132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The only thing I would say is that I'm not sure there is another SS in the league who would have us ranked significantly higher. We are ranked 28th mostly because our corners are an abomination (possibly the worst overall group in the league?) and we have no true edge rusher. Also, the DC is wildly overrated. 

It's almost as if the SS position doesn't matter much....

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

1st and 2nd? Two 1sts? What are you looking for?

A bidding war after which we take the best offer, regardless of who is offering it.  

Value is defined as the maximum someone is willing to pay for a product/asset.  Get the peak value that you can, even if its a little less than what Douglas was asking for out of Dallas.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's almost as if the SS position doesn't matter much....

Right. Totally agree. But I can't blame Jamal for that. He's probably the best player we have had at his position since Revis. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was talking about team achievements.  Naturally, you countered with fairly meaningless personal accomplishments.  As a Jamal Adams fan is wont to do.  

Hopefully he wins DPOY, so we can trade him for three 1sts.  

Obviously but I knew it would get you going. 
If they can get two first for him I drive him to the other team. If they get 3 firsts I’ll rent a ******* plane. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's fair.  Some people like to contradict themselves when it comes to Jamal.  When you point out his lack of INT's, they say "That's not what we ask him to do!"  But when he's called a SS or Box Safety they counter "He does so much, you can't call him that!"

Jamal Adams impacts the game in many ways. He's a good pass rusher, an elite run stopper and a good cover guy.  Teams don't complete a lot of passes on him when he's in coverage.  I personally don't care what you call him but I see a guy who's making a big difference on defense. He creates problems for opposing offenses. That's a player you can build around IMO.

If they can get a haul for him I can see the logic into trying to turn him into some offensive linemen but I think it would be foolish to trade him for one 1st round pick. Bird in the hand.

Give me a first and Tryon Smith.

Because I was told by someone I trust who is a close friend of his family member that Jamal is gone, as soon as his contract is up he's signing with Dallas.  He told me this about two weeks before the shenanigans at the trade deadline so I'm doubly confident now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right. Totally agree. But I can't blame Jamal for that. He's probably the best player we have had at his position since Revis. 

Lac Edwards is the best Punter we've had in a long time too.  Doesn't mean we need to create a thread about him every time he executes a perfect coffin corner. 

Nor does Lac, to my knowledge, post an embarrassing social media entry seemingly every week, or dance around on the field when he boots one 55+ yards during a blowout loss or a meaningless win in a 2-7 season.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Lac Edwards is the best Punter we've had in a long time too.  Doesn't mean we need to create a thread about him every time he executes a perfect coffin corner.  

Fair. But he is a damn good punter! I wouldn't mind seeing a thread or two about him every once in a while. 

I do like celebrating the few legitimately elite players that we have. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trade value increase.  I'm good with it.  

Maybe the Cowboys will pony up that valued third round pick at that point 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Aside from being great at his position what else do you expect Adams to do? Throw TD passes? 

The stupidity of some of these posts is mind-boggling. 

SOJJ. Great at his position? When he feels like it I guess. I was merely pointing out that all of those were individual awards. No Championships among them. Kinda sums up Adams Me First attitude.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because I was told by someone I trust who is a close friend of his family member that Jamal is gone, as soon as his contract is up he's signing with Dallas.  He told me this about two weeks before the shenanigans at the trade deadline so I'm doubly confident now.

SAR I

Another franchise where he is certain to die a slow unknown NFL death with almost NO playoff appearances.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Fair. But he is a damn good punter! I wouldn't mind seeing a thread or two about him every once in a while. 

I do like celebrating the few legitimately elite players that we have. 

Of course.  But the interest in Jamal is bordering on obsession at this point.  I admit that I feed into that, but its like his fans can't handle criticism of the guy. 

Just a couple weeks ago he was throwing a hissy fit because he DIDN'T get traded to a team he wanted to go to.  Do people really not get that he doesn't WANT to be here?  That alone should have made the majority of the board be done with him, but it's been far from the case.  Strange stuff.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

And? 80 said he never won anything. Alls I did was show what he won. 

And I was pointing out that those are all individual awards. When someone says "they never won nothing (hate that)" they are usually talking about Championships not individual awards. Where are Jamal's Championships? The Prez has not won one has he? I mean he is so friggin Great that he must have won a ton of Championships by himself right? RIGHT? Guess not.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

And I was pointing out that those are all individual awards. When someone says "they never won nothing (hate that)" they are usually talking about Championships not individual awards. Where are Jamal's Championships? The Prez has not won one has he? I mean he is so friggin Great that he must have won a ton of Championships by himself right? RIGHT? Guess not.

Championships?  Hell, Jamal couldn't even guide LSU to higher than 3rd in the SEC West in his college career.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Championships?  Hell, Jamal couldn't even guide LSU to higher than 3rd in the SEC West in his college career.

That's all I'm sayin'. Adams ain't won dick.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did you just tag me in this again so I’d see it, you simp??

That's correct.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

It’s a team sport. Adams can only do so much. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Lol. Yeah there's a lot he can't do too. Like cover.

• Like 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

21 hours ago, jeTMAC said:

Keep Adams he's the best safety in the whole NFL! Use the draft to build up the offensive line and cornerback positions. You also have free agents to fill wide receiver and other needs...

Definitely safe for any QB to throw against in coverage.  Best anti-safety in NFL. He’d be a great LB in the MFL. ...Minion Football League.

0A4C3270-3F4F-443B-BA1F-3BB20D6C2188.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Lol. Yeah there's a lot he can't do too. Like cover.

In 2018 he had a 50% completion rate against him. That’s not bad. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

In 2018 he had a 50% completion rate against him. That’s not bad. 

Not bad? That sucks. I'm surprised you would even use that. 

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

In 2018, he allowed 24 catches on 48 targets for 291 yards, 122 yards after the catch, one touchdown, one interception, six pass breakups and an opponent passer rating of 67.3. He also had 94 tackles, 44 stops and three forced fumbles.

Thats not bad. 

21 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

So who do you think is a good S?

Jackson - 54%

James - 71%

Byrd - 70%

Smith - 66%

Bates - 57%

Hyde - 66%

47 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That argument would fall on deaf ears if Adams were to get a $15M per year extension here, which would be his market value and like many are advocating.  Once you become the 2nd-highest paid player on the team, you don't get to complain about not having enough "weapons".  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wrong trump GIF

Jamal Adams is pretty good in coverage.

So he's "pretty good" at the one thing that matters for a Safety in pro football in 2019, and you guys want to give him $15M a year. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So he's "pretty good" at the one thing that matters for a Safety in pro football in 2019, and you guys want to give him $15M a year. 

The one thing that matters according to who? The I hate Jamal Adams club?

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The one thing that matters according to who? The I hate Jamal Adams club?

The only thing that matters in pro football in 2019 is stopping opposing passers from throwing TD's.  Despite Jamal's "career day" on Sunday we allowed 4 TD's to rookie QB Daniel Jones.  

He was also sh*tty against Ryan Fitzpatrick and Gardner Minshew, which is something the fanboys casually ignore.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

So who do you think is a good S?

Jackson - 54%

James - 71%

Byrd - 70%

Smith - 66%

Bates - 57%

Hyde - 66%

Well I think above 60 is entering the next level. 50? Not so much.

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wrong trump GIF

Jamal Adams is pretty good in coverage.

Uhhhh NO. He's average at best. Just ask the Dolphins.

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That argument would fall on deaf ears if Adams were to get a $15M per year extension here, which would be his market value and like many are advocating.  Once you become the 2nd-highest paid player on the team, you don't get to complain about not having enough "weapons".  

They still have time with his contract.