Fans missed the entire 1st quarter due to mobile ticket problems

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

They don't use QR codes anymore.  It's NFC which requires no QR or barcode.  The smartphone makes the handshake with the scanner, there is no code displayed.  If you've ever used Apple Pay at Starbucks, it's like that.

For those with older phones, a code is generated but it's dynamic, it changes every few minutes so that it cannot be emailed, texted, or counterfeited.

SAR I

Not everyone has an iPhone. some of us are good at technology and don't need one lol.

So the actual codes are scanned but they do change like you said.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Jesus, it's an NFL league-wide mandate.  Any NFL game, you're using a smartphone or you're not getting in.

This is how the NFL gets a cut of the Stubhub action and prevents scalping.  It has nothing to do with our ownership.  If you're mad, reach out to Godell.

SAR I

Everything in the NFL boils down to how much money can we make the billionaire owners.

The parking lots were the most packed I have seen since the new stadium opened.   There were cars slamming on their horns and tons of traffic.  I got in around 12:30 with hardly any line at all but the stadium was a ghost town for most of the first quarter.   

The Giants still don’t have mobile ticketing.   Their fans were clueless which was part of the issue.  

There are also lots of people with Androids who do not have Apple wallet.  Also when you go through the metal detector you have to take out your cell phone.  Then get your phone back, unlock your phone, open your Apple wallet, and then have them scan them.  The unlocking the phone takes up time. 

I am waiting to see how this all goes on a rainy day when people have some rain drops on their phone screen when it needs to be scanned.  

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, alcohol is the straw that stirs the NFL's drink, no question about it.

Hamilton makes fantastic watches, especially their homages of classic models from the 40's and 50's.  Omega Speedmaster Professional, the Moonwatch, is a great one to own, looks as good on a leather strap as it does on a bracelet.  Let me know how it goes.

SAR I

I love the hamiltons. Nice watches. 

but haven’t worn a watch in years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL season ticket holders and UD season ticket holders need to demand change you should have an option of paper tickets or electronic tickets. 

JETSTIX.jpg

PSL and non-PSL Season Ticket Holders haven't had paper tickets since Giants Stadium 2008.  So we don't actually miss them since this actually hasn't possibly maybe even been an issue since back in 2009.

In the 10 years since, we were very content to carry our plastic RFID (wireless scan technology) rewards cards.  Now we are content to just flash our NFC smartphones (wireless scan technology).

Nothing to print out, nothing to wear around our necks, just the phones already in our pockets.  That's actually a wonderful thing.

Hope this helps.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Electronic tixx are fine but it should be a screen-grabbable eticket so you're not dependent on the sketchy signals at the stadium. I screen grab every boarding pass, ticket, elsewhere and use that - more dependable, often more scannable.

What is the android process for the Jets/NFL etix now vs. Apple Wallet? Does it support Samsung Pay like other tix/cards? Probably going to the Dolphins game via StubHub and I have a Samsung Note 10+ but can switch to an iPhone XS for the day if I have to.

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

How did you get the 2019 box with the new logo if you don't do paper tickets. @SAR I

Everybody got that.  And parking passes were in there along with the usual promo stuff.  Cheap fluff.  Not worth the price of shipping.  They would love to go mobile with parking passes too.  But theyd have to do significant changes to entry points with ticket agents on their feet scanning in the car lanes.  Too dangerous.  Especially if drivers were drinking before they got to the stadium.  

14 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The parking lots were the most packed I have seen since the new stadium opened.   There were cars slamming on their horns and tons of traffic.  I got in around 12:30 with hardly any line at all but the stadium was a ghost town for most of the first quarter.   

The Giants still don’t have mobile ticketing.   Their fans were clueless which was part of the issue.  

There are also lots of people with Androids who do not have Apple wallet.  Also when you go through the metal detector you have to take out your cell phone.  Then get your phone back, unlock your phone, open your Apple wallet, and then have them scan them.  The unlocking the phone takes up time. 

I am waiting to see how this all goes on a rainy day when people have some rain drops on their phone screen when it needs to be scanned.  

This is great post, really good points. I can't do the NFC thing, they have to scan me. That's exactly what happened. Phone in the bin, get it back, unlock and hope the app is still there. I learned to leave the barcodes showing before I get online and that has been working.

Funny though that all these Giants fans now had to install the Jets app lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, isired said:

Electronic tixx are fine but it should be a screen-grabbable eticket so you're not dependent on the sketchy signals at the stadium. I screen grab every boarding pass, ticket, elsewhere and use that - more dependable, often more scannable.

What is the android process for the Jets/NFL etix now vs. Apple Wallet? Does it support Samsung Pay like other tix/cards? Probably going to the Dolphins game via StubHub and I have a Samsung Note 10+ but can switch to an iPhone XS for the day if I have to.

No the Google Pay thing doesn't work yet as far as I know.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

JETSTIX.jpg

PSL and non-PSL Season Ticket Holders haven't had paper tickets since Giants Stadium 2008.  So we don't actually miss them since this actually hasn't possibly maybe even been an issue since back in 2009.

In the 10 years since, we were very content to carry our plastic RFID (wireless scan technology) rewards cards.  Now we are content to just flash our NFC smartphones (wireless scan technology).

Nothing to print out, nothing to wear around our necks, just the phones already in our pockets.  That's actually a wonderful thing.

Hope this helps.

SAR I

You can keep saying it, but it isn't true. There are more Android phones than anything else and they don't support Google Pay.

No the Google Pay thing doesn't work yet as far as I know.
Samsung Pay supports card emulation, which I think is the tech behind nfc ticketing. I could be wrong though, not a tech guy. Dont know about Andrpid Pay. Samsung Pay has worked everywhere (even wherebtheybtell me 'that doesn't work here-- oh, it worked') since 2012, so I've never tried Android Pay.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

JETSTIX.jpg

Hope this helps.

SAR I

Those Mezz sect 23 seats in today's dollars were $34.74 (insert heavy sigh)

Not bad seats, covered on aisle, about 40yd line or so?

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Paper tickets are available if you complain enough you get them,i've been told. 

Heres an idea call the ticket office and tell them you want to buy season tickets but tell them you do not own a cell phone. 

Let's see what they say. 

People I tailgate with went that option to have paper tickets sent to them . They don't resemble the older paper tickets with the Jets logo , they just look like generic Ticketmaster tickets.

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

FYI, it's not a "mobile ticketing problem".

It's a "drunks tailgating until 12:58 problem".

This has been going on since 1984.  In Giants Stadium, the complaints used to be about not enough staff.  Then after 9/11 the complaints were about long security lines.  Now they whine about the evils of modern smartphone technology.  I get to the stadium at 11:15 and I'm at the gate by 11:20.  No lines.  Tell the idiots to stop bringing beer and a bbq grill to a windy parking lot.  This way there is nothing to piss, nothing to clean, and no lack of sobriety that causes otherwise prompt people to lose all track of time.

SAR I

I have two tickets on my phone. First one scanned no problem , took them like 8 tries for the 2nd to scan - its still a mobile ticketing issue, unless of course the person doing the scanning was tailgating and drunk.

As a former STH, problem is you cannot expect a phone app entry to change much if they insist on the degree of security screening post 9/11. There's no point. You can say people are silly not to have a phone app, but when they treat EVERYBODY like a visitor to Rikers Island, the app is not going to speed entry.It's the same dumb procedure, no real screening out people who are not threats, EVERYBODY gets a pat down. Personally suspect the bigger concern is as in the old days, somebody might get a few cans of beer in and not pay $14.50 for a warm bottle of Bud Light. There are not and have never been enough security people, and their training doesn't appear to do anything close to spotting genuine threats.  TSA now has all kinds of prescreening procedures and Real ID drivers licenses that have to some degree sped things up at the airport if marginally. The NFL by contrast wants to have it both ways-dumb slow screening coupled with a supposedly fast phone app. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

As a former STH, problem is you cannot expect a phone app entry to change much if they insist on the degree of security screening post 9/11. There's no point. You can say people are silly not to have a phone app, but when they treat EVERYBODY like a visitor to Rikers Island, the app is not going to speed entry.It's the same dumb procedure, no real screening out people who are not threats, EVERYBODY gets a pat down. Personally suspect the bigger concern is as in the old days, somebody might get a few cans of beer in and not pay $14.50 for a warm bottle of Bud Light. There are not and have never been enough security people, and their training doesn't appear to do anything close to spotting genuine threats.  TSA now has all kinds of prescreening procedures and Real ID drivers licenses that have to some degree sped things up at the airport if marginally. The NFL by contrast wants to have it both ways-dumb slow screening coupled with a supposedly fast phone app. 

This is strange.  I enter through the Verizon gate, put my phone/keys into the tray, walk through the scanner, and that's it, no pat-down or anything physical of that nature.

What gate are you entering?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is anyone surprised there are issues with anything pertaining to MetLife employees the parking lot attendants are clueless, ticket scanners, concessions and inside stadium security people with the exception of the NJ State Police. 

parking.jpg

Honestly, the biggest deal at MetLife Stadium is the fact that they let fans cross the road by the pedestrian overpass instead of forcing them to use the pedestrian overpass.

By letting them cross the road once the game ends, everyone in Lots C, D, E, and F are trapped at a standstill and are at the mercy of some faux parking security guard's inner clock.  It's awful.  And unsafe.

SAR I

On 11/12/2019 at 7:02 PM, Jet Life said:

Agree. Bring back paper tickets so the older crowd who don't know how to use smart phones can stop holding the rest of us up at the gates. I'll stick to the Apple Wallet though, quick and easy!

Wish there was a "moron" button to push instead of just a simple butt fumble

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hmmm, have quite a few friends who wear and collect real watches, Rolex, Panerai, Breitling p, IWC etc.  

Stupid expensive but they think there’s an art to collecting, trading, buying.  

then you and your friends are probably my generation.  Under 40?  No way.

This is strange.  I enter through the Verizon gate, put my phone/keys into the tray, walk through the scanner, and that's it, no pat-down or anything physical of that nature.
SAR I
I think most don't want to enter the stadium 90 minutes before kickoff. It ain't that great inside. I'd rather toss a football around outside.

Back when I tailgated every week with a bunch of friends from HS, we started clean up at 1220, headed in at 1240 and were in our seats before kickoff. That was pre- and post- 9/11, though we did head in earlier in the immediate aftermath.

And also learned that the trick was to head straight through the middle, the shorter-looking line at the left and right sides of the entry lines was a mirage.
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

parking.jpg

Honestly, the biggest deal at MetLife Stadium is the fact that they let fans cross the road by the pedestrian overpass instead of forcing them to use the pedestrian overpass.

By letting them cross the road once the game ends, everyone in Lots C, D, E, and F are trapped at a standstill and are at the mercy of some faux parking security guard's inner clock.  It's awful.  And unsafe.

SAR I

Would you like some cheese with that whine ?

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

then you and your friends are probably my generation.  Under 40?  No way.

Youre right, 100% right.

Over 40 for sure.

Pretty much a given when youre talking watches that are $20,000 plus.  

Those I know are all over 40 and in a lucky position in life

On 11/13/2019 at 4:15 PM, SAR I said:

What part of "before you leave the house, download the tickets from the Jets app into your smartphone's Wallet app" didn't you understand?  Should they send you emails in braille?

SAR I

You didn't have to worry about this because you sold your tickets on stubhub to Giant fans

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Last I went  some guy named Joewilly12 was working the gate and gave me a full body cavity search. Very weird but atleast his hands were warm 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2