Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

event_image-1.jpg

SAR I

(I only wish the airplane idiots would have flown for Mark Sanchez in 2012)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why are you so excited?  Even you said you have no idea if he’s good (and that he could be another Kotite). What happened to “evaluate at the end of the season”?  There was no reason for CJ to say this now. Once again this organization has ZERO accountability.  And it will look even more clownish if the season goes up in smoke and CJ does a 180 at season’s end and does end up firing Gase. 

CJ waited until after the draft and free agency to fire Macc.  Now he guarantees Gase with 7 games left in a train wreck of a season and you’re celebrating the move?!

It’s injuries. The witch-hunt was disgusting. Four games with his starting QB and you’re calling for his head. 

A new low for SOJF. That’s hard to do.  

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I didn’t call for his head.  I said “give him the season and evaluate then”.  That is the correct way to enforce accountability.  There was no reason whatsoever for CJ to force his own hand like this.  What if the rest of the season is as big of a disaster as the first 9 games?  

He can still fire him whenever he wants.  It’s a public vote of confidence so Gase and the team aren’t distracted by it for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s writing it into his contract.

A good owner addresses the fans and puts out fires if he can.  He just did both.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When will you be starting your inevitable "The Jets will Win the Division in 2020, and that's Ok" Thread?

Based on what I've seen so far, my original prediction was rock solid; if not for the injuries we'd be 5-4 right now with 5 of the last 7 in the 'easy' category.  Damn shame that Mosley, Enunwa, Herndon, 5 ILB's, 4 OL'men, and Darnold lost the entire/partial season like this.

We will undoubtedly have many roster changes so it's premature to make the call on 2020 at this time.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

i.e. you were wrong, but can woulda, coulda, shoulda like a champ till you were "right".

Got it, lets move on.

Hence why I asked when the inevitable thread would be started.

"Not yet" would have sufficed.

I think the Jets would have been a playoff contender if healthy, 8+ wins without a doubt.  I think Darnold would have shown growth and Gase, while not beloved, would have been thought a solid young coach worthy of another year, no different than Edwards, Mangini, or Bowles.

Like many, I wait until the end of Preseason Game 3 to make a prediction.  This year I was wrong, but I don't walk it back-  I felt really good in August.  Not sure how I'll feel next summer.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The plane had no bearing on anything. 

The Johnson brothers will not pay 3 HC's in the 2020 NFL season.

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiot with the plane (Jason Koeppel) and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

wow... do you really believe this????

What's shocking is that you don't.

I'm a two-time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board and expect to be invited again this year.  You may want to listen to what I have to say.

SAR I

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but the owner of that website nobody has ever heard of pocketed roughly $2k from gullible fans, so at least someone made out

Let me take this opportunity to give Fireman Ed a very firm pat on the back for not taking the Beningo/Manish/Koeppel SOJF bait and keeping his mouth shut.

It's rare he does the right thing.  I'm very pleased he made a smart choice this time.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

So you really believe that if the team continues to trend the way it has all season and finished 3-13 they would have fired gase?  But the planes saved him????  oh lort… He was going to be here next year anyway and I am okay with that.  our roster is complete dog shyte outside of a couple of positions, we weren't going to turn things around this year and that was evident by Macs firing.  Not having a roster and not having a coach are 2 separate items although they must be aligned.  

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Despite all the crying, it’s the only move the idiot owners can make. Getting rid of him after 1 year would be worse given the circumstances 

After one year?  You wish.  Idiot Jason Koeppel and his merry band of SOJF disciples wanted Gase gone after 4 games with his starting quarterback under center.  4 games.  2 of which were against playoff teams, 1 of which he actually won.

Last week was the dumbest SOJF moment in SOJF history.  And you want to brush it under the rug?  LOL.  Nice try. 

I'm very pleased at the gumption our owner is showing but colossally disappointed in the fanbase who let it come to this, who irresponsibly wielded their power as fans at precisely the wrong time.  Because they can't read an injury report and were misled by a hashtagger looking for social media fame, a radio hack on his last contract, and the most corrupt member of the Jets writers pool.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

The frustrating part of this for diehard fans like myself is that these decisions are being made by a guy everyone can agree is unqualified to make them (Christopher Johnson).

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

How could they watch the embarrassing performance on Monday night football, followed up by the inept failure against the Dolphins and think this is our guy?

Injuries.

The best team in the history of the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick hitting one of his patented hot streaks.

It's all quite plausible.  No conspiracy.  Take last year's 4-12 Jets, take away the two best receivers, decimate the OL and the LB's, and what are we?  2-14?  1-15?

Gase is making something out of nothing.  The team is sticking together.  The QB is progressing. 

Shut up and support the team.  We don't need SOJF's like you causing our ownership to make knee-jerk decisions to please you as you aren't real fans of the Jets.  You are fans of complaining about things.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

How did Adam Gase do in Miami? Three years into the program it got so bad that the team has to completely blow it up. 
Why should I expect anything different with the Jets? 

Was Gase the GM in Miami?  Did he pick the players?  Or was he the hero who turned a dismal 1-4 disaster into an amazing 10-6 playoff team?

Gase didn't like his owner and he didn't want to be a part of a team in a full-on rebuild without a franchise quarterback.  So he got out.  When the Jets called, with an owner that isn't an ego maniac, further along on its rebuild and with a franchise quarterback, he climbed aboard.

I'm quite pleased he chose the Jets.  He could have sat out the year and picked from any number of jobs.  Same for Joe Douglas, he didn't need to leave Philly when he did. 

How about we as fans repay those two guys the way that they have shown faith in us?  How about we don't poison the new culture before it even gets a chance to get off the ground?  How about we show the 'patience' that our best player requested of us?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I just hate it for Sam. I don't want him regressing more next year under Gase.

Sam looked better against the Cowboys and Giants than he did at any time last year, and last year he had a better OL and better receivers, had a decent running game and best-in-the-league special teams giving him great field position and making kicks.  Did you see some of those throws Sam made last week?  Incredible. 

Gase is doing a very good job if you'd just stop being influenced by the media and look around.  It's very hard to make lemonade with so many lemons.  He is looking like a good head coach and I'm excited he chose to be here. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Yea because all the fans who wanted Todd Bowles and Mike McCagnan fired three years ago were dead wrong. 

Bowles and Maccagnan were only here because Jets fans ran Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer out of town on a rail.  History shows that was an idiotic decision.  We should have tried harder to give them what they needed to build a real offense.  But, no, we listened to geniuses like you and it's been 10 years of crappy QB play as a result.

17 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

How about the Christian Hackenberg pick that was universally despised by Jets fans?

When you throw a kid that's 4-2 in the playoffs out in the trash and bust on Geno Smith, you make ridiculous emotional decisions.  Again, if you didn't run Mark and Brian out of town things may have turned out differently.

18 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

What about John Idzik? How did his drafts turn out? 

Idzik was the only guy who would take the job because you idiot fans lobbied to keep Rex Ryan from the guillotine and Idzik destroyed our roster just like Maccagnan would. 

Your dominoes fell the way they did because your decisions have been crap since 2011 and the Jets listen to the likes of Beningo and others who preach those stupid choices like you.

I pray that after this past week of insanity that the Johnson's learn from this-  STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA, THE FANS, AND THEIR MOUTHPIECES.  I believe we just turned a corner and now they NEVER will again.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh now I see the Johnson’s decision making process..

The Johnson's really care about the fans.  They really do.  And in the past, they valued the opinions of the masses and their media mouthpieces.

No more.  Today is a turning point.

Now the football men make the football decisions.  Gase is one of those football men.  F the fans and their pathetic SOJ narratives.  Go to the games or don't.  Whine or don't.  The Jets are worth $3B with or without you.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Did you see mark sanchez play after he left the jets?  pick any of the teams he played on after he left?  I remember seeing him play on thanksgiving one year, I don't even remember what team he was stinking it up for at the time.  I said, not my problem anymore.

You know how people are worried that "Gase has broken Sam" and "it will take years to undo the bad habits and damage"?  After 4 games?

Imagine what it was like to be Mark Sanchez in 2012 and seeing Tim Tebow courted, Peyton Manning contacted, Tony Sporano hired, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, and Santonio Holmes all gone and replaced with Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill.

Good lord, stop with the "Mark stunk after the Jets" narrative.  He was a head case with a busted throwing shoulder.  The Jets broke him emotionally too.  There was no coming back after all that.  Good job, SOJF's.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Now that frick and frack Johnson have made this announcement, it seems to me that a total, organized fan boycott is in order ... I mean TOTAL!  No season tickets, no going to games, no buying merchandise, and engaging in picket line type protests. It won't look good for tweedle dee and tweedle dum on tv if Met Life is virtully empty and/or is filled with fans of the opposing team. I don't know if any of this is possible in reality, and I know that any loss of money is meaningless to Goofus and Galant, but if we don't do something meaningful to take a stand (instead of chartering a plane), then we're just as culpable as dillwad and dillhole by helping to perpetuate the fraud that is this football "team."

Write me a check for $2,750, the value of my 4 seats plus parking for the remaining games, Airplane Boy.  Put your boycott where your mouth is.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sanchez sucked, and even I still would have brought him in - even out of shape - once the team realized Darnold was going to be out for 2-4 weeks.

He is and always was an idiot, whose physical skills have since diminished, but holy hell I'm sure he can still throw a football. Plus if we're going put a sideshow out there it may as well be entertaining with some nostalgia. Maybe he could give the crowd a penisfumble. 

2015 (the last time Sanchez threw a touchdown) wasn't so long ago, was it? 

Rumor has it that the NFL is staging a mandatory workout and interview session for Mark Sanchez next Saturday.

SAR I

1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Please add Adam Gase to your "Hall of Shame" logo. 

I might.  But 4 NFL games with a legitimate NFL quarterback is way too soon to tell.

SAR I

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

We said the same thing about Pete Carroll in 1994.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was no reason whatsoever to announce he was coming back next year with 7 games left to go.  Absolutely none.

The best way to see a team regress to its old ways of playing stoned, getting drunk, crashing cars, getting arrested, having sex with teens, streaming penises, harassing media girls, doing PED's, selling out to Daily News reporters, and breaking teammates jaws, just say nothing as the media rips you and your head coach to shreds.

The only way to preserve the new culture the Jets are building was to nip this crappy story in the bud.  So he did.  Jason The Airplane Moron forced the hand of a billionaire who gave him and the weepy SOJF's the middle finger.  Well deserved.

Suggest you take your Christoper Johnson ass whipping or get your ass off to another team, another sport perhaps.  Jets fans only.  Thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

As for the plane gang, let me ask you this.  Do you think the fans had influence in the firing of Idzik?  And do you think Mehta had influence in the Jets not hiring Marrone?  

Yes, definitely.  Jets ownership cares very much about its fanbase and they want to please them.

Not anymore.  This f-ed the SOJF Whiner Faction up for good.  You're lumped in with the likes of Manish and Beningo, two others on the Jets hate list.  Thank God.  What a great day.

SAR I

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

usatsi_11997874.jpg

To save the improving Jets culture he announced that he wasn't caving to the whims of 149 Jets fans who spent lunch money on a stupid protest.  Damn straight.  You rock, CJ.

You think that plane stunt was harmless, that's your problem.  You don't get it.  That crossed a huge line. Adam Gase has a wife and kids trying to adjust to a new home in a new community.  No player in the Jets locker room was motivated by that stunt.  They imagine what it would be like if it were them who were targeted so unjustly.  And our owner is livid.  So too are millions of Jets fans.  You get no sympathy.  You get backlash.

Backfire.  Biggest one in SOJF history.  Humiliating to Jets fans league-wide.  And you were a big part of it.  Congrats.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

The problem is that CJ meddles.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Macc/Bowles should've both been fired the day last season ended.  Joe D should've been hired and then CJ should've given him total control.

Instead we have our HC reporting to our moron owner who was born on home plate and thinks he hit a homerun.  I know the saying is "born on 3B and thinks he hit a triple" but I think CJ had an even bigger silver spoon than that.  

The problem is that the FANS meddle.  Not the owner, not the coaches, not the players, not the media.

The SOJ FANS.

Thank God Mr. Johnson nipped this in the bud.  Years down the road when we will need to recruit a top HC or DC or OC the actions of our owner today will have saved the day.  No one would want to stake their NFL future to an owner who would let his 4-week head coach hang out to dry like that.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting on this topic anymore.  If I were you I'd disappear for a week and hope some of us forget you were a part of it.

SAR I

Gee I'm surprised all the SOJFs aren't a little more patient and understanding with all the success the organization has had over the last 50 years. What do you know anyway? You were the one who was preaching that this team could actually make the playoffs this year. LMAO. I think it actually may be time for you to STFU. 

Adam Gase has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Your 50 years of frustration are yours to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  YOU.

Be patient like our best player requested.  Or get the F out and onto the bandwagon of another team.  There are tons of fellow New Yorkers who root for the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, or Giants.  Have at it.  Or stay on the Jets train quietly.

SAR I

Yes, the dysfunction starts at the top and seems like it will never end. 

No, the dysfunction starts at the bottom, with the lowest-common-denominator fans who think they're entitled to a championship with this roster at this time.

Leave.  Just go.  It's going to be unbearable for you and us as we take this ride for the next few years.  Spare yourself and us the drama.  Go.  49ers.  They look like they have a bright, immediate future.  Go.

SAR I

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I really hate gase and have hated him from the beginning but o respect Chris Johnson for not caving in on the fans emotions. Maybe he sees how many on the forum are flip flopping divas who change their opinions on each play.

AMEN

SAR I

How is Baker Mayfield's handpicked choice for HC (Freddie Kitchens) working out so far?

Who cares?  Kitchens has a completely healthy team with a roster that's 2x better than the one handed to Adam Gase.

If Cleveland let's him go in Feburary I can see the logic.  Not the same thing with the Jets.  Not at all.

SAR I

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Explain to me how unhappy Jet fans can be "the problem".

Flying a plane humiliating a man and his family and forcing our owner to jump to a quick conclusion in a public demonstration of support is the very definition of fans being 'the problem'.

SAR I

Yes he brought in a highly respected football man in Joe D but he's not letting him make decisions.  CJ is the one deciding that Gase deserves another year (with 7 games left in this disastrous season).

How the hell do you know that? 

Here's a clue:  What Joe Douglas said personally last week is almost word for word what Christopher Johnson said this week.

You spend too much time being trolled by Twitter, Manish, and Beningo.  Wise up already.  You lost the war.  Gase is here to stay.

SAR I

The team has already regressed to its old ways by being 2-7.

Injuries are why we are 2-7.  Or did you have us as a Super Bowl team?  Are we 5 deep at every position?

SAR I

Who do you think you are to tell Jet fans that?  You act like you're a 2 time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board.  That's basically like a direct assistant to CJ, Joe D, and Adam Gase.

Begone.

You exist to root against the team you supposedly support.  You enjoy misery.  Good luck.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

I thought you said that CJ did cave in and guaranteed Gase another year BECAUSE of the fans?  It doesn't matter that he did the opposite of the banner said.  According to you he still let them influence his decision-making in a  big way.

Mr. Johnson wasn't influenced by the plane.  If he were, he would have fired Adam Gase like the banner demanded.

Mr. Johnson was pissed off by the plane and the attempted gang-rape of his head coach.  So he stood up, told his team he believed in Adam, then informed the media of his decision.

[Is this really all you have?  Are you really the poster trying to set traps in the hope of some "ah ha gotcha" moment?  Is this third grade?]

SAR I

You predicted 11-5 and a division title with our roster going into the season.  Now you're saying Cleveland's roster is 2x as good?

Yes.  That is an accurate summary.  I felt the Jets were better than people thought, Sam was going to take big steps forward, and we would go from the 8-8 team most predicted and get a few extra wins.  Sadly, the injuries were too much to overcome.

Cleveland has a lot of talent but they're all a bunch of babies looking for drama and likes.  I accurately predicted their dreadful start.

[Again, is this what you are?  The poster looking for logic traps and "ah ha" gotcha moments?  If so, waste someone else's time.  I outgrew this in third grade.]

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company