Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiots with the plane and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

wow... do you really believe this????

49 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by this. Gase looks like a lousy HC. It's also obvious he was dealt a crap hand this year with the injuries on what was already a very weak roster. 

Firing Gase under those circumstances would have but one potentially legitimate reason: CJ and Douglas are competent and already have a competent replacement picked behind the scenes (any charade interview stuff notwithstanding). It isn't going to garner a lot of interest from any good candidates for the Jets begin a coaching search in early January, after canning a HC - yes, even Gase - after 1 season under these circumstances.

Something (worse than another horrible record and another top 3 draft pick) would have to surface for Johnson to fire Gase after just this one season, and if something so outrageous surfaces then CJ can still dump him.

In the meantime we've got rumors of and a GoFundMe for another jackass flying a "FIRE ____" airplane banner because some people again think it will influence the owner's decision. This was not an inappropriate thing for Johnson to do and say at this time. I say this despite disliking both Chris Johnson and Adam Gase, and no matter how much I'd like both replaced. 

Your 2nd paragraph is exactly how JD got here and mac was fired.  now you think that JD and CJ are going to pull that on gase? cmon man...

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What's shocking is that you don't.

I'm a two-time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board and expect to be invited again this year.  You may want to listen to what I have to say.

SAR I

So you really believe that if the team continues to trend the way it has all season and finished 3-13 they would have fired gase?  But the planes saved him????  oh lort… He was going to be here next year anyway and I am okay with that.  our roster is complete dog shyte outside of a couple of positions, we weren't going to turn things around this year and that was evident by Macs firing.  Not having a roster and not having a coach are 2 separate items although they must be aligned.  

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

I wish our CB could backpedal as well as you lol you saying that I am backpedaling is the highest of high comedy.  I wasn't the one who proclaimed that we were going from picking 3rd last draft to the playoffs this year only to come up with a laundry list of items keeping your guarantee from becoming a fact.  I wish you were right but it was a pipe dream. terrible roster from mac with a new HC.  At least we dumped mac, hopefully we didn't screw darnold up long term.

but you go ahead and keep on thinking it was the airplane that is keeping gase here, have fun with that :)

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Personally, I’m curious to see what Adam Gase can do in year two with a revamped OL (including an ace OLT from round one), a couple of new CBs that want to play, and the return of a healthy Mosley and Bell. Gase is 2-1 in games where he had his QB1 and starting OLT on the field at the same time, and they would have been 3-0 if Gregg Williams’ overrated defense opted to tackle Josh Allen one time in the last ten minutes of the Bills game. 

I hope you are being serious and not sarcastic with this post :) I too am excited and btw, they jets d looked lost without Mosely after he left the bills game. almost like GW was running the defense through Mosely and once he went down we didn't have a plan b 1 game into a new season with a new defense.  GW has done a great job with what he was given imo, our defense spent a ton of time on the field when darnold went down and they held up their end of the bargain.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bowles and Maccagnan were only here because Jets fans ran Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer out of town on a rail.  History shows that was an idiotic decision.  We should have tried harder to give them what they needed to build a real offense.  But, no, we listened to geniuses like you and it's been 10 years of crappy QB play as a result.

When you throw a kid that's 4-2 in the playoffs out in the trash and bust on Geno Smith, you make ridiculous emotional decisions.  Again, if you didn't run Mark and Brian out of town things may have turned out differently.

Idzik was the only guy who would take the job because you idiot fans lobbied to keep Rex Ryan from the guillotine and Idzik destroyed our roster just like Maccagnan would. 

Your dominoes fell the way they did because your decisions have been crap since 2011 and the Jets listen to the likes of Beningo and others who preach those stupid choices like you.

I pray that after this past week of insanity that the Johnson's learn from this-  STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA, THE FANS, AND THEIR MOUTHPIECES.  I believe we just turned a corner and now they NEVER will again.

SAR I

Did you see mark sanchez play after he left the jets?  pick any of the teams he played on after he left?  I remember seeing him play on thanksgiving one year, I don't even remember what team he was stinking it up for at the time.  I said, not my problem anymore.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Remove from the equation unique PR-disaster things, for which there's neither evidence nor rumor, like the public finding out about criminal or bigoted behavior on Gase's part, or a locker room revolt because every player to a man despises him like a sworn enemy.

Absent something that unforeseen, there's literally only one path to firing a coach after 1 year under these circumstances, and that's if they have someone else (someone else who's competent & well-regarded) that they've already hand-picked. There's also no way that is the case, for obvious reasons (starting with Johnson being competent, which I listed as one of the prerequisites).

Try reading, and realizing you agree with me, before getting pointlessly snarky. You read all that and think my belief is there was ever a chance they were firing Gase? The whole thing is about why they're not firing him. If you require a list:

• They're not firing him because he had a crappy roster even if healthy. 
  • They're not firing him because he had an injured roster on top of it's initial crappiness. 
  • They're not firing him because the roster will certainly be no better in January, making it an unattractive spot even without the acting owner firing his last handpicked HC after just one season.
  • They're not firing him because he has 3 more guaranteed years left on his contract.
  • They're not firing him because Douglas is here because of Gase, and if this is how Douglas treats his established friends/allies, why would anyone else with no such incoming loyalties come here?
  • They're not firing him because it's only been 1 season, with everything listed above. 

Big duh. While I can sympathize with the complaints about announcing his return next year, most of those same people likely already realize how unrealistic firing him would be. 

No.... I don't need a list.  I am aware of all the reasons why gase will be here next year.  those are legitimate reasons. 

you called it a legitimate reason of how gase could possibly be fired before next season.  Reason I was surprised hearing that coming from you. now you are throwing he has to be found, one of the following; be bigot, molested children, or caught doing blow off a stippers azz in addition to CJ and JD having a legitimate replacement for gase not being here next season.

So, you can try reading(me being snarky again) and know that I never thought they would fire gase with the roster he inherited after one season.  When Mac didn't improve it to his liking, he got with CJ and had JD lined up.  this is what you originally proposed happening to gase minus all the self destructive ways gase could get himself fired without even having a legitimate HC lined up before hand.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was no reason whatsoever to announce he was coming back next year with 7 games left to go.  Absolutely none.

Image result for the plane the plane fantasy island

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

That's tattoo, the poster formerly known as Sar

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company