• I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best player on the team, brings energy all the time, the only guy making plays on Defense, a leader, a Pro Bowler. BUT.....his confidence borders on arrogance sometimes so....yeah....we should al

Best player on the team wish we had 21 more like him. NOT A HATER BIG FAN OF Jamal Adams.  I hate @T0mShane for hating Jamal Adams 

Don’t hate him  But simply ask yourself what you would prefer... Extending Jamal Adams at $15-16 million a year and keeping his 2-3 big games a season around for the foreseeable future.

Posted Images

He could have been more mature in the way he handled the situation regarding the trade.....but it’s time to move past it...

Still like him as a player but I still flip him in the offseason because we are not in the position to sign him long term....

Solid safety but not worth Landon Collins money or more.....

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Best player on the team wish we had 21 more like him.

NOT A HATER BIG FAN OF Jamal Adams. 

I hate @T0mShane for hating Jamal Adams 

I don't hate Adams, just wish he would grow up and shut up. He could make more $$ by using less words then any human on this planet.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing, just pointing out what the last GM's and HC's did here. 

Which is relevant to this GM and HC how?  We all know Macc and his predecessors sucked.  

I presume you weren't trying to use that as an example to support the idea that Draft Picks lack value?

• Upvote 1

I love Jamal the player.  I love Jamal the person from what I have seen of him off the field in how he represents the Jets and deals with the Fans.   

I question his understanding of being a leader and the business of football. But he's 23.  I think hopefully it's a lesson learned and everyone is better off for the rough trade deadline debacle. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

In terms of positional value, I get it.  But I also think the way the Jets use him almost makes his position irrelevant.  Let's say, for the sake of argument, he was an OLB/Edge guy.....wouldn't the Jets actually be looking to trade FOR a guy who does stuff like this on Sunday?

1529180823_ScreenShot2019-11-12at1_48_37PM.png.db5f1757ae01156fbf9f4a48783efd04.png

I don't care if we label him a Kicker....I want a guy who is being lined up all over the place like a Swiss Army Knife, generating 8 solo tackles, 2 sacks, forcing 2 fumbles (one recovered by Barkley, one he returned for a TD), hitting the QB and defending passes.

Christian McCaffrey is ONLY a Running Back....but he had 107 receptions last year for Carolina.  He has RB+WR value.

Lamar Jackson is the QB....but he has 702 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs.  He has QB+RB value.

Production matters, position doesn't.  

The Jets can label him as a Safety but I....

Bored Get Out GIF by John Crist Comedy

How about if we draft a pass rusher instead that the other team has to account for on every play and his play does not weaken the secondary.

This is a passing league and if your safety is swiss arming it all the time you leave other areas exposed.  See the giants game.  We won (for a change) and he made a huge play but we still got lit up in the passing game.

• Upvote 3
35 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

11 year window besides Jamal Adams,Sam Darnold,Quinnen Williams we have nothing from our #1 picks. Draft picks aren't a sure thing and any and all NY Jets fans should know this better than anyone. 

2019 Quinnen Williams  Alabama 

2018—Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

2017—Jamal Adams, S, LSU

2016—Darron Lee, LB, Ohio St.

2015—Leonard Williams, DE, Southern California

2014—Calvin Pryor, DB, Louisville

2013—Dee Milliner, DB, Alabama

2012—Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2011—Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple

2010—Kyle Wilson, DB, Boise St.

2009—Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

2008—Vernon Gholston, LB, Ohio St.

Ok....think about the GMs that have made those picks....

Draft is a crapshoot but a more competent person would have a higher hit rate on their picks....let’s hope Douglas is that competent person 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Which is relevant to this GM and HC how?  We all know Macc and his predecessors sucked.  

I presume you weren't trying to use that as an example to support the idea that Draft Picks lack value?

Previous drafts, previous history, facts. 

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Ok....think about the GMs that have made those picks....

Draft is a crapshoot but a more competent person would have a higher hit rate on their picks....let’s hope Douglas is that competent person 

Hope let's hope if we trade Jamal Adams we draft a player equal or better. 

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would have a problem with him speaking out no matter what color he is. You're 2-7 and most of the talking was done while win less. Come on. Its like you're celebrating individual accomplishments instead of having a team goal. When you "celebrate" a 4th down stop and your team is down by 3 TD's that is not team play.  

I get why fans feel this way but I think it's kind of an unfair fan-centric viewpoint. At the end of the day these are 24 year olds going to work. When they make a big play or do something well they have a right to be excited by it. Should every player on the Jets roster be required to shut their mouths and show zero enthusiasm because Mike Maccagnan was bad at his job and they're stuck on a team that was destined to be bad?

When the corporation you work for has a bad quarter for earnings are no jokes allowed for three months? Jamal is the best salesman on the Jets, it's not his fault the CEO is a buffoon and the company is hemorrhaging money.

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Jamal is a good player who sometimes plays great. He will command a large contract that this team will not be able to afford. Not with all the holes it has on both sides of the ball. It makes sense to trade him for a large haul now with time left on his rookie deal to maximize that haul. Adams plays at a less than marquee position and for a team that has the needs this does I just can't see paying him the salary he will surely command. His value to this team is in what he would net in a trade rather than what he does on the field. At this point in time that is the truth.

There's nothing wrong with thinking we should move him for the betterment of the team (and I found his whining about being shopped to be very immature) I just don't get the "shut up and play" stuff. Guys, it's the NFL. It's young guys playing a game. Unless the talking is directly impacting the locker room what is there to really get upset about?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I don't hate Adams but his mere presence on the team is a constant reminder of how historically bad MacCagnan was and the lingering damage he has done to this franchise.  He was picked over Mahomes and Watson when the team was desperate for a QB.  That's what I think of every time I think of Jamal Adams.  Well, that and the fact that safety is probably the least important position on both sides of the ball.   

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets draft history. Many have tried many have failed that is all. Hoping JD changes all that. 

Jets history has nothing to do with Douglas.  He wasn't here.

Citing it, in reference to what Douglas will do is irrelevant.  

If anyone thinks Douglas will be as bad as the GM's who made all those picks, then they must think Douglas should be fired immediately.

I presume you're not here calling for Douglas to be fired immediately.....are you?  

And yes, we hope JD will draft well.  Hopefully with an extra 1st and 2nd he gets for our Strong Safety.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way in hell. 

I'm also against trading away All-pro superstar players for "what if" draft picks. 

Nothing is free.  You want to improve, you have to use the assets you have.  Adams is an asset that can serve us, and our future, best by providing other assets.

I mean lets be real, you're not going to support paying Adams Revis money, which is what he's going to ask for, are you?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Wish we had more guys talking big ................and then backing it up.

Wish he would back it up more than twice per season. And yes, of course we need more guys.... other talent out there. But that's not relevant to the evaluation of Adams. You apparently see more production from him than I do. The cheerleading is not relevant other than "team spirit" or whatever. The only critical thing to me is what we get on the field from him.  He has been inconsistent with way too many non impact games or negative impact games. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The only critical thing to me is what we get on the field from him.  He has been inconsistent with way too many non impact games or negative impact games. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

spot on.