jetstream23

How the Jets beat the Giants - Brian Baldinger

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd imagine this is why it's been rumored that Jamal isn't beloved in the locker room. The team has been struggling all year, he spent the week before the crushing Miami loss crying into every microphone he could find about a grievance that he entirely made up, then took ZERO responsibility for that loss, and a week later the team rallies to put together a good, old-fashioned team win where the coaching staff held the team together, the offense finally looked like it had a pulse, and a bunch of DL had good games, and yet all of the post-game coverage focused on Jamal Adams making that one play 47 seconds into the second half (after which the Giants scored two more easy passing TDs to re-take the lead), and they covered it as though it was the game-winning play, which it wasn't--not even close. But because he's such an obnoxious, me-first self-promoter, he gets all the attention and shapes the narrative. Reading the stories and watching the recaps, you'd have thought Adams stripped Daniel Jones at the end of the fourth with 10 seconds left on the clock with the Jets down by six. But, no, 47 seconds after halftime, and two minutes before Golden Tate walks down the middle of the field for a 61 yard TD

Now I'm starting to understand why you hate Jamal Adams. You think the sideline is the middle of the field. Thanks for clarifying. This play also happened to be the opposite side of the field 33 was covering, but rage on.

BTW - you want to see someone half assing it on the field, take a look at #95 on that play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You'll note I'm not "screaming" about Jamal's play on the field. I'm talking about how Jamal elides criticism after losses and sucks up all the narrative oxygen after a rare win because he's a self-promoting douche with no self-awareness or sense of personal accountability.  

You're talking about all the passing yards & TD's against our secondary as if Adams is being targeted and is part of the problem with the secondary. I don't believe that to be the case. I've been digging a little and haven't found anything yet. My mind can be changed with evidence, but I don't see any being presented. Just - blame Jamal because he's the leader of the secondary or something.

Outside of the Miami game the guy has been playing great. It's not his fault he's surrounded by trash.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He refers to himself as "The President" because he considers himself the leader of not just the secondary, but of the team. 

ok

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

It is surprising no one was excited about his worst performance maybe ever.

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is a homeless guy who lives in a park near me who screams at squirrels all day and night. He’s not threatening, per se, but it’s uncomfortable to see. Now, if I posted a poll that asked “Why do you hate the squirrel guy?,” and included a poll option saying “I don’t hate the squirrel guy,” that option would win because we all just kinda feel bad for squirrel guy, but we secretly wish he’d get arrested by a fascistic law enforcement entity and locked away somewhere so we don’t have to see him anymore. Same thing happened here. Nobody “hates” Adams, but we’d all happily trade him for a really good right tackle tomorrow if we could.

Adams tweets a meme on twitter having some fun at his opponents expense after a win and the same 3 guys who are on his case every day go nuts. You can say no one hates him, but we know better.

• Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company