Did Sheppard Impress Anyone?

JetBlue

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Barkley, 13 carries ONE yard 

5 Sacks

A win

One pointless argument against the DL.

And a baseless point today about Quinnen being Leo in a year.

Then again, who would guess that youd put this negative Nancy spin on a thread like this

Eh?  So you are saying that Leo was much worse than what we said and not just a jag?  I agree!

Baseless point?

So far Q williams has shown nothing  to suggest he is aaron  onald and shown a lot to suggest he is leo williams.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Thanks for a negative spin. We can almost always count on you.

You mean the correct spin right?  Because the negative nancys and doomsayers on here are right about 90
% of the things they have said over the ;last few years and the sunshine squad has been right ab out 10% pf the time.

Sheppard played well, as well or better than leo ever did.

Non pass rushing DTs dont make you win in this league.  And yet we drafted yet another one at THIRD overall last year.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mike McCagnan is an nfl expert.

Yeah, McCagnan was the only person that loved Q. We are going to also ignore the fact that teams were knocking down our door for Q at the trade deadline because beerfish knows more about football than all those GMs and scouts. 

It's insane that NFL teams haven't seen all your brilliant posts and tried to lure you away to be their GM!!!

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Eh?  So you are saying that Leo was much worse than what we said and not just a jag?  I agree!

Baseless point?

So far Q williams has shown nothing  to suggest he is aaron  onald and shown a lot to suggest he is leo williams.

Q is a rookie.  He’s not playing poorly.  To think a rookie, who was limited by injuries should look like Aaron Donald really is mindless.  Hey, he’s also not Like any other HOF player yet.  Some Jets fans are so patient.  

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You mean the correct spin right?  Because the negative nancys and doomsayers on here are right about 90
% of the things they have said over the ;last few years and the sunshine squad has been right ab out 10% pf the time.

Sheppard played well, as well or better than leo ever did.

Non pass rushing DTs dont make you win in this league.  And yet we drafted yet another one at THIRD overall last year.

You live in a fantasy world.  You actually believe bitching about players after the fact makes you right 90% of the time?  You’re a Monday morning GM, not a GM.  

Non pass rushing DT, after a handful of games.  Only a 10% chance of this being wrong?  ? 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Scouts are obviously wrong all the time. The Pats drafted Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round. That doesn't make you a better evaluator of talent than Bellichick.  

i never claimed i was a better evaluator than BB.

i only said that i think its legit to worry that QW will be Leo v 2.0.

I am not PREDICTING that. But I AM worried. And if you are a Jet fan, you should be.

I mean, Bosa and Allen are both flashing way more than Q.

9 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i never claimed i was a better evaluator than BB.

i only said that i think its legit to worry that QW will be Leo v 2.0.

I am not PREDICTING that. But I AM worried. And if you are a Jet fan, you should be.

I mean, Bosa and Allen are both flashing way more than Q.

Q looks better than Leo did as a rookie, regardless, Leo is actually a very good NFL player. If the Jets biggest worry is that Q turns into Leo that is not the worst thing in the world. 

Obviously, we all hope Q is WAY better and I am pretty sure he is, but there are guys like Kevin White/Ereck Flowers/Mariotta taken in the top 10 of that same Leo draft that are now complete NFL trash. 

The bigger worry we should all have is how we fix our offensive line and CB situations. Bashing and doubting the few really talented players we seem to have is just dumb. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Q looks better than Leo did as a rookie, regardless, Leo is actually a very good NFL player.

Leo is a JAG through and through and a wasted draft pick.

And getting some doofus to bet me that he'd get more than 9 sacks this year will win me $100.

How many sacks you think Q will get rest o the way? YOu seem like a sucker, let's find an over/under and bet...

what say you, JoJo?

Sheppard looked good on Sunday.  Foley Fatukasi and Kyle Phillips have also looked good, especially Foley.  Whether you like Q or not, the devleopment of these later round picks and UDFA (in Phillips case) seems to support the arguments against picking a DT at 3 overall. 

Thats not meant as a knock on QW may still turn out to be better than any of these 3 guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad that our aging "project" DT is finally doing something 1.5 seasons into his career.

Still incredibly dumb that he was the very next pick after we took Darnold.  Should have been an Offensive Lineman.  

24 year old DTs don’t age, just 26 year olds?  

This is actually a problem over showing something on the field?  

On 11/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, ElBarrioJets said:

He looked great on Sunday. Quinnen, McLendon, Fatukasi and Shepherd is actually a pretty damn solid, dare I say good, rotation at DT. 

All of the above are under contract for next year as well. I think it may be the only position that is actually set for 2020.

Inside Linebacker & Safety too. Injury bug this year but CJ, Avery, Cashman. I think Jets keep Avery now after what happened with all the injuries. His contract is not that bad for a good veteran team guy.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:59 AM, slimjasi said:

We still obviously need a true edge rusher, but we have the chance to have a good defensive front 7 going forward. 

With these interior guys if JD can get a couple of edge rushers that need to be contained these inside guys can wreak havoc, especially with CJ Mosely back. I know it sounds like hyperbole but defenses get good very quickly sometimes when just a couple of critical positions get filled. 

Jets have some very good players on defense, stating with CJ Mosely who unfortunately got hurt, Jamal Adams, Maye, Avery W (hurt), Jenkins, these interior guys, plus I think Q is still growing & maturing. He's made more quick burst plays this year than Leo had in his career. Rest of this years experience & an offseason in the weight room QW could be a handful next year. Pray that Bless Austin is a player, JD gets us a pass rusher and a HEALTHY year could put this group up into the top 10 in this league. There really aren't any GREAT defenses in this league anymore, the Patsy schedule & the QBs/Olines they faced, Skins/Jets/Fins/Giants were a joke! 1st top team they faced punched them in the mouth! The league as a whole is awful.

• Upvote 1