Private workout will be held for Colin Kaepernick...

AbstraKt

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s what was most disappointing about this Kaepernick kneeling thing: he did it to use his massive platform to bring attention to the issue, then when he had everyone’s attention, he had nothing to say: there was no follow-up movement, no grassroots organizing, not even a handful of coherent interviews laying out any sort of vision or plan. I think he thought that making the sacrifice and becoming a symbol of grievance was enough, but it clearly wasn’t. He was handed the megaphone for a minute and he used it to wonder aloud why a league run by Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones was keeping him from having a job. Disappointing.

Well put. 

• Upvote 3

1. As Colin Kaepernick tweeted, the NFL didn't inform his reps of Saturday's workout in Atlanta until this morning. Kaepernick's reps asked for workout to be on a Tuesday, the day of most workouts, but NFL said it had to be this Saturday. He asked for a later Saturday; NFL said no.

2.  NFLTradeRumors.co Retweeted

I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday. I’ve been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Exactly. We have freedom of speak to like or dislike it and the NFL which is a business has that right to like it or not like it. 

But it's the ones who do not like it that are getting all bent out of shape about his opinions....which he has never harmed or killed anyone for or in general..

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s what was most disappointing about this Kaepernick kneeling thing: he did it to use his massive platform to bring attention to the issue, then when he had everyone’s attention, he had nothing to say: there was no follow-up movement, no grassroots organizing, not even a handful of coherent interviews laying out any sort of vision or plan. I think he thought that making the sacrifice and becoming a symbol of grievance was enough, but it clearly wasn’t. He was handed the megaphone for a minute and he used it to wonder aloud why a league run by Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones was keeping him from having a job. Disappointing.

He lost all credibility with the people he was trying to get "woke" when he started parading around in Che shirts and wearing the "Pig" socks. 

Whatever. All we learned from him is what his price was. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He lost all credibility with the people he was trying to get "woke" when he started parading around in Che shirts and wearing the "Pig" socks. 

iirc, the pig socks picture was taken before the kneeling started, but it definitely made people who were inclined to sympathize with him back way off, imo. He could have used better advice.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me and you are on different ends of the political spectrum, but I can sure as hell agree with this.

If you’re going to stand for something, much less sacrifice your multi-million dollar career to stand for something, then stand with it.

This was a ploy by this goof.

He took his payout from the NFL and then tucked tail and ran.

The guy was a fraud and always was. At least a dude like Malcolm Jenkins I can respect, he put his money where his mouth was and genuinely tried to move both sides together.

Kaep is just a jackass and he gets zero sympathy from me.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

But it's the ones who do not like it that are getting all bent out of shape about his opinions....which he has never harmed or killed anyone for or in general..

I thought John Mara gave the most honest answer about why Kaepernick wasn’t getting back into the league. He said that the Giants entertained signing him, but the pushback he received from fans and his marketing partners was so much more intense than he thought it’d be that they concluded signing him wasn’t worth the hassle. 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Me and you are on different ends of the political spectrum, but I can sure as hell agree with this.

If you’re going to stand for something, much less sacrifice your multi-million dollar career to stand for something, then stand with it.

This was a ploy by this goof.

He took his payout from the NFL and then tucked tail and ran.

The guy was a fraud and always was. At least a dude like Malcolm Jenkins I can respect, he put his money where his mouth was and genuinely tried to move both sides together.

Kaep is just a jackass and he gets zero sympathy from me.

I’d only disagree in that I don’t think it was a grift by Kaepernick—I think he really believed he was doing the principled thing—I just don’t think he had a plan for what was to come, and he wasted his fifteen minutes.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Im surprised thats what made you quit the NFL and not something like Ray Rice knocking his girlfriend out years before. Line was drawn at kneeling for a minute lmaoo

Don’t be surprised, there are still people who value this country more than anything.  After the video came to light Ray Rice was cut and never played again.  

“Line was drawn at kneeling for a minute”.  And then you lamoo.   The time had really changed.  It seems that this country had not been good to you, Jet. 

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t like how he handle the whole situation. Tom’s post pretty much explains that. 

I agree w everything Tom said as well..but there is nothing to hate him(kap) for as posters here and football fans alike are doing

I myself being black I would say just like Whitlock said of kap..I think he is a fraud to a degree.

He started a storm that he was never expecting it to balloon the way it did. He was never equipped to carry that social justice torch but he seems to have seized an opportunity...so

I like that he brought awareness but I look to others who are intelligently speaking more to the actual problem than really stressing kap. 

On the football side I think he was done 3 years ago..teams started figuring him out. He never developed a touch..he just threw fast balls all the time.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d only disagree in that I don’t think it was a grift by Kaepernick—I think he really believed he was doing the principled thing—I just don’t think he had a plan for what was to come, and he wasted his fifteen minutes.

I still say it was his girlfriend who was a diehard BLM chick.

Kaep was raised by upper middle class, Jewish white parents since he was a toddler.

The guy knows nothing about struggling. His cause had absolutely nothing to do with his makeup or upbringing. Then he hooked up with the girl who publicly labeled Ray Lewis as an Uncle Tom and Steve Bisciotti as a “slave owner”. Two prominent members of the same organization who seriously entertained signing him up until those silly ass remarks were made over Twitter.

The guy was once a very physically talented QB. I thought he would be what everyone believed Michael Vick would be. Turns out that was Lamar Jackson. The dude that goes out there week after week and just balls out while keeping his political ideals to himself.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m actually impressed that this thread is closing in on 100 posted and no one has had any personal attacks or over the top un-pc posts to get it locked. Well done. 

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Because he’s a racist, half self hating, pussy whipped attention whore. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Why are they indulging this ass hole?  Why don’t they have a private workout for Luke Falk also?

Probably;ly because Cap was a Super Bowl QB and Luke Falk was... I feel bad for Falk actually. 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought John Mara gave the most honest answer about why Kaepernick wasn’t getting back into the league. He said that the Giants entertained signing him, but the pushback he received from fans and his marketing partners was so much more intense than he thought it’d be that they concluded signing him wasn’t worth the hassle. 

I think he also had a chance to play for the ravens as well but I think he didnt like the money they were offering him....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AbstraKt said:

“The league hopes this provides that chance”. LMFAO. Hopes so badly that they made sure it wouldnt happen until It was certain it couldn’t work. And even now are making it as difficult as possible. How about waiting till he’s 79? That wouldn’t be any less obvious  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I think he also had a chance to play for the ravens as well but I think he didnt like the money they were offering him....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ray-lewis-ravens-refused-to-sign-colin-kaepernick-because-of-girlfriends-tweet/amp/

It wasn’t the money. It was the Ravens that backed out apparently over his GFs tweet

30 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Don’t be surprised, there are still people who value this country more than anything.  After the video came to light Ray Rice was cut and never played again.  

“Line was drawn at kneeling for a minute”.  And then you lamoo.   The time had really changed.  It seems that this country had not been good to you, Jet. 

Ok, you’ll be cheering for Herndon even though he drove 100mph drunk and hit a 75 year old. Same stuff. I love this country and am not even a Kap fan, I just focus on what happens on the field. In my opinion only a snowflake would quit watching because of what Kap did 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There is a problem with Policing today. To me the biggest issue is that people today are TERRIBLE at conflict. We used to fistfight at school, in the Arrmy, at bars etc. People weren't afraid to get physical with someone.  My father was a cop for 30 years and I watched the Police force go from big, strong dudes, many of whom served in the military and weren't afraid to fight, to today's breed of pampered college graduates who never threw a punch or got punched in their lives. They go right for the gun

The other problem is a camera phone issue (not what you think, I'm all for bodycams because 99 out of 100 times, they vindicate the Officer - but the public NEVER sees those interactions)...the problem is that people purposefully bait and antagonize the Police trying to get a "viral video". Like it or not, Policework is dangerous, dirty work, and you see the worst sh*t you could see, stuff the general public would be horrified at, They deal with a populace that has a large percent that is trained to hate them. And bottom line, when they put their plate carrier and gun belt on to go to shift, the thought process is, "I'm coming home tonight, no matter what". 

But the discussion will NEVER be serious unless BOTH sides take accountability for their actions, it cant be a one way street. And the Police (Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever) WILL treat a 19 year old black kid with dreads and saggy pants driving an unregistered car a certain way as long as that specific demographic is far and away the most prevalent, statistically and real-world, Violent Criminal in the City. 

And please, people, stop reaching for your waistbands or pockets when dealing with or running from the Police. And when a Cop is cuffing somebody, rapidly approaching them from a blind side to yell and scream at them is a great way to get arrested, tazed, or otherwise dealt with. 

And then there's the stupid sh*t. Cuffing a guy for eating a sandwich. Overreactions to small infractions. Letting people screaming insults at you get to you. Everything is being recorded,  and a lot of that stuff is BAIT. Stop taking it. Be the calm, quiet professional.  And if you can't apprehend someone without drawing a gun,  I dont want you on the street. Sorry, ladies. 

Well said 

• Upvote 1

Put me down as another hater.

nothing in this country is so bad that it justifies disrespect of our anthem and flag. No country is perfect, but there are ways you can help causes that you believe in without being a VILE POS.

plus he already looks like a jerky moron begging to return. If he had a shred of class and swag he'd be like “f the nfl i wont play for you anymore”

but he needs the money now

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why aren’t you guys complaining about Tyreek Hill not even getting a suspension for documented child abuse?  

Oh no he wore socks!