Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

basically he said he could care less how the  rest of the season plays  out-nothing like not holding anybody accountable for anything. I guess when you are not a self made person you tolerate incompetence. Hey Jets ownership how about refunding money for this another wasted season? Keep charging $12 bucks for a beer to instead of doing what Atlanta does. If anybody wants one of my sets of pls for pennies on the dollar give me a shout(serious offer )

He couldn’t even wait to re-evaluate at the end of the freaking season!  Absolutely ZERO accountabliy in this organization   

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Lets be clear the jets just dont want to pay another coach and admit they F'd up yet again. They will just ask for your patience for another year while taking all of your money-as a fan you have two choices give them your money or not give them your money-after 40+ years they wont get another dollar from me.

Nor do they deserve it.  Even if Gase works out, why would they say this now with 7 games left?  

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

While I agree with the decision to bring him back for a year, I also agree that CJ shouldn't be making these decisions. Idk if I'd even let CJ stock the vending machines let alone team decisions lol

Couldn’t agree more with Connor Rogers tweet.  CJ made the announcement.  Clearly it’s his decision rather than Joe D

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

But to @Matt39 point, we have no idea of the real power-structure. We can assume Douglas has the final say and that Johnson is a boob, but it's all conjecture. Not that there needs to be total transparency, but it would be nice to know that there is at least some sort of hierarchy when it comes to football decisions. And one that doesn't involve the Johnsons or whatever the president / VP of football operations is. 

Hire a guy to direct the organization then give him power.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Now just leave the franchise in his hands.  CJ is a meddling buffoon. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Once again CJ embarrasses the franchise. There was literally zero reasons to take the pressure off of Gase.  What if we go 2-14 and stink it up?  Is he going to change direction and fire him then?!?!   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

event_image-1.jpg

SAR I

(I only wish the airplane idiots would have flown for Mark Sanchez in 2012)

Why are you so excited?  Even you said you have no idea if he’s good (and that he could be another Kotite). What happened to “evaluate at the end of the season”?  There was no reason for CJ to say this now. Once again this organization has ZERO accountability.  And it will look even more clownish if the season goes up in smoke and CJ does a 180 at season’s end and does end up firing Gase. 

CJ waited until after the draft and free agency to fire Macc.  Now he guarantees Gase with 7 games left in a train wreck of a season and you’re celebrating the move?!

Darnold is still on his first contract (in other words affordable).  CJ is committing to a HC who now has no accountability the next 7 games.  If Gase doesn’t improve then we’re going to waste Darnold’s 3rd year.  This is a moronic move and everyone on this forum should be upset.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Somewhere way back in the deep and dark recesses of my brain, I want the Jets to lose the rest of their games in embarrassing fashion just so this trust fund baby dimwit has to eat his words and fire Gase after the season.   

Wow! That was cathartic!   

Just to be clear - I actually want the Jets to win out the rest of the way.  Just sayin'. Carry on.

In the long run it might be the best thing for the franchise in embarrassing fashion the rest of the way just to teach our idiot owner a lesson for the future.  

The message that the timing of CJ’s announcement (saying this with 7 games left) sent today was “we are an organization of excuses rather than accountability”.  

• Upvote 1

The comparisons of Gase to Belichick are laughable btw.  Belichick won 2 SBs as DC for the Giants (with a legendary defense).  He did a great job with the Jets as DC under Parcells.  He was held in very high regard by one of the greatest HC’s of all time in Parcells   

What are Gase’s achievements?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s injuries. The witch-hunt was disgusting. Four games with his starting QB and you’re calling for his head. 

A new low for SOJF. That’s hard to do.  

SAR I

I didn’t call for his head.  I said “give him the season and evaluate then”.  That is the correct way to enforce accountability.  There was no reason whatsoever for CJ to force his own hand like this.  What if the rest of the season is as big of a disaster as the first 9 games?  

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

It’s to be expected

Ultimately the Jets will end up finishing 5-11 after the starting QB had mono, key pieces like Mosley and Williamson missed essentially the entire season, the OL was a mess, they were starting practice squad guys at CB, etc.

I’m not too hot on Gase anymore but the guy was clearly dealt a pretty sh*t hand this year.

He was never getting fired barring a completely disastrous 1-15 type of season.

If the Jets upgrade the OL and get everyone back healthy next year and he’s still not producing results, then his ass will be blistering in no time.

Fair enough but why say this with 7 games left?!?!

Just now, SAR I said:

He can still fire him whenever he wants.  It’s a public vote of confidence so Gase and the team aren’t distracted by it for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s writing it into his contract.

SAR I

How is it a “vote of confidence” when he flat out said he’s bringing him back next year?  Now he’ll look like an even bigger buffoon if he does a 180.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I agree that the timing is a bit odd.

My only guess is that he doesn’t want Gase floundering in the wind the rest of the season. This way he can set his mind to coaching and not have to worry about being out of a job in the next 7 weeks.

That’s all I got 

NFL = “not for long”.  Every coach works under these conditions.

And are we really worried that Gase is so unprofessional that he’ll be looking around for his next job rather than on trying to impress people by doing as good a job as he can at his current one?  

If so, that would be reason enough to fire him right now! 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He can still fire him whenever he wants.  It’s a public vote of confidence so Gase and the team aren’t distracted by it for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s writing it into his contract.

A good owner addresses the fans and puts out fires if he can.  He just did both.

SAR I

He addressed the fans?  With what?  A middle finger?

He put out fires?!  By saying “we accept excuses and don’t require accountability”?

• Upvote 2

Another way we know CJ made the decision (rather than Joe D) on Gase is that there was an article today that CJ wouldn’t commit to Jamal Adams long term.  He said (rightfully!) that it was Joe D’s call on players.  He said something like he would have a “light touch” on those types of decisions.   But he didn’t say anything similar to that regarding Gase.  

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

How do you know what's going on behind the scenes in Florham Park? This is team effort, is it Gase fault that GWs defense gave up a 16 point lead? Or that Sam got Mono, or CJ has played 1 half? Or that the entire Oline is a complete sh*tshow & spooked his young 22 year old QB? Some of these players just might be smart enough to understand the bad luck happening here, or that KO was a fake stealing money, or Trumaine wasn't even trying. 

This place is CRAZY, I just do not understand what everyone is expecting? 

Its not like things have been a little tough. 

We don't have 1 above average starting Olineman. 

Right now we don't have an inside linebacker.

We don't have any CBs that have experience.

We don't have 1 pass rusher opposing teams plan for. 

Our 22 year old QB is still raw & was weakened with Mono. 

We don't have 1 starting WR that can win a one on one jump ball. 

We have below average backup RBs. 

We haven't had our TE the entire year & the 1st game back he's on IR.

Oh, but don't give me excuses, lmao. 

If you were not a Jet fan & were not invested in this team, but were aware of bad juju that has befallen this team, you would be hoping that your team played them because your chances of winning are pretty damn good. We began with a terrible roster & it got worse & thinner every week.

Oh, but you guys would know what to do & put in those super wacky triple reverses to break up the monotony of the off tackle run that gets stuffed on 3rd & a foot for a 3 yard loss. Everyone is an offensive genius & would whip this line into shape, only call plays that work & stop Sam from throwing the ball directly to the opposition even though guys were open on the play call. 

There is a lot that goes into film study during the week. I have a feeling everyone on this offense is seeing missed opportunities, missed blocks, wrong routes, and presnap penalties. They might like Gase & feel like they are letting him down. 

There was no reason whatsoever to announce he was coming back next year with 7 games left to go.  Absolutely none.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by this. Gase looks like a lousy HC. It's also obvious he was dealt a crap hand this year with the injuries on what was already a very weak roster. 

Firing Gase under those circumstances would have but one potentially legitimate reason: CJ and Douglas are competent and already have a competent replacement picked behind the scenes (any charade interview stuff notwithstanding). It sure isn't going to garner a lot of interest from any good candidates for the Jets begin a coaching search in early January, after canning a HC - yes, even Gase - after 1 season under these circumstances.

Something (worse than another horrible record and another top 3 draft pick) would have to surface for Johnson to fire Gase after just this one season, and if something so outrageous surfaces then CJ can still dump him.

In the meantime we've got rumors of and a GoFundMe for another jackass flying a "FIRE ____" airplane banner because some people again think it will influence the owner's decision. This was not an inappropriate thing for Johnson to do and say at this time. I say this despite disliking both Chris Johnson and Adam Gase, and no matter how much I'd like both replaced. 

I'm shocked at the timing of this.  I did expect he'd be back but why is CJ just assuming the rest of the year is going to go well?  We lost to Miami so how can ANY game be a given?!  On top of that, Gase is a nutjob.  Who knows what's going to happen the rest of the way.  I just don't see why they couldn't wait 7 more games to see how the team responds. 

You think it would be bad to fire a HC 1 year into a 4 year deal?  How about if things really go south the rest of the way (e.g. 2-14 record, players and fans revolt) and CJ does a 180 and does fire Gase.  How bad would THAT look to our next prospective coach if our owner did something like that?  So now basically Gase has no accountability for the rest of this season.  We're wasting Darnold's affordable years with this nonsense.  If Gase can't even compete with a shorthanded team, how is he going to win a Superbowl when Darnold is getting paid $40M (or whatever) per season?

As for the plane gang, let me ask you this.  Do you think the fans had influence in the firing of Idzik?  And do you think Mehta had influence in the Jets not hiring Marrone?  

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Image result for the plane the plane fantasy island

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

24 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

The problem is that CJ meddles.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Macc/Bowles should've both been fired the day last season ended.  Joe D should've been hired and then CJ should've given him total control.

Instead we have our HC reporting to our moron owner who was born on home plate and thinks he hit a homerun.  I know the saying is "born on 3B and thinks he hit a triple" but I think CJ had an even bigger silver spoon than that.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, funaz said:

Saw the news, was pretty excited about it. I love Gase and and I love CJ even more. I came here to see the irrational posters rage.

What exactly do you love about Gase?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

How is Baker Mayfield's handpicked choice for HC (Freddie Kitchens) working out so far?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with youGullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

Explain to me how unhappy Jet fans can be "the problem".

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

In your post above, you say "Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support".

In your post below, however, you say "He can still fire him whenever he wants.  It’s a public vote of confidence so Gase and the team aren’t distracted by it for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s writing it into his contract".  

You also wrote (above) that "you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want".  So the people who contributed to the plane directly influenced CJ to guarantee Gase gets another year (with 7 games left in this disaster of a season) and you've been defending him as a smart owner?!  LMAO! 

Out of curiosity, do you think Mehta influenced the Johnson family on Marrone?  If so, that is on the Johnson family, not on Mehta.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

Yes he brought in a highly respected football man in Joe D but he's not letting him make decisions.  CJ is the one deciding that Gase deserves another year (with 7 games left in this disastrous season).

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Comparing Mayfield to Darnold in the "behind the scenes" decision making department is not a good way to prove a point. 

While Sam says and does all the right things, Mayfield is busy filming 47 commercials. 

I'm a big fan of Darnold and I wasn't (and still am not) a fan of Mayfield.  My point is that SAR I thinks that just because a QB praises a HC that it means "keep the HC".  Of course Darnold is going to say positive things about his HC regardless of whether or not he believes them.  Even if Darnold does actually like Gase there was still no reason to guarantee Gase another year with 7 games left in this season.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

In JD we trust to build a winning roster. 

Image result for joe douglas new york jets gifs

While neither have proven themselves yet, Darnold and Joe D are the 2 shining beacons of this franchise (at least imo).  I just don't want to waste Darnold's affordable years with a potentially horrible HC and I don't want CJ making the decisions that he should be letting Joe D make.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

What's shocking is that you don't.

I'm a two-time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board and expect to be invited again this year.  You may want to listen to what I have to say.

SAR I

LMFAO!  What in the world goes on in those meetings?  

My guess is that you spend a fortune on the team so they throw you a bone and pretend that they're listening to what you have to say.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The best way to see a team regress to its old ways of playing stoned, getting drunk, crashing cars, getting arrested, having sex with teens, streaming penises, harassing media girls, doing PED's, selling out to Daily News reporters, and breaking teammates jaws, just say nothing as the media rips you and your head coach to shreds.

The only way to preserve the new culture the Jets are building was to nip this crappy story in the bud.  So he did.  Jason The Airplane Moron forced the hand of a billionaire who gave him and the weepy SOJF's the middle finger.  Well deserved.

Suggest you take your Christoper Johnson ass whipping or get your ass off to another team, another sport perhaps.  Jets fans only.  Thanks.

SAR I

The team has already regressed to its old ways by being 2-7.

Yes, definitely.  Jets ownership cares very much about its fanbase and they want to please them.

Not anymore.  This f-ed the SOJF Whiner Faction up for good.  You're lumped in with the likes of Manish and Beningo, two others on the Jets hate list.  Thank God.  What a great day.

SAR I

Is this the type of thing you discuss at the Jets fan advisory board meetings?

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I really hate gase and have hated him from the beginning but o respect Chris Johnson for not caving in on the fans emotions. Maybe he sees how many on the forum are flip flopping divas who change their opinions on each play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

AMEN

SAR I

I thought you said that CJ did cave in and guaranteed Gase another year BECAUSE of the fans?  It doesn't matter that he did the opposite of the banner said.  According to you he still let them influence his decision-making in a  big way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who cares?  Kitchens has a completely healthy team with a roster that's 2x better than the one handed to Adam Gase.

If Cleveland let's him go in Feburary I can see the logic.  Not the same thing with the Jets.  Not at all.

SAR I

You predicted 11-5 and a division title with our roster going into the season.  Now you're saying Cleveland's roster is 2x as good?

• Upvote 4

Who cares?  Kitchens has a completely healthy team with a roster that's 2x better than the one handed to Adam Gase.

If Cleveland let's him go in Feburary I can see the logic.  Not the same thing with the Jets.  Not at all.

SAR I

Freddie Kitchens has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Their fans 50 years of frustration are theirs to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  THEIRS.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply no NFL team should fire a coach after 1 season. Especially with this roster and these injuries. Not overjoyed with this season, in fact far fro it. May be Gase is the answer, but next season will tell us. 

Have to hope Douglas can get an OL together so this team is a playoff contender before Darnold's rookie deal is done. 

We're healthy enough to win with the guys we had yet we got beaten pretty badly by both Miami and Jacksonville.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Flying a plane humiliating a man and his family and forcing our owner to jump to a quick conclusion in a public demonstration of support is the very definition of fans being 'the problem'.

SAR I

Our owner wasn't forced to do anything.  Gase was under contract.

Also aren't you a big fan of Gase?  So why is CJ announcing Gase is coming back a problem in your eyes?  Now the decision was "a quick conclusion"?  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How the hell do you know that? 

Here's a clue:  What Joe Douglas said personally last week is almost word for word what Christopher Johnson said this week.

You spend too much time being trolled by Twitter, Manish, and Beningo.  Wise up already.  You lost the war.  Gase is here to stay.

SAR I

Because CJ (not Joe D) said Gase was returning.

Injuries are why we are 2-7.  Or did you have us as a Super Bowl team?  Are we 5 deep at every position?

SAR I

After reading your posts, yes, I did have us winning the Superbowl this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company