Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

I guess Rich Kotite got two years. Why shouldn’t Adam Gase?

Early front runners for Trevor Lawrence lol?

The frustrating part of this for diehard fans like myself is that these decisions are being made by a guy everyone can agree is unqualified to make them (Christopher Johnson).

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Personally, I’m curious to see what Adam Gase can do in year two with a revamped OL (including an ace OLT from round one), a couple of new CBs that want to play, and the return of a healthy Mosley and Bell. Gase is 2-1 in games where he had his QB1 and starting OLT on the field at the same time, and they would have been 3-0 if Gregg Williams’ overrated defense opted to tackle Josh Allen one time in the last ten minutes of the Bills game. 

How did Adam Gase do in Miami? Three years into the program it got so bad that the team has to completely blow it up. 

Why should I expect anything different with the Jets? 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is leaning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

Yea because all the fans who wanted Todd Bowles and Mike McCagnan fired three years ago were dead wrong. 

How about the Christian Hackenberg pick that was universally despised by Jets fans?

What about John Idzik? How did his drafts turn out? 

The fans have been right far more often than Jets ownership.

In fact if JetNation.com drafted for the Jets the past 10 years I don’t we would have done any worse. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know how people are worried that "Gase has broken Sam" and "it will take years to undo the bad habits and damage"?  After 4 games?

Imagine what it was like to be Mark Sanchez in 2012 and seeing Tim Tebow courted, Peyton Manning contacted, Tony Sporano hired, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, and Santonio Holmes all gone and replaced with Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill.

Good lord, stop with the "Mark stunk after the Jets" narrative.  He was a head case with a busted throwing shoulder.  The Jets broke him emotionally too.  There was no coming back after all that.  Good job, SOJF's.

SAR I

Mike Westhoff went on the record and said coaches told Tannenbaum he was nuts to give Sanchez the contract he received in 2012.

Sanchez couldn’t read a defense at high enough level. It’s why he couldn’t stay in the league once his skills diminished. 

4 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I am sure Christopher talked to some of the players and did not get any major negative feedback.  So far I have not heard of any locker room problems.  Leo, Tru Johnson and  Kalil not playing so maybe younger players are giving everything they have to make this thing work.  Maybe players actually like Gase.

And next year when the Jets are 2-6 at the bye CJ will ask the players “Why does the team suck?” and they will blame the coaching. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

Bad teams stay bad.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company