - let's see the clips. Back it up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is he in coverage much?  Seems the only time I notice him is when he's playing right up on the line vs. the run or pass rushing.

Maye is the one in coverage getting beat like a drum.

Just now, Warfish said:

Is he in coverage much?  Seems the only time I notice him is when he's playing right up on the line vs. the run or pass rushing.

Maye is the one in coverage getting beat like a drum.

From what I recall - when Adams is in coverage he's generally doing a good job. I could be wrong - but show me if I am. If Maye is getting beat in coverage why is Adams getting crapped on for it? 

Doesn't make sense.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

A true leader values his own personal achievements over the achievements of his unit.

#Presidential

He's excited about making a game changing play that helped his team to victory. If he made this tweet after a loss your comment would be more appropriate.

you guys just can't help yourselves can you?

• Upvote 1

I like Jamal but I think he's gone this off season. If Douglas can legitimately get multiple picks including a 1st round pick for Jamal and turn that into an OL and a WR in the draft, I think there are plenty of folks here who would shed tears of joy.  This would be the best case scenario for Danold's continued development and growth which I think we can all agree is priority 1 for this franchise.  QB's win Super Bowls, not safeties. 

• Upvote 2