Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

Somewhere way back in the deep and dark recesses of my brain, I want the Jets to lose the rest of their games in embarrassing fashion just so this trust fund baby dimwit has to eat his words and fire Gase after the season.   

Wow! That was cathartic!   

Just to be clear - I actually want the Jets to win out the rest of the way.  Just sayin'. Carry on. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

It's the right call... Not because I trust Gase explicitly, but because you can't just keep turning over the staff. Especially with a young QB. Consistency in that regard is important, in my opinion anyway. 

I just don't understand this line of thinking.  Yes, consistency is very important to every aspect of an NFL team, especially the QB, but NOT at the expense of stringing along a terrible HC for another year that has proven NOTHING in the NFL over the last 3-1/2 years.  It's not like he's a proven winner and has had any sustainable success in the league.  He has a losing record for goodness sakes!  He hasn't earned a mulligan, and the fact that the owner felt it necessary to announce this halfway into a disastrous season is mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

The timing of this announcement is asinine for the optics alone.  The ownership here is completely tone deaf to such things and has been since day one. As long as these clowns are in charge, this team will continue to spin its wheels in mediocrity.  

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company