Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

This organization kept Todd Bowles for 4 seasons he was one of the worst HC's in history of this organization. 

Adam Gase needs a re-do 2020 season before we can judge him. 

Decisions I don't agree with his 4 game debacle with Luke Falk as the QB who sucked (notice no other NFL team claimed him) his play calling at times and his ability to adjust during games. 

Give him another season team has been decimated with injuries and roster was terrible thanks to MM. 

Adam Gase will remain Jets coach for 2020 season

November 13, 2019 | 12:57pm | Updated 

Jets CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson met with reporters on Wednesday and said Gase will return as the team’s coach in 2020 despite the team’s struggles this season.

“I want to assure you there will be no changes in coaches here,” Johnson said during a brief chat with reporters at practice. “Adam has the trust of this team. He has the trust of Sam [Darnold]. He has Joe [Douglas’] trust. He has my trust. He’s a good man. He’s a good coach.”

The Jets are 2-7 and are ranked 32nd in total offense in the NFL in Gase’s first season with the team. That has led frustrated fans to call for Gase to be fired. But Johnson is not going to give those fans what they want.

“It’s the trust that I see,” Johnson said of why he believes in Gase. “Seeing him work with Sam, just as a small portion of this question, gives me a lot of confidence. Seeing him work with Joe, it’s a whole new dynamic in this building. It’s a really positive dynamic. They have the same vision for this team going forward. There are a number of reasons but those are two really big ones I felt confident about Adam as our coach going forward.”

Johnson acknowledged there is frustration throughout the organization.

“We are not where we thought we would be,” Johnson said. “It’s exceedingly frustrating. But I’m here watching this team grind away every day, the coaches grind away every day and the thing that is so encouraging is there has never been a moment of finger pointing. There has never been a moment where someone has cast blame on someone else. I think that speaks very highly of the character of this team and the effort of the coaches.”

Johnson also said Douglas, who was hired as GM in June, and Gase have a long road ahead of them to turn the team around.

“I brought in Joe earlier this year, and he hasn’t been here very long, to help build the team with Adam,” Johnson said. “There’s a lot of work to do. There’s a great deal of work to do. Everyone understands that and we’re just getting started. But I feel really good about this team moving forward.”

Just now, SOJ said:

The problem Joe is that Joe Miami Teams has a lot of injuries too.  Also, IMHO CJ statement about AG being a "good" coach just shows how clueless he is...   It is what it is, as you say he got another season to prove his worth.  Frankly, I have no faith in his ability to coach but I hope he proves me wrong...  

Adam Gase needs to make a few changes to his staff OC/Asst HC Dowell Loggains and OL coach Frank Pollack need to go. 

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

The stupid plane stunt actually forced the Jets to make some type of statement now, in support of their employee.

So what really happened here is when the "committee" tried to force the team yo a decision of non-support, they actually forced one of support.

Great job, guys.

The plane had no bearing on anything. 

The Johnson brothers will not pay 3 HC's in the 2020 NFL season.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiot with the plane (Jason Koeppel) and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

Im not a SOJF dude for the record in case you haven't noticed beyond the end of your nose. 

I only updated the $$$$$$ totals. 

joewilly12 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company