Why do you hate Jamal Adams?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

Adams is a guy that a good team drafts picking 20-32.  He then puts them over the top and they win playoff games.

Because that team is likely paying a QB, LT, C, WR1, Edge and CB1, they allow the S to sign away in FA, and they draft a replacement.  See Green Bay and Ha Ha, for example.  

I would think that we could do more study about how much cap space a good team needs to allocate to offense and defense.  Could actually be a fun exercise.  There is nothing wrong with giving Adams a big contract to keep him, so long as the defense still works.  That requires drafting cheap EDGE and CB1, among other things.  We don't have a good start with the highest paid ILB in the NFL.  But if JD can make it work, have at it.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t hate him 

But simply ask yourself what you would prefer...

Extending Jamal Adams at $15-16 million a year and keeping his 2-3 big games a season around for the foreseeable future.

or

Trading him for a 1st and 3rd round pick to help further bolster the OL and WR corps thus putting our talented young QB in the best position to succeed.

I’ll personally take option B.

He would be heavily insulted and go to twitter if jets only offered him 15-16 mil a yr.. He already laid it out there already, thinks he is Tom Brady, will want to not just be highest paid D player in league, but one of highest paid in league. Wish we could have had good teams while he was on his rook deal..

Also see a hold out possible before his walk yr..

25 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He would be heavily insulted and go to twitter if jets only offered him 15-16 mil a yr.. He already laid it out there already, thinks he is Tom Brady, will want to not just be highest paid D player in league, but one of highest paid in league. Wish we could have had good teams while he was on his rook deal..

Also see a hold out possible before his walk yr..

I’ve said it before 

He’s just the kind of player I could see holding out this summer with another year plus the 5th year option left on his deal.

That’s the kind of crap that made a bunch of Jets fans turn on Revis. And Revis was a legit HOF talent who played a premium position.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ve said it before 

He’s just the kind of player I could see holding out this summer with another year plus the 5th year option left on his deal.

That’s the kind of crap that made a bunch of Jets fans turn on Revis. And Revis was a legit HOF talent who played a premium position.

He tried to snake his way onto the Cowboys two weeks ago and he'll try to do it again as soon as the whistle blows at the end of Week 17. I'd imagine the way Joe Douglas pacified him was to say something to the effect of, "Go out and play well and we'll be able to trade you wherever you want to go in two months." 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

I like Jamal, but sometimes I get sick of him selling himself. We know you're good Safety you don't have to keep telling us. I also see him in blown coverages giving up TDs weekly and over running tackles quite a bit for someone who talks as much as he does. Many times Maye has the better day, and keeps his mouth shut. Fir that,  I'm a huge Maye fan. Good kid, good underrated player.

Trade Jamal and Maye becomes the hybrid LB/SS... and hits just as hard...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The guy is a very good player who thinks he’s a superstar player in the same mold as the likes of Tom Brady and Aaron Donald. Games like he had against the Giants and Cowboys are few and far between.

Now, if he can string a few more impact performances together this season and cutdown on the busted coverages, I may change my tune on trading him.

But as it stands right now, yes, trade Jamal Adams for added assets to build around Darnold.

and hope Sam can make tghe leap. I LIKE Sam. He seems like a good young kid with his head more than less on straight.

He gotta correct bad habits, and make use of his legs more.

I slam the hell outta him only to counteract all this misguided HE IS ALREADY THE REAL DEAL nonsense.

Only real deal from 2018 QB is Lamar.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I like Jamal Adams a lot but I went with "FU, pal"

me too. not ALOT. that may seem strange to many. i LIKE him as a player. i DISLIKE how much he overrates himself and how much he is overrated by others.

the parenthetical statements make making a simple selection impossible, b/c they add this extraneous element that is hyperbolic.

17 hours ago, Dcat said:

Wish he would back it up more than twice per season. And yes, of course we need more guys.... other talent out there. But that's not relevant to the evaluation of Adams. You apparently see more production from him than I do. The cheerleading is not relevant other than "team spirit" or whatever. The only critical thing to me is what we get on the field from him.  He has been inconsistent with way too many non impact games or negative impact games. That's a fact. Not an opinion.

You stated that I apparently see more production from Jamal than you do.  Maybe I do, but so do others and those others get paid to spend day and night analyzing football players in the NFL.  There is subjective information and objective information.  I can really only use the latter in determining facts vs. opinions.  Using one source such as Pro Football Focus (there are certainly others) I'll point to the fact that Jamal Adams is currently the highest graded player on the Jets 53-man roster.  I'll also submit that his rating (when normalized across all positions) is higher than the HIGHEST GRADED PLAYER on multiple other teams in the NFL.

Highest-graded player on every NFL team | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

....(others)

DAL - WR Amari Cooper (90.2)

HOU - DT DJ Reader (90.2)

NYJ - S Jamal Adams (89.8)

LAC - EDGE Joey Bosa (89.5)

IND - OG Quenton Nelson (89.4)

CHI - EDGE Khalil Mack (89.4)

CAR - RB Christian McCaffrey (89.3)

TB - WR Chris Godwin (89.2)

NE - CB Jonathan Jones (88.8)

BAL - RB Lamar Jackson (88.1)

GB - WR Davante Adams (89)

WAS - CB Quinton Dunbar (88)

CLE - EDGE Myles Garrett (86.5)

TEN - DT Daquan Jones (84.1)

... (more)

And I agree, the cheerleading isn't relevant at all.  Being extra loud or vocal or dancing around after a sack doesn't get the Jets an extra point.  But that goes the other way as well.  Being a little mouthy, seeming a little more arrogant than just confident, making jabs over Twitter....that doesn't hurt the team either.  They don't give the opponent a first down because this guy is overly vocal.

I think that Jamal Adams is just so annoying to some people that they subconsciously discount the positive plays he makes.  Those people likely don't even realize they're doing it.  Fortunately, we have some objective data to keep us focused on the facts of how he's producing better than some of the very best defenders in the NFL right now.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

You stated that I apparently see more production from Jamal than you do.  Maybe I do, but so do others and those others get paid to spend day and night analyzing football players in the NFL.  There is subjective information and objective information.  I can really only use the latter in determining facts vs. opinions.  Using one source such as Pro Football Focus (there are certainly others) I'll point to the fact that Jamal Adams is currently the highest graded players on the Jets 53-man roster.  I'll also submit that his rating (when normalized across all positions) is higher than the HIGHEST GRADED PLAYER on multiple other teams in the NFL.

And I agree, the cheerleading isn't relevant at all.  Being extra loud or vocal or dancing around after a sack doesn't get the Jets an extra point.  But that goes the other way as well.  Being a little mouthy, seeming a little more arrogant than just confident, making jabs over Twitter....that doesn't hurt the team either.  They don't give the opponent a first down because this guy is overly vocal.

I think that Jamal Adams is just so annoying to some people that they subconsciously discount the positive plays he makes.  Those people likely don't even realize they're doing it.  Fortunately, we have some objective data to keep us focused on the facts of how he's producing better than some of the very best defenders in the NFL right now.

I'll let you know when the ratio of good games to ineffective to horrible changes enough for me to think he will be worth what he demands after his rookie deal. And it is a fact that his good games have been a bit scarce. Hes not Polamalu yet. Not even close. Better off taking the picks from Dallas and investing in OL, IMO. Otherwise we should be planning on the Jets putting too much % of salary cap to strong safety position, thereby creating needless cap problems for the prime Darnold years. Makes no sense.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good player by the way. Many here will interpret as such, but that's not at all the point.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Or when he walks in FA, and starts talking the same smack over good plays......when playing for the Patriots.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* what he THINKS he's worth

Yup. The love will end and then this board will erupt with lamentations about how greedy Jamal Adam$ is for refusing to take a hometown discount to stay with the prestigious NYJ.

We have always been at war with Eurasia.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

You stated that I apparently see more production from Jamal than you do.  Maybe I do, but so do others and those others get paid to spend day and night analyzing football players in the NFL.  There is subjective information and objective information.  I can really only use the latter in determining facts vs. opinions.  Using one source such as Pro Football Focus (there are certainly others) I'll point to the fact that Jamal Adams is currently the highest graded players on the Jets 53-man roster.  I'll also submit that his rating (when normalized across all positions) is higher than the HIGHEST GRADED PLAYER on multiple other teams in the NFL.

why are you arguing with this know nothing? It's not worth it.

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'll let you know when the ratio of good games to ineffective to horrible changes enough for me to think he will be worth what he demands after his rookie deal. And it is a fact that his good games have been a bit scarce. Hes not Polamalu yet. Not even close. Better off taking the picks from Dallas and investing in OL, IMO. Otherwise we should be planning on the Jets putting too much % of salary cap to strong safety position, thereby creating needless cap problems for the prime Darnold years. Makes no sense.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good player by the way. Many here will interpret as such, but that's not at all the point.

How the hell do you know what he wants after his rookie deal? What are you his agent?

• Thumb Down 1

Jamal is a good safety. Maybe even a great one. He deserves to be paid like that. But the fair question will be at the time of contract negotiation whether the contract is a smart move for the Jets given wherever they are at that time. If we still stink, it probably doesn't make sense to invest in a great safety. Not a needle mover. But if we are on the rise, then it may make sense. Definitely not an indictment of Jamal either way.

• Upvote 2

Say you’re a stock broker and the Great Depression part two has just happened but you happened to break even. So you do a dance while the economy burns. 

Or you’re an ER doctor and a mass tragedy has happened but you treated the one patient you had, who came in with a rash unrelated to the other situation and he’ll be fine with some ointment. So you run down the hallway, arms outstretched like a Jet screaming while people around you are dying. 

Or you’re a teacher and every single one of your students is failing except one, who aced a few tests. So you spike the globe in celebration and then complain to the school board when the principal doesn’t give you tenure. 

That’s Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Say you’re a stock broker and the Great Depression part two has just happened but you happened to break even. So you do a dance while the economy burns. 

Or you’re an ER doctor and a mass tragedy has happened but you treated the one patient you had, who came in with a rash unrelated to the other situation and he’ll be fine with some ointment. So you run down the hallway, arms outstretched like a Jet screaming while people around you are dying. 

Or you’re a teacher and every single one of your students is failing except one, who aced a few tests. So you spike the globe in celebration and then complain to the school board when the principal doesn’t give you tenure. 

That’s Jamal Adams. 

I like you better when you talk about ND

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, funaz said:

It's pretty funny. The Jets fan Reddit absolutely loves Jamal Adams and think he's the best player the Jets have had since Revis maybe ever.

This forum hates him with a passion because he talks on Instagram and isn't a DE.

I like Jamal, and want 21 others like him on the team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

That subreddit is home to some of the dumbest mother f*ckers I've ever seen discuss the sport of football.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Pro Bowl (2018)

Second-team All-Pro (2018)

PFWA All-Rookie Team (2017)

Second-team All-American (2016)

First-team All-SEC (2016)

Second-team All-SEC (2015)

LMAO

All individual honors. Not a team win in the bunch. Basically sums up Jamal Adams better than anyone ever has. And this from an Adams worshipper! Thank You.