Jamal trolls Daniel Jones

Maxman

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He's a great pass rusher and good run stopper. and he is a safety.

So for every one of the snaps he is on the line going forward or blitzing the team is compromised elsewhere.

Is this his fault?  Not really but for me it is not the optimum way to run a defense.

I want my Dline and olb pass rushers to generate a pass rush and I want my safety to provide run support when needed and provide pass coverage a lot of the time.

This.

I agree with you on how I want to run a d as well, and with everything else you said. Jamal is a guy who if you had a pass rush and a cover corner would be an absolute mosnter. Its not his fault that the rest of the D isnt very good. He talks way more than I like, but the guy is way better than Jets fans who are caught up on his 3 cone time from 4 years ago, give him credit for.

Just now, More Cowbell said:

You want intelligent debate, try not trolling me. 

The team is 2-7. An audit of the fanbase seems pretty inconsequential at the moment. When the team is 2-7 (and pretty much terrible over the last 5 seasons), the fanbase can be critical.

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

You can still play with emotion and heart on the field and act like a professional off the field. It's really not hard to grasp.

Celebrating a play is one thing. Going on Twitter after the game to troll another player when your team is in no position to be bragging is another.

And I, too, would like to see more of those plays. Gotta up that trade value, yo

Whats really hard to grasp is that anyone could get so worked up about a fkkking spongebob tweet.

And I counter the "no position to brag" statement with the fact that Jamal just had an epic game put together. He's literally in the perfect position to brag. Not that he was indeed "bragging" in my opinion. Poking a little fun or throwing shade like the kids say these days isn't out of line to me after that game. It was quite tame to me, I've seen worse from NFL players that's for sure.

I like the swagger he brings, but its all subject to interpretation at the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Whats really hard to grasp is that anyone could get so worked up about a fkkking spongebob tweet.

And I counter the "no position to brag" statement with the fact that Jamal just had an epic game put together. He's literally in the perfect position to brag. Not that he was indeed "bragging" in my opinion. Poking a little fun or throwing shade like the kids say these days isn't out of line to me after that game. It was quite tame to me, I've seen worse from NFL players that's for sure.

I like the swagger he brings, but its all subject to interpretation at the end of the day.

Agree. It’s harmless fun. Meme was funny too. And screw the Giants. However it’s worth pointing out the Patriots would have suspended him for doing that and it’s not typically something you see from teams who are used to winning.

Darnold talking playoffs was worse than the meme by a lot anyways. At least with Rex the Jets won a bit. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The team is 2-7. An audit of the fanbase seems pretty inconsequential at the moment. When the team is 2-7 (and pretty much terrible over the last 5 seasons), the fanbase can be critical.

Being 2-7 doesn't  mean a player can't  crow about a good play he made. Trash talk is part of sports. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Why cant this kid just stay quiet?  he had a monster game finally but just move on and get ready for next game

Why can't you just let him have fun playing the game he loves? Seriously. He had a monster game. He is one of the only players on this S**t team that is worth a damn and he is playing his a** off. He just had a great game and had one of the plays of the season. Why can't he have some fun with it? Holy Christ. 

Who the F are you to tell him to stay quiet anyway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 11/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, T0mShane said:

Imagine trolling a rookie QB who put up four TDs and a near-perfect QB rating against the secondary you‘re allegedly the leader of.

This was the perfect example of how stats don't tell the whole story. Jets sold out to stop the run and QB had a fumble returned for TD, threw the ball up for grabs several times, and stunk his last 5 drives. 

• Sympathy 1

On 11/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, PepPep said:

Why can't you just let him have fun playing the game he loves? Seriously. He had a monster game. He is one of the only players on this S**t team that is worth a damn and he is playing his a** off. He just had a great game and had one of the plays of the season. Why can't he have some fun with it? Holy Christ. 

Who the F are you to tell him to stay quiet anyway. 

Calm down. I was kidding around lol

This was the perfect example of how stats don't tell the whole story. Jets sold out to stop the run and QB had a fumble returned for TD, threw the ball up for grabs several times, and stunk his last 5 drives. 

You nailed it right here. Amazing how the narrative last year was Sam and Saquon. Now that Saquon had an epically awful game, and Sam played well, no one talks about it.

It was a great game plan by Williams: stop Saquon, and let the turnover machine go. If he beats us, kudos. But more likely than not, this guy will fumble. And that he did; three times!

Just looking at how awful our CBs are, and how beatup our LBs are, I think it’s crazy that Jones didn’t do better!

It’s the same story with him week in and week out. Look at the Pats game, the Cowboys game, etc. they hang around with these teams until like midway in the third quarter, but then when the game is on the line, he can’t handle it, makes awful mistakes, and the team gets blown out.

Even against the Jets: the kid did absolutely NOTHING for the last 20 minutes! They had to punt on 4th down with ZERO timeouts and a little over 2 minutes left because of how delicate he is. God forbid he has a TO again......but these people giving him accolades for throwing a ball 2 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage, and the WR takes it 65 yards for a TD,or when our wonderful CB falls down on a play and he throws an 8 yard pass to a wide open receiver.....geez
  • Sympathy 1