Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

I think Gase lives or dies by Sam.  It's all on that. If he makes it hrough the season.  Even if Gase is a mediocre coach you can still have a decent team as long a the there is talent there.  Problem is the way the roster is constructed.  That's a few years away. That's what makes Douglas more important in the long term scheme.  The fault on Johson's part is to have so an unshakeable faith in Gase.  I dont seen what he's done to warrant that.  BB was considered one of the best DC's ever when he took over the Pat's.  It was a classic case of he'd when given the shaft in Cleveland.  The fact that BB was on the Jets staff was that he was almost overqualified  Outside of getting some decent games out of Jay Cutler and being best buddies to a maybe the best prepared QB who ever lived... what has Gase done to warrant this kind of faith?  I get that CJ has that but if they were my chips... I'd bet on a better horse

• Upvote 2

Just like to point out two things... 

1.)  Johnson gave Gase the vote of confidence RIGHT BEFORE the Giants game... in the locker room.

2.)  He also emphasized how important it was to beat the Giants. (which is kind of like your manager telling you "either this gets done or you hit the bricks")  

I mean.  He may be an incompetent.  But I had no idea he was even capable of doing that.

• Upvote 1

Ralph Vacchiano probably has the best take on the whole situation on his Jets blog.  I think Joe Caporoso will have an ulcer by sometime tomorrow if his twitter is any indication.

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Joe is becoming a bit unbareable. 

Yeah.  What happened?  I actually caught a podcast quite a bit in the preseason.  Now it's seems like he's gone nuclear.  At least in his Internet stuff.

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This thread is gonna be gold at 8-8

You really think we have the talent to get there?  I mean, I think Id take the odds on the Skins and the Bengals games.  But Baltimore?  Even the Raiders... There are just so many injuries.  Williams is dialing up every blitz known to man and there are entire quarters where the entire offense still falls apart.  I like the back half of our schedule... but I get why Gase said he's been in his hole.  He's not trying to come up with magic plays.  He's trying to survive.  That's why I understand he didn't give two sh*ts about the vote of confidence.  He's got into maybe a worse situation than he was in Miami.  

22 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth

weve been punched in the mouth 

Yeah.  Repeatedly.  By Julian "The Hawk" Jackson.

Man.  I remember when the worst flack you took as a Jets fan (other than the constant reminders of losing) were the jokes about the color of the uniforms or our terrible drafts.  Now it's 24 hour bonkers.... It's like the entire league is holding us up to take another gut shot or kick in the balls.  Even the ginger snitch that eats the paste in the corner of the 1st grade class doesn't get this picked on.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company