132 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you hate Jamal Adams?

• We should have drafted Mahommes
    • t0m Shane told me to
    • He talks too much
    • I like Jamal Adams
    • FU, pal

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The highest paid safeties in the league already get $14M+ a year.   Byard and Landon Collins are 2 examples.  

What is the franchise tag value for a safety? I had thought it was somewhere around $11-$12 million per year.  That is not bad value for 2022.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It was a bad trade brother. It simply was, and we're paying for it, and folks who knew that trading a real QB in order to acquire picks for a front office who's shown to be notorious at getting nothing out of their picks, especially picks lower than the 6th overall pick, was just a bad idea. 

As I said to Ms. Hearts, the prospect of sticking Bridgewater and his puny legs behind this OL, throwing to these receivers, isn’t inspiring to me at all, personally. Bridgewater is a middling player with dire injury concerns, and giving him a chance to keep the third overall pick on the sidelines would have been counterproductive, imo. I just don’t see the benefit in the short- or long term. Granted, Maccagnan ended up wasting the pick anyway, but I think the intent was fine.

As far as trading Adams for a one+ to give the new, highly regarded GM more ammo to fill up a putrid roster isn’t exactly like giving an historically inept another third rounder during a doomed offseason. I go back to this, would you rather have Adams or the top center in the draft? Would you rather have Adams or a huge WR prospect moving forward? Because you can’t get good OL or WRs on the open market, but you can have your pick of strong safeties. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bleh. I feel like Bridgewater would have been McCown+ here and ultimately the road to nowhere, as usual. He had a decent stretch on a ridiculously loaded Saints offense, but I can’t imagine he’s have anywhere close to that kind of success here. I’m not a Darnold absolutist yet, either, and think he’s a worthwhile gamble. 

All told, the Jets traded Bridgewater, a 1, three 2s, a 6, and a 7 for Darnold and Edoga and you think this is a worthwhile gamble and the alternative is a road to nowhere. Again this is insane.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

All told, the Jets traded Bridgewater, a 1, three 2s, a 6, and a 7 for Darnold and Edoga and you think this is a worthwhile gamble and the alternative is a road to nowhere. Again this is insane.

Holy sh*t

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What is the franchise tag value for a safety? I had thought it was somewhere around $11-$12 million per year.  That is not bad value for 2022.

Nope.  It'll be closer to $14M.  Top 5 Safety contracts:

Player Team Age Total
Value
Avg./Year Total
Guaranteed
Fully
Guaranteed
Free
Agency
Kevin Byard Titans 26 $70,500,000 $14,100,000 $30,825,000 $19,625,000 2025 UFA
Tyrann Mathieu Chiefs 27 $42,000,000 $14,000,000 $26,800,000 $26,800,000 2022 UFA
Landon Collins Redskins 25 $84,000,000 $14,000,000 $44,500,000 $31,000,000 2025 UFA
Earl Thomas Ravens 30 $55,000,000 $13,750,000 $32,000,000 $32,000,000 2023 UFA
Reshad Jones Dolphins 31 $48,000,000 $12,000,000 $33,000,000 $19,885,000 2022 UFA

Lol.. Jamal has already marketed himself as valuable as Tom Brady.. He Will be highly insulted if you call him “ just a safety. “  He is going to want to be highest paid D player in NFL.. 

Mark my words, he will sign for 10 years 100 mill

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm gonna pin this one. More stupid sh*t from the King of it. Get a clue pal. Your boy ain't taking less than 15 mil per. No way is he worth that.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rexorcism said:

Lol. Not even 1% chance of that deal lol 

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm gonna pin this one. More stupid sh*t from the King of it. Get a clue pal. Your boy ain't taking less than 15 mil per. No way is he worth that.

Lol. Not even 1% chance of that deal lol 

Offer it to him at the end of this year, so its 2 years early, 10 year $100 mill, full guaranteed contract. And then if needed do what those crooks Belicheck and Kraft do, hand him a bag of 20 mill in cash under the table.
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Offer it to him at the end of this year, so its 2 years early, 10 year $100 mill, full guaranteed contract. And then if needed do what those crooks Belicheck and Kraft do, hand him a bag of 20 mill in cash under the table.

Jerk-Off.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

@T0mShane  im a big fan of Jamal Adams he is the best Safety in the NFL. 

The better he plays I heard you developed a twitch that gets really bad especially when watching the games and he excels. 

Image result for man with nervous twitch gifs

Everyone hung up on labels 

just think of him as an edge rusher with elite coverage skills 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

He certainly does not have elite coverage skills.

He is not asked to cover often and gets burnt as much as anyone when he does.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He certainly does not have elite coverage skills.

He is not asked to cover often and gets burnt as much as anyone when he does.

And if he had to actually line up and rush the passer off the edge, he wouldn't last a week before he ended up on IR.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

but he can't cover.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And if he had to actually line up and rush the passer off the edge, he wouldn't last a week before he ended up on IR.

Then he could hangout with the other half of the team. 

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2019 at 6:49 AM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If Darnold is good then it's worth it and then some.

If the Jets kept Bridgewater he would have ripped his knee apart in his first competitive game. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know the Jets. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Edge rusher IS a label, and 2 career INTs is not elite coverage skills territory. 

30 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Edge rusher IS a label, and 2 career INTs is not elite coverage skills territory. 

No but giving up a passer rating of like 58 is

you guys need to step up your game lol

You’re gonna being going on a crusher vacation 

Whoop de do. I dont live on here like some of these aholes

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

After today we can change the title to why do you love Jamal Adams. 

71 fans do outnumbering the haters. 

On 11/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Beerfish said:

Garbage time stats?

Then why post at all

Because its a free country and if I have something to say I’ll say it. Why do you care?

Nobody hatesJamal Adams.  I think most people are very fair.  He is a very good player. Fans don’t want to trade him UNLESS we get a monster package so that shows you fans value him as a player. HOWEVER I still need to see more consistently in the way he has played the past few weeks.  He has played elite BUT he hadn’t shown it consistently especially against better teams.? That’s not a knock that’s just being as honest as possible.  I think he still has more development to go so he may very well be on his way to be a top NFL player but it hadn’t happened as of yet

8 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Because its a free country and if I have something to say I’ll say it. Why do you care?

I simply said you’re going to go on a crusher vacation and you kept it going. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

False

I meant logical fans don’t hate him lol

• Like 1

I simply said you’re going to go on a crusher vacation and you kept it going. 

Do you really think its the end of the world if you’re banned on a messageboard for a few days? Is it really that big of a deal to you? You need to get a life if it is...