1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We see that right now with Chuma Edoga. 

I said that trading a competent QB with a history of never having a QB for a 3rd round pick is absolute insanity and its nothing more than folks believing in that "Franchise QB" mantra that every drafted QB gets when entering the league. 

Folks created all types of reasons why we needed to trade Bridge, from not being able to afford him, to Bridge not wanting to sit behind a rookie, to needing more draft picks to build around Sam. 

I said that getting this 1 draft pick in a round we never hit on doesnt build around Sam. 

This season proves that we needed a competent QB when Sam had Mono and Edoga as a tragedy. 

With any other team, pulling a 1st round pick for a Strong Safety when trying to rebuild would be great, the problem is, the same folks losing their sh*t over this cant point to any prior draft pick as an example of a good player....not named Jamal Adams. 

It doesnt matter the paragraphs of logical stuff they write on why it makes sense. What they always forget is that this is the NY Jets, and this teams Front Office needs to prove that they know what to do with draft picks before we start trading players who are the best at their position. 

The Jets would have been a better team had we not had Edoga and we gave Bridgewater the 10 million we gave McCown to be a coach or 12 million we gave Fitz to be a fraud.

We need to see how Douglas can work with what he currently has before we start trading the best football player on the team. 

I agree that we shouldn’t trade Jamal Adams for Chuma Edoga. I’ll even take it a step further and say that we shouldn’t re-hire Mike Maccagnan and allow him to use any picks gathered from a trade of Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 4

Despite the smear campaign it appears like most Jets fans like Jamal 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree that we shouldn’t trade Jamal Adams for Chuma Edoga. I’ll even take it a step further and say that we shouldn’t re-hire Mike Maccagnan and allow him to use any picks gathered from a trade of Jamal Adams. 

Do you agree that we should have traded Teddy Bridgewater for Chuma Edoga, or besides him, a 3rd rounder in general given this team's history with quarterbacks? 

52 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

A safety will never get $15-16 mill a year

Yes, they will.

The Redskins gave Landon Collins $14 million a year with $40 million guaranteed and Adams is universally considered the better player.

• Upvote 1

Dont hate him. As a matter of fact .. love him as a cornerstone of this defenses secondary and amplifier of emotion. The Ray Lewis our D. Talks a lot ... But backs it up. Perennial pro bowler ..kid has 'It' and will be a force at safety for years to come ... Hope the Jets give him a juicy Six year extension. His brash style is the perfect compliment to Mosely's quiet confidence.

Right now he is a better Safety than Darnold is a QB.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Right now he is a better Safety than Darnold is a QB.

Is this a complement?

• Haha 2

Is this a complement?
Dunno ..I dont see any ... Why do you hate Sam Darnold threads ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Yes, they will.

The Redskins gave Landon Collins $14 million a year with $40 million guaranteed and Adams is universally considered the better player.

The market is what it is. If you don’t pay Adams you’ll pay someone else. Maybe not as much but close and they wouldn’t be as talented or they’d get the same or more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DLJ said:

Dreadlocks are an ethnic hairdo, why does he need to cut it off to please a bunch of old white guys?

I posted nothing that would justify you making some kind of a racial statement about old white guys? I guess you're talking about all the Owners in the NFL? Whatever you're mad at them for, I Didn't Do It. I was joking about a guy's haircut as I have also done about Sam Darold and Eli Manning. I've never heard you chime in on any of those? There was nothing in my post about ethnicity whatsoever. Please keep your complexes and insecurities to yourself and have a nice day.

• Upvote 3

I put “he talks too much,” however I don’t hate Jamal Adams. 

I’m not a fan of players’ choices to air their laundry on social media. They certainly have the right to do so, but I don’t like that they choose to do so. 

Jamal is a good player and the best player on the Jets’ defense. He is overrated right now, though. If he strings a bunch of games together like he had against the Giants, I’ll change my tune, but imo he misses too many tackles to be considered great. Last Sunday was the first “great” game I’ve seen him play. Granted, I could never do what he does, so I should probably keep my mouth shut.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

The highest paid safeties in the league already get $14M+ a year.   Byard and Landon Collins are 2 examples.  

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Do you agree that we should have traded Teddy Bridgewater for Chuma Edoga, or besides him, a 3rd rounder in general given this team's history with quarterbacks? 

I wasn’t too upset about it. Bridgewater would be a fine backup, but the team would have been doomed with or without him. That Maccagnan blew the pick is almost besides the point 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wasn’t too upset about it. Bridgewater would be a fine backup, but the team would have been doomed with or without him. That Maccagnan blew the pick is almost besides the point 

This is insane.

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Despite the smear campaign it appears like most Jets fans like Jamal

I like Jamal. I like the return he would bring in a trade even better.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I thought we ended up trading Teddy for Jachai Polite.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Porque 

It's just the mindset of everybody wanting to put all the eggs in one basket as quickly as possible. There is no earthly reason why deciding to start Darnold out of the gate last year militated getting rid of Bridgewater but people act like it was this foregone conclusion.

5 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Lol.. Jamal has already marketed himself as valuable as Tom Brady.. He Will be highly insulted if you call him “ just a safety. “  He is going to want to be highest paid D player in NFL.. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's just the mindset of everybody wanting to put all the eggs in one basket as quickly as possible. There is no earthly reason why deciding to start Darnold out of the gate last year militated getting rid of Bridgewater but people act like it was this foregone conclusion.

Still, in the worst case, did anyone want to see Bridgewater given the chance to be the QB of the Jets franchise while the third overall sits on the bench? It’d be moribund.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Still, in the worst case, did anyone want to see Bridgewater given the chance to get the QB of the Jets franchise while the third overall sits on the bench? It’d be moribund.

FOR ****S SAKE YES. Bridgewater can play. Darnold can't. That's exactly what the **** I'd have wanted to see in the event that things turned out as they have.

16 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. Jamal has already marketed himself as valuable as Tom Brady.. He Will be highly insulted if you call him “ just a safety. “  He is going to want to be highest paid D player in NFL.. 

He can want whatever he wants he’s still only getting market value. 

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Teddy Bridgewater is beyond thrilled we traded him. 

And Geno is very happy to be in Seattle.  

Just now, prime21 said:

And Geno is very happy to be in Seattle.  

Hopefully for Geno he can get one of those nice back NFL careers like Kellen Clemens did. Not a bad deal. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still, in the worst case, did anyone want to see Bridgewater given the chance to get the QB of the Jets franchise while the third overall sits on the bench? It’d be moribund.

At this point I would happier if they kept Bridgewater and drafted Nelson and Smith in 2018 and McCoy in 2019. The team would actually be half way decent. 

40 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He can want whatever he wants he’s still only getting market value. 

you don’t mind if he holds out ? I agree jets shouldn’t pay a box safety, even the best in NFL, elite passer $$$.. Sucks because Mac was so bad of a gm, we will have wasted Adams rookie deal years.. Douglas hasnt even had 1 off season yet to start the fix. It’s going to take at least 2 years. Why I think Adams is gone this off season..

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

you don’t mind if he holds out ? I agree jets shouldn’t pay a box safety, even the best in NFL, elite passer $$$.. Sucks because Mac was so bad of a gm, we will have wasted Adams rookie deal years.. Douglas hasnt even had 1 off season yet to start the fix. It’s going to take at least 2 years. Why I think Adams is gone this off season..

They have him under contract for two more years so they have time. 

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They have him under contract for two more years so they have time. 

Can’t rule out a hold out next summer 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This is insane.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Porque 

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Still, in the worst case, did anyone want to see Bridgewater given the chance to be the QB of the Jets franchise while the third overall sits on the bench? It’d be moribund.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

FOR ****S SAKE YES. Bridgewater can play. Darnold can't. That's exactly what the **** I'd have wanted to see in the event that things turned out as they have.

I got to side with Ms. Hearts on this one.

You dont trade a competent QB because you drafted a QB that has proven absolutely nothing on the pro level. 

I think I had this convo with Slats, as I personally would have released McCown, gave Bridgewater a 10 million dollar contract and told him to do everything in your power to keep the kid on the sideline. Then I would have told Sam to do everything in his power to get on the field. 

The competition would have given the Jets the best of both QB's. Instead we paid 10 million for a mentor and none of that mentorship is useful on the field right now, as Darnold has reverted back to almost everything except fumbling the ball. And the fact that we traded Bridgewater left not just a hole at the QB2 position, but it wouldnt be insane to conclude that we traded the best QB on the team. Sam has not proven anything outside of having potential, which he certainly does...but what player who makes it to this stage doesnt? 

Look, as a fan I can understand your highlighted comment, however, as a GM you got to have a much broader perspective and understand that you're not just trying to build around your supposed franchise QB, but you're building the best 53 man roster you can. With that said, to trade Teddy Bridgewater for a 3rd round pick means that the Jets felt like they could possibly find someone who was either as good or better at another position. So far that has shown to be false. 

Meanwhile, the team that they traded with, New Orleans Saints, is a respectably ran franchise with one of the best coaches in the league and arguably the greatest QB of all time. And they felt that giving up a 3rd round pick to have a "Just in case" QB to back up our Franchise guy was more valuable than anything that they could have drafted with that 3rd round pick. 

They ended up being correct as Brees went down, Bridgewater stepped up and went 5-0, basically saving their season. The Saints didnt miss a beat when their all-time great QB (who is CLEARLY better than Bridgewater) went down. However, It goes back to what I said up top. Bridgewater is a competent, above average QB and being a NY Jets Franchise with a history of problems at that position, to seriously make that trade because you drafted a 21 year old who's proven nothing is the exact reason why their history is the way it is. 

The Saints understood that even having a goat at QB, you dont stop trying to build a complete 53 man roster. 

New Orleans got off like bandits in that trade, not for doing anything nefarious, simply by having the proper understanding of value and the broader picture of how to not just build around your starting QB, but maintain their team and maintain their season if ANY STARTER were to go down. 

It was a bad trade brother. It simply was, and we're paying for it, and folks who knew that trading a real QB in order to acquire picks for a front office who's shown to be notorious at getting nothing out of their picks, especially picks lower than the 6th overall pick, was just a bad idea. 

Im not saying that JD is incompetent, but just like I said that you dont trade Bridge until Sam proves himself, you have to allow JD to prove himself with his current resources before we start trading the best player on the team for picks. 

We need the proof of JD being able to make competent decisions, first.

We'll find out sooner or later for sure. It always reveals itself. With Maccagnan, it was resigning Fitz and the fashion in which he was bent over for an entire offseason, while also drafting Hackenberg in the 2nd round. These things show themselves early. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I thought we ended up trading Teddy for Jachai Polite.

Either pick was a tragedy, though even I wanted Polite for a 3rd round pick. However, I dont see these guys behind closed doors and off camera. How Maccagnan drafted a guy so toxic to the point that he couldnt make out out of preseason is an astonishment. 

He has to be the worst GM during my 25 years of following the team.

7 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Bleh. I feel like Bridgewater would have been McCown+ here and ultimately the road to nowhere, as usual. He had a decent stretch on a ridiculously loaded Saints offense, but I can’t imagine he’s have anywhere close to that kind of success here. I’m not a Darnold absolutist yet, either, and think he’s a worthwhile gamble. 

Gee the overvaluing of Bridgewater is monumental here.

He goes to a super bowl contender with one of the best head coaches in the league and perhaps the best oc in the league.

A team loaded with weapons and a good oline.

Put Teddy in this team with  this oline and this coach and he would get his ass kicked.