• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Isn’t that the DC fault? 

It's the DC's responsibility, yes.

But it's also playing to what Adams is good at.  He's not very good in coverage.  He is very good vs. the run and in the pass rush.  He is what he is, a strong safety.  The DC playing him up at the line most of the time is using the asset for what it's good for.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Hierarchy of fault when a player plays bad:

1. The media

2. Owner

3. Coordinator

4. GM

5. Head coach

6. The player

Essentially inversely proportional to the amount of butt feelings that goofball fans have invested in a given individual. It's math.

Or

1. If a player is doing what he wants on the field and it hurts the team it’s the coaches fault for not benching his ass till he stops. 

2. The coaches are telling the player what to do and he’s doing it and it hurts the team it’s the coaches fault. 

3. The players is doing what he’s told and it’s helping a bad team the best that it can but it’s a bad team. 

Essentially inversely proportional to the amount of butt feelings that goofball fans have invested in a disliking a given individual. It's math.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He benched him a couple of plays to calm him down. What’s the issue?

The issue is its possible Adams freelances to as much the detriment of the team as it helps the team, and it hasn't gone unnoticed by the coaching staff.

Regardless, 100 % of the time when he freelances around the LOS on a pass play, he puts added strain on the rest of the secondary unless he can get a sack, TFL, or otherwise contribute to an incompletion.  He's an overall liability to our pass defense, and that is reflected in the pass defense numbers.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's the DC's responsibility, yes.

But it's also playing to what Adams is good at.  He's not very good in coverage.  He is very good vs. the run and in the pass rush.  He is what he is, a strong safety.  The DC playing him up at the line most of the time is using the asset for what it's good for.    

That’s what a coach should do, put players in position to excel.  

I don’t see any S especially SS outplaying Adams. His numbers are just as good over the last 3 seasons as any S. Some have more ints but less tackles, QB hits, pressures, tfl  etc. Overall Adams is a very good safety especially SS. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The issue is its possible Adams freelances to as much the detriment of the team as it helps the team, and it hasn't gone unnoticed by the coaching staff.

Regardless, 100 % of the time when he freelances around the LOS on a pass play, he puts added strain on the rest of the secondary unless he can get a sack, TFL, or otherwise contribute to an incompletion.  He's an overall liability to our pass defense, and that is reflected in the pass defense numbers.  

Then that’s on the coaches if he’s doing whatever the hell he wants and they’re not controlling especially if it’s hurting the team. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Then that’s on the coaches if he’s doing whatever the hell he wants and they’re not controlling especially if it’s hurting the team. 

Given we have the # 26 pass defense and just gave up 4 TD's to Daniel Jones, he's not helping the pass defense.  Whatever you guys want to believe Jamal Adams is to this team, its not showing up on the stat sheet.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Given we have the # 26 pass defense and just gave up 4 TD's to Daniel Jones, he's not helping the pass defense.  Whatever you guys want to believe Jamal Adams is to this team, its not showing up on the stat sheet.  

None of them were on Adams. 
9 - tackles, 2 - FF, 2 - sacks , 1 - PD, 1 - FR, 1 - TD and was a big part of containing Barkley and had a bunch of pressures. He’s had blah games this year the Giants wasn’t one of them. What more do you want him to do? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Just because teams don't want to give up draft picks for Jamal Adams means nothing. Jamal Adams is a NY Jet every team in the league when making trades wants players for less than nothing. The members of this forum have spoken look at the vote. How does the Miami trade of Minkah Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh look now, trade Jamal Adams and NY Jets fans will get what Miami is getting in all that........burned. 

<inhales through mouth>
What other teams offer in trade for a player means little compared to results of an online poll appearing on a message board populated by fans of that player’s team. 
<exhales through mouth>

Hey, for real though:

Going into the season next year, would you rather have Jamal Adams or CeeDee Lamb on the roster? Would you rather have Jamal Adams or Tyler Biadasz? Because you could likely buy one of those players with the first rounder you’d get, at minimum, for Jamal Adams. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather go into next season having drafted a blue chip OT and C (or WR) on rookie deals along with a free agent replacement for Adams than go into next year with some crap free agent center or receiver and a Jamal Adams who’s going to be itching for a new contract. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, T0mShane said:

Hey, for real though:

Going into the season next year, would you rather have Jamal Adams or CeeDee Lamb on the roster? Would you rather have Jamal Adams or Tyler Biadasz? Because you could likely buy one of those players with the first rounder you’d get, at minimum, for Jamal Adams. Maybe it’s just me, but I’d rather go into next season having drafted a blue chip OT and C (or WR) on rookie deals along with a free agent replacement for Adams than go into next year with some crap free agent center or receiver and a Jamal Adams who’s going to be itching for a new contract. 

You don't think we'll be able to sign 5 FA offensive linemen in March? What a Glass Half Empty guy you are.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, for real though:

That’s doesn’t make him a bad player. It makes him a good player on a bad team that needs help in more important positions first. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s doesn’t make him a bad player. It makes him a good player on a bad team that needs help in more important positions first. 

I don't think anyone says he's a bad player, and your last point is exactly why you don't draft box safety's at #6 or pay them like a CB

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

<inhales through mouth>
What other teams offer in trade for a player means little compared to results of an online poll appearing on a message board populated by fans of that player’s team. 
<exhales through mouth>

All teams want other teams players for practically nothing in most trade scenarios. (press the help button get more oxygen)

43 minutes ago, CTM said:

I don't think anyone says he's a bad player, and your last point is exactly why you don't draft box safety's at #6 or pay them like a CB

A lot of posters are saying he sucks and his draft spot has nothing to do with him or how he is playing and he’ll get market value just like every other player. 

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of posters are saying he sucks and his draft spot has nothing to do with him or how he is playing and he’ll get market value just like every other player. 

His market value is inflated by his draft position and social media followers

58 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bingo. Although I would prefer a safety that plays in coverage more. He’s good at what he does in the box but it can hurt the secondary and I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Bingo. Although I would prefer a safety that plays in coverage more. He’s good at what he does in the box but it can hurt the secondary and I’m not sure how I feel about that. 

As long as he is making big plays, you live with the impact on the secondary.  And when your starting top CBs include Arthur Maulet, Nate Hairston and Bless Austin, you are going to give up yards anyway.  May as well risk letting Jamal get after the QB, especially against inexperienced guys like Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskings.  We can't win in coverage, may as well get after the QB and try to force mistakes.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

As long as he is making big plays, you live with the impact on the secondary.  And when your starting top CBs include Arthur Maulet, Nate Hairston and Bless Austin, you are going to give up yards anyway.  May as well risk letting Jamal get after the QB, especially against inexperienced guys like Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskings.  We can't win in coverage, may as well get after the QB and try to force mistakes.

That works for now given how atrocious our CBs are and it’s just to “survive”. It’s by no means a sustainable or smart strategy in my opinion. We will see. I’d still trade him for 1st and a 3rd to save having to pay him so we can invest in higher priority positions that we are so very behind on. His mouth and attitude make it easy for me. He’s a great box safety, unproven in coverage and a loudmouth. I’m fine moving him. 

I hated him cuz he talked too much and did nothing yet. Just recently he opened his mouth and made a fool of himself and the team and seemed to learn from it ? Then he single-handedly lit up the Giants. So I was proud of him and I'm officially on his jock so so F U pal!! Lol!
I no longer want to trade Jamal, I now want to trade CJ Mosley and Bell. And I will sign Robby Anderson 4 short money but only if he cuts off his latest stupid haircut. Actually he's been on his best behavior so he's a good dude too. Also..f u pal.

Dreadlocks are an ethnic hairdo, why does he need to cut it off to please a bunch of old white guys?
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, DLJ said:

Trade Jamal for a bunch of what if picks and when they turn out to be busts, as history has proven with this franchise to more likely than not be the case, you same morons will be on this website bitching and moaning about how we suck.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We see that right now with Chuma Edoga. 

I said that trading a competent QB with a history of never having a QB for a 3rd round pick is absolute insanity and its nothing more than folks believing in that "Franchise QB" mantra that every drafted QB gets when entering the league. 

Folks created all types of reasons why we needed to trade Bridge, from not being able to afford him, to Bridge not wanting to sit behind a rookie, to needing more draft picks to build around Sam. 

I said that getting this 1 draft pick in a round we never hit on doesnt build around Sam. 

This season proves that we needed a competent QB when Sam had Mono and Edoga was a tragedy. 

With any other team, pulling a 1st round pick for a Strong Safety when trying to rebuild would be great, the problem is, the same folks losing their sh*t over this cant point to any prior draft pick as an example of a good player....not named Jamal Adams. 

It doesnt matter the paragraphs of logical stuff they write on why it makes sense. What they always forget is that this is the NY Jets, and this teams Front Office needs to prove that they know what to do with draft picks before we start trading players who are the best at their position. 

The Jets would have been a better team had we not had Edoga and we gave Bridgewater the 10 million we gave McCown to be a coach or 12 million we gave Fitz to be a fraud.

We need to see how Douglas can work with what he currently has before we start trading the best football player on the team. 

Don’t hate him 
But simply ask yourself what you would prefer...
Extending Jamal Adams at $15-16 million a year and keeping his 2-3 big games a season around for the foreseeable future.
or
Trading him for a 1st and 3rd round pick to help further bolster the OL and WR corps thus putting our talented young QB in the best position to succeed.

I’ll personally take option B.

A safety will never get $15-16 mill a year