132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

How the hell do you know what he wants after his rookie deal? What are you his agent?

Common sense.  It doesn't take a genius to know he will want to be the top paid safety in the league. 

And thus far, he wouldn't be worth it.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I don;t hate the player.  I just think he is massively overrated and is the type of player that in the end does not help you win.  A smart Gm would trade him now when his value is at an all time high.

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have no CBs, no pass rusher, no olineman, no #1 WR. 

You don't give him away but if you can parlay a safety into some high picks imo you do it.

The problem with Adams is almost all of his effectiveness comes from him run stopping or blitzing.  Yeah he makes some big plays but the team is exposed in  other ways when the SS is committed to be that kind of player.

We will have to see what Miami gets out of the Minkah deal.  They are set up for a true reset with draft assets.  The jets not so much.

1. He does nothing to help teams win

2. Teams will throw us picks in trade, enough were we can fill holes because teams, their GMs arent as smart as a handful of fans who know hes overrated and doesnt help a team win.

LOL, logic at work

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Common sense.  It doesn't take a genius to know he will want to be the top paid safety in the league. 

And thus far, he wouldn't be worth it.  

Top paid safety ? He will demand to be top D player in league. He will ask for 25 mil a yr.. I don’t think Adams is a selfish “ Mevis “ but after hearing that rant on Twitter, and comparing himself as important to jets as Tom Brady is to Pats, it’s not going to be pretty when his agent starts with contract talk.. 

Our Oline is a complete mess, we can’t just fix it though the draft. We are going to have to shell out some big bucks for OL. Which is much more important than the luxury of having the top box safety in nfl

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Congratulations to Jamal Adams for winning AFC DPOTW, joining former Jets greats Dee Milliner and Dewayne Robertson in receiving this prestigious honor. 

I don't know, maybe it's my magical 6th sense but I kinda think T0m is being sarcastic here and may not really be congratulating Jamal.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

@Dcat is a smart guy and a diehard Jets fan.....but I have no problem telling him when he's wrong, because it isn't very often.

:P

I'm not wrong now. I'm not saying he sucks.  I'm not saying he is great.  Because he is neither at this point.   

I'm hoping Jamal plays like he did last week for the rest of his time with the Jets.  Unfortunately, what we saw last week happens less often than what we saw in Miami.  And that is also a fact, not an opinion.  Go through all of #33 games and see how often he made an impact.  Not frequently for sure.  If the moron you responded to wants to call me a "know-nothing", that's fine, because he is blind as a bat and only sees what he wishes to see when watching Adams.  I, on the other hand, see both very good at certain times (just nowhere often enough to make him as great as people here pretend him to be) and bad at times.  And those bad times significantly exceed the quantity of good ones.   I hope that changes so I can join the Adams fanboy-club for real.  Right now the admission fee to that club is having to pretend that he is much better than he actually shows on the field in most games and on most plays. Sorry, I'll wait until it's consistent.   

So I'm hoping you guys can do all the wishing for me, since you already are convinced he will be the next polamalu. I'll wait until I see more good stuff and less awful stuff on the field from him.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He would be heavily insulted and go to twitter if jets only offered him 15-16 mil a yr.. He already laid it out there already, thinks he is Tom Brady, will want to not just be highest paid D player in league, but one of highest paid in league. Wish we could have had good teams while he was on his rook deal..

Also see a hold out possible before his walk yr..

Yup.  ugh.  I'm upset with Douglas.  JD should have made the Dallas trade.  All this is just not worth it for a safety in the salary cap world.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm not wrong now. I'm not saying he sucks.  I'm not saying he is great.  Because he is neither at this point.   

I'm hoping Jamal plays like he did last week for the rest of his time with the Jets.  Unfortunately, what we saw last week happens less often than what we saw in Miami.  And that is also a fact, not an opinion.  Go through all of #33 games and see how often he made an impact.  Not frequently for sure.  If the moron you responded to wants to call me a "know-nothing", that's fine, because he is blind as a bat and only sees what he wishes to see when watching Adams.  I, on the other hand, see both very good at certain times (just nowhere often enough to make him as great as people here pretend him to be) and bad at times.  And those bad times significantly exceed the quantity of good ones.   I hope that changes so I can join the Adams fanboy-club for real.  Right now the admission fee to that club is having to pretend that he is much better than he actually shows on the field in most games and on most plays. Sorry, I'll wait until it's consistent.   

So I'm hoping you guys can do all the wishing for me, since you already are convinced he will be the next polamalu. I'll wait until I see more good stuff and less awful stuff on the field from him.

facts get in the way...  18 other S have more INTs....

so he's bottom half of the NFL safeties in INTs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

LMAO

All individual honors. Not a team win in the bunch. Basically sums up Jamal Adams better than anyone ever has. And this from an Adams worshipper! Thank You.

Aside from being great at his position what else do you expect Adams to do? Throw TD passes? 

The stupidity of some of these posts is mind-boggling. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

And? 80 said he never won anything. Alls I did was show what he won. 

I was talking about team achievements.  Naturally, you countered with fairly meaningless personal accomplishments.  As a Jamal Adams fan is wont to do.  

Hopefully he wins DPOY, so we can trade him for three 1sts.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like him, but people are always going to bring up Mahomes and Watson. While those people are 100% correct to do so, the guy they should really hate is Macc daddy. 

Believe me, we do.  But we can't fire him again.  

However, Jamal does himself no favors with his behavior while being the leader of the # 28-ranked defense.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

I’ve always called him a SS. He’s more of a FLB, that’s not an actual position but I like the way it sounds. 

That's fair.  Some people like to contradict themselves when it comes to Jamal.  When you point out his lack of INT's, they say "That's not what we ask him to do!"  But when he's called a SS or Box Safety they counter "He does so much, you can't call him that!"

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Aside from being great at his position what else do you expect Adams to do? Throw TD passes? 

I expect him to not be signed to a mega-contract and get traded so we can get people that help Sam throw TD passes and prevent other teams from throwing TD passes. 

Since he does nothing to help us in either of those categories you should have no objections to that policy, correct?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Believe me, we do.  But we can't fire him again.  

However, Jamal does himself no favors with his behavior while being the leader of the # 28-ranked defense.  

The only thing I would say is that I'm not sure there is another SS in the league who would have us ranked significantly higher. We are ranked 28th mostly because our corners are an abomination (possibly the worst overall group in the league?) and we have no true edge rusher. Also, the DC is wildly overrated.