jetstream23

How the Jets beat the Giants - Brian Baldinger

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

for one great game?  I don't think so.  Ask him how much he'd spend if you add in the Miami game. Consistency is what I seek. Maybe it's coming. I sure hope so. Then I could in good conscience join the fanboy club.

Right. I want to love Adams. I like him and am not quite as butt hurt as a lot of guys get when he does gen Z stuff on the internet, but I can get it I suppose.  it's his inconsistency that bothers me though.  It's the schemes and where the coaches have him lined up and all that, but he disappears in some games. The guy is clearly extremely talented and also has the drive. That's great. But a guy like Palomalu literally changed games. Sorta like Jamal did against the Giants, but it would be every week for years.  If Jamal could just be more consistent It would be a short leap for me to join the club. 

That said, I would take a 1st and 3rd for him at min with my mindset that everything will suck until Sam gets a stud OL and some legit WR's around him. All resources need to go that way with CB closely behind. If we can get more quality assets to make that more possible, then I'm in. 

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wow. You just expressed my opinion more thoroughly than I could have. This is exactly where I stand. 

Well now, isn't it just fantastic when that happens?  (I love your avatar by the way man)  

Adams is great and Maye is great too. We really do have something there, but with being somewhere around our 7th and 8th starting LB's and our god awful CB situation it is quite easy to get around two solid players in the defensive backfield.   Adams is not so great that you don't take the opportunity to grab  a first and 3rd (giving us 2 firsts and 3 3rds this draft) or even more like 2 firsts or something cray cray like that.  Teams with a more rounded defense would do very well to have an animal like Adams flying around. It would be great if that was us, but not at the expense of Sam not having what he needs. Thats the priority. 

41 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If he was a beast in coverage and a magnet to the ball, I’d keep him. But he’s just a luxury blitzing linebacker with some attitude. 

Gimme the high draft picks to surround our QB for now. 

That's just it.  It's all about allocation of assets. IMO Taking someone who is primarily used as a box safety and flipping him for two stud OL or a LT and a WR is a no brainer. He's actually very good in coverage too but that's not how he's used for some reason. Teams will be willing to pony up quite a bit for him if he has a few more games like last week. 

I'm not a Jamal hater nor am I excited or happy about the idea of trading a guy like him, but again it's about Sam and the offense. Retaining Adams when the alternative is generating two or more premium draft picks is using emotions to base decisions on. Build from the inside out. Not the outside in. If we can do that while keeping Jamal Adams on the team, great!  I'm all about it, but when the Cowboys or Ravens come calling with some crazy offers you consider it at the bare min. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company