Jump to content
jetstream23

How the Jets beat the Giants - Brian Baldinger

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Adams is an impact player, but the fact that he’s made basically no discernible impact isn’t his fault

He is also the supreme leader, but only in games that they win 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He is also the supreme leader, but only in games that they win 

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Losmeister said:

playing football at its highest level would inlcude hitting a wide open WR on a flea flicker

wouldnt it?

Yes it would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

 

If somebody covered up the name/position and told us this was an Edge Linebacker's stats below how much do you think Jets fans would want to pay this guy?

 

485522940_ScreenShot2019-11-12at1_48_37PM.png.34d771879ddb985a03121dec3963f8fb.png

 

My guess is $426,824,578,208. lol

 

 

Excellent way to look at him.

When I was watching the breakdown, all I was thinking was why we dont move him to a hybrid LB/SS position.  Running a 3-3-5 (which coincidentally is what Matt Rhule does at Baylor) would allow us to have 3 strong interior DL, Jenkins and hopefully a FA OLB and then Mosley and Adams on the interior.  Let Adams cover the slot, blitz, crowd the line, drop in zone coverage, basically just move him all over the field as much as possible without losing run support.  You can then play Maye and 3 additional DBs that are a combo of either safeties or CBs depending on your personnel.

Seems like that would be the way to maximize his talents and really create some confusion on defense.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

Or when he put together that killer stat line of “5 tackles” during the 33-0 drubbing by the Patriots.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

It is surprising no one was excited about his worst performance maybe ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It is surprising no one was excited about his worst performance maybe ever.

So when Kahil Mack doesnt get a sack, that means he sucks?

Adams had 2 bad games in a row and handled an off the field thing poorly - then he had an absolutely ridiculous game.  Dont really see anything to debate about that

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or when he put together that killer stat line of “5 tackles” during the 33-0 drubbing by the Patriots.

I mean this has got to sting a little no?

image.thumb.png.978c4ea082d6c445a16204a89cf33fce.png

The gospel you've been preaching for years falling on deaf ears for all but the most gullible. 

You've lost my friend.  It's all over.

Jamal is either getting extended (most likely case) or traded for a massive haul.  That's what most of us have been trying to tell you and your sycophants for years.  JamallPro Adams is a stud, impact player and all but your sickly crew of misfits knows this to be the case.

Shame on you.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pac said:

I mean this has got to sting a little no?

image.thumb.png.978c4ea082d6c445a16204a89cf33fce.png

The gospel you've been preaching for years falling on deaf ears for all but the most gullible. 

You've lost my friend.  It's all over.

Jamal is either getting extended (most likely case) or traded for a massive haul.  That's what most of us have been trying to tell you and your sycophants for years.  JamallPro Adams is a stud, impact player and all but your sickly crew of misfits knows this to be the case.

Shame on you.

There is a homeless guy who lives in a park near me who screams at squirrels all day and night. He’s not threatening, per se, but it’s uncomfortable to see. Now, if I posted a poll that asked “Why do you hate the squirrel guy?,” and included a poll option saying “I don’t hate the squirrel guy,” that option would win because we all just kinda feel bad for squirrel guy, but we secretly wish he’d get arrested by a fascistic law enforcement entity and locked away somewhere so we don’t have to see him anymore. Same thing happened here. Nobody “hates” Adams, but we’d all happily trade him for a really good right tackle tomorrow if we could.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

You and my man T0m have been quoting each other for a good half page now.  Looks like we've got the circle jerks covered this week 😁

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You and my man T0m have been quoting each other for a good half page now.  Looks like we've got the circle jerks covered this week 😁

They perfected the 2-man circle jerk in 1994.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nobody “hates” Adams, but we’d all happily trade him for a really good right tackle tomorrow if we could.

sarcastic richard dormer GIF by Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is a homeless guy who lives in a park near me who screams at squirrels all day and night. He’s not threatening, per se, but it’s uncomfortable to see. Now, if I posted a poll that asked “Why do you hate the squirrel guy?,” and included a poll option saying “I don’t hate the squirrel guy,” that option would win because we all just kinda feel bad for squirrel guy, but we secretly wish he’d get arrested by a fascistic law enforcement entity and locked away somewhere so we don’t have to see him anymore. Same thing happened here. Nobody “hates” Adams, but we’d all happily trade him for a really good right tackle tomorrow if we could.

Adams tweets a meme on twitter having some fun at his opponents expense after a win and the same 3 guys who are on his case every day go nuts. You can say no one hates him, but we know better.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dcat said:

for one great game?  I don't think so.  Ask him how much he'd spend if you add in the Miami game. Consistency is what I seek. Maybe it's coming. I sure hope so. Then I could in good conscience join the fanboy club.

Right. I want to love Adams. I like him and am not quite as butt hurt as a lot of guys get when he does gen Z stuff on the internet, but I can get it I suppose.  it's his inconsistency that bothers me though.  It's the schemes and where the coaches have him lined up and all that, but he disappears in some games. The guy is clearly extremely talented and also has the drive. That's great. But a guy like Palomalu literally changed games. Sorta like Jamal did against the Giants, but it would be every week for years.  If Jamal could just be more consistent It would be a short leap for me to join the club. 

That said, I would take a 1st and 3rd for him at min with my mindset that everything will suck until Sam gets a stud OL and some legit WR's around him. All resources need to go that way with CB closely behind. If we can get more quality assets to make that more possible, then I'm in. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I want to love Adams. I like him and am not quite as butt hurt as a lot of guys get when he does gen Z stuff on the internet, but I can get it I suppose.  it's his inconsistency that bothers me though.  It's the schemes and where the coaches have him lined up and all that, but he disappears in some games. The guy is clearly extremely talented and also has the drive. That's great. But a guy like Palomalu literally changed games. Sorta like Jamal did against the Giants, but it would be every week for years.  If Jamal could just be more consistent It would be a short leap for me to join the club. 

That said, I would take a 1st and 3rd for him at min with my mindset that everything will suck until Sam gets a stud OL and some legit WR's around him. All resources need to go that way with CB closely behind. If we can get more quality assets to make that more possible, then I'm in. 

Wow. You just expressed my opinion more thoroughly than I could have. This is exactly where I stand. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He is also the supreme leader, but only in games that they win 

He always wins even when his team loses.

He once sacked Tom Brady wearing Aaron Donald’s uniform.

 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I want to love Adams. I like him and am not quite as butt hurt as a lot of guys get when he does gen Z stuff on the internet, but I can get it I suppose.  it's his inconsistency that bothers me though.  It's the schemes and where the coaches have him lined up and all that, but he disappears in some games. The guy is clearly extremely talented and also has the drive. That's great. But a guy like Palomalu literally changed games. Sorta like Jamal did against the Giants, but it would be every week for years.  If Jamal could just be more consistent It would be a short leap for me to join the club. 

That said, I would take a 1st and 3rd for him at min with my mindset that everything will suck until Sam gets a stud OL and some legit WR's around him. All resources need to go that way with CB closely behind. If we can get more quality assets to make that more possible, then I'm in. 

If he was a beast in coverage and a magnet to the ball, I’d keep him. But he’s just a luxury blitzing linebacker with some attitude. 

Gimme the high draft picks to surround our QB for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BCJet said:

So when Kahil Mack doesnt get a sack, that means he sucks?

Adams had 2 bad games in a row and handled an off the field thing poorly - then he had an absolutely ridiculous game.  Dont really see anything to debate about that

The reason why those two bad games stand out is because the Jets are so bad at some many other spots around Adams that nobody is there to pick up the slack.  When most teams have a great player perform subpar there are some other guys who step up.  The Jets don't have any of those other guys.  They're either not here (CBs) or they're injured (Mosley, Williamson, etc.)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wow. You just expressed my opinion more thoroughly than I could have. This is exactly where I stand. 

Well now, isn't it just fantastic when that happens?  (I love your avatar by the way man)  

Adams is great and Maye is great too. We really do have something there, but with being somewhere around our 7th and 8th starting LB's and our god awful CB situation it is quite easy to get around two solid players in the defensive backfield.   Adams is not so great that you don't take the opportunity to grab  a first and 3rd (giving us 2 firsts and 3 3rds this draft) or even more like 2 firsts or something cray cray like that.  Teams with a more rounded defense would do very well to have an animal like Adams flying around. It would be great if that was us, but not at the expense of Sam not having what he needs. Thats the priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

If he was a beast in coverage and a magnet to the ball, I’d keep him. But he’s just a luxury blitzing linebacker with some attitude. 

Gimme the high draft picks to surround our QB for now. 

That's just it.  It's all about allocation of assets. IMO Taking someone who is primarily used as a box safety and flipping him for two stud OL or a LT and a WR is a no brainer. He's actually very good in coverage too but that's not how he's used for some reason. Teams will be willing to pony up quite a bit for him if he has a few more games like last week. 

I'm not a Jamal hater nor am I excited or happy about the idea of trading a guy like him, but again it's about Sam and the offense. Retaining Adams when the alternative is generating two or more premium draft picks is using emotions to base decisions on. Build from the inside out. Not the outside in. If we can do that while keeping Jamal Adams on the team, great!  I'm all about it, but when the Cowboys or Ravens come calling with some crazy offers you consider it at the bare min. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I'd imagine this is why it's been rumored that Jamal isn't beloved in the locker room. The team has been struggling all year, he spent the week before the crushing Miami loss crying into every microphone he could find about a grievance that he entirely made up, then took ZERO responsibility for that loss, and a week later the team rallies to put together a good, old-fashioned team win where the coaching staff held the team together, the offense finally looked like it had a pulse, and a bunch of DL had good games, and yet all of the post-game coverage focused on Jamal Adams making that one play 47 seconds into the second half (after which the Giants scored two more easy passing TDs to re-take the lead), and they covered it as though it was the game-winning play, which it wasn't--not even close. But because he's such an obnoxious, me-first self-promoter, he gets all the attention and shapes the narrative. Reading the stories and watching the recaps, you'd have thought Adams stripped Daniel Jones at the end of the fourth with 10 seconds left on the clock with the Jets down by six. But, no, 47 seconds after halftime, and two minutes before Golden Tate walks down the middle of the field for a 61 yard TD, 

Points are points. Something we aren't scoring much of on offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a guy whose LSU teams went 25-12 and never finished above third in the SEC West, and is now on a team that's gone 11-30 since you were drafted while "leading" a defense that's finished 22nd, 29th, and (currently) 25th in points allowed and still having people refer to you as a "winner."

Charlie Sheen changed the game for Adams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Daniel Jones threw so many touchdowns against the Jets that it was hard to keep track of where they were coming from. 

It's really hard to figure out why your a Jets "fan" at all. Loved it last year when the Jets crushed Detroit in the opener and you disappeared for about 2 months. Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It did occur to me that we didn’t get any circle jerk threads last week, when Adams just stood there leading men while something called “Preston Williams” got wide-open for a TD

and note...   he wont run over peterson or guice on his way to sacks this week..  

not one fanboy dared to take me up on a $50 bet....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He refers to himself as "The President" because he considers himself the leader of not just the secondary, but of the team. 

And according to everyone who counts he is

Except to a couple of internet experts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Jamal Adams is playing lights out.  The peanut gallery throwing shade on a good young Jets player.  Imagine that.  Yet, they suggest he's shaping the narrative.  Duh, yeah, he's shaping the narrative with his play and I'm enjoying watching that.  I hope we keep him.  

yeah... once every 3 or 4 games.  Then you get games like Miami where he is largely responsible for the opposing team's points.  How 'bout a little consistency from him before assuming he is going to land in Canton?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dcat said:

yeah... once every 3 or 4 games.  Then you get games like Miami where he is largely responsible for the opposing team's points.  How 'bout a little consistency from him before assuming he is going to land in Canton?  

Too early to tell if he ends up in Canton.  Also, hard to tell without coach's perspective who is to blame for Miami...you have a link where the coaches blame Jamal?

Still think he's a stronger part of the solution versus the problem.

You have have more to add?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Too early to tell if he ends up in Canton.  Also, hard to tell without coach's perspective who is to blame for Miami...you have a link where the coaches blame Jamal?

Still think he's a stronger part of the solution versus the problem.

You have have more to add?

LOL.  You don't need a link to see who gave Miami all their early points in that game. Just use your own eyes and common sense.  It's ok.  #33 more than made up for that dreadful performance in Miami with his spectacular performance vs Giants.  That's the whole point.  He is wildly inconsistent.  That needs to change before the end of that rookie contract. And building an OL for Darnold should absolutely be a much higher priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love Adams but he's going to be impossible to re-sign in a couple years given the circumstances surrounding the team. Smart move is to look for a trade after the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, jetstream23 said:

Not a Jamal fan, but when the defense gives up 300 yards and 4 TD's to a rookie QB I don't understand how you say the game was won because of a defender. I understand he had a TD himself, but if the offense was it's normal anemic self, we lose this game handidly. no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 9:05 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Adams tweets a meme on twitter having some fun at his opponents expense after a win and the same 3 guys who are on his case every day go nuts. You can say no one hates him, but we know better.

I don't like Adams as a person or what he has and will cost this franchise if we extend, but I don't care enough about him to hate him. Stupid to distill this down to one of two extremes. If JA was a Marcus Maye and was a second round pick who would resign for a reasonable amount it'd be easy to look past all the showmanship but he's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 6:49 PM, T0mShane said:

He refers to himself as "The President" because he considers himself the leader of not just the secondary, but of the team. 

Insert Donald Trump joke here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...