Private workout will be held for Colin Kaepernick...

AbstraKt

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Goodell is the dumbest f*ck on the planet earth and he porked this issue from the beginning. 

Yep. Now he's putting it on the Teams. This way when no one shows up or he is not signed he can say "What else can we do? We tried Collin".  It's simple. The old you can't blame us if no one wants you defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

He put out the impression that social justice was more important to him than football.  He wanted it both ways, but that wasn't happening and he picked his path.  Not saying he's a bad guy for doing it, and he's probably paid more than enough of a price for it, but has he ever said he wants to make football his #1 priority now or is he just trying to have it all?  Because I can't blame teams for not being interested in him if he's going to be using their locker room as a platform for pushing his agenda.  

He's kind of in a tough spot now.  If he comes out and says he will put all of that extracurricular stuff aside during the season, Twitter will be vicious in calling him out as a sell-out.  He needs to learn to not give a crap about that.  Because without that, I would doubt any team is going to sign him.  Seems like a reasonable compromise if he really wants to play.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I will say, though, that his football career would probably be in a better position if the last thing that the NFL remembers wasn't him getting benched for Blaine f******* Gabbert.

But, of course, no one actually talks about his football ability anymore.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I will say, though, that his football career would probably be in a better position if the last thing that the NFL remembers wasn't him getting benched for Blaine f******* Gabbert.

But, of course, no one actually talks about his football ability anymore.

The right move was getting out of the way when the Seahawks wanted to sign him to back up Russel Wilson a few years ago. The whole problem would have disintegrated within a single news cycle. Now, they're in a place where half the league needs a QB but nobody can even attempt to sign him because he's radioactive. Goodell just bought himself another three months of horrific, pearl-clutching headlines for no reason.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He put out the impression that social justice was more important to him than football.  He wanted it both ways, but that wasn't happening and he picked his path.  Not saying he's a bad guy for doing it, and he's probably paid more than enough of a price for it, but has he ever said he wants to make football his #1 priority now or is he just trying to have it all?  Because I can't blame teams for not being interested in him if he's going to be using their locker room as a platform for pushing his agenda.  

He's kind of in a tough spot now.  If he comes out and says he will put all of that extracurricular stuff aside during the season, Twitter will be vicious in calling him out as a sell-out.  He needs to learn to not give a crap about that.  Because without that, I would doubt any team is going to sign him.  Seems like a reasonable compromise if he really wants to play.  

good post. so rare in JokeNation these days.

I thought his career was over when he threw two concec pick6s vs, was it Arizona...  throws so late and unmakeable, that it was laughable...

i texted my buddy... CKaps career just ended. he thought he had suffered a catastrophic injury.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I have NO sympathy for him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Even if he shows good ability nobody will sign him. Not worth the media attention for a backup QB. Especially when so many NFL fans are soft and sensitive and wouldn't watch if their team signed him. Bad for business

No one wants a communist jerkoff on their team. Also he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Lmao, 

If that's the case then he's in a bit of a pickle, since if he sat back and said nothing, that could have still been viewed as half self hating.

If he didn’t make about himself and actually made it about his girlfriend’s cause then he’d still be in the NFL. He’d probably be a back up but he’d be in the NFL. 

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If he didn’t make about himself and actually made it about his girlfriend’s cause then he’d still be in the NFL. He’d probably be a back up but he’d be in the NFL. 

I dont know much about his gf situation. However I do appreciate when situations arise where it can get to test the temperature of the country and where we are today. 

• Upvote 1