Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

46 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. It’s the fans fault for demanding accountability for the team to not sh*t the bed year in and year out. Get outta here with this trifling BS. 

"Year in and year out".

See, if the plane demanded "SELL THE TEAM JOHNSON!" I would understand where you are coming from.  That's not what the plane said.  The plane went after a newb coach who joined a rotting 4-12 team and had coached a measly 4 games with his first string quarterback. 

The fans went after the wrong guy.  As a result, they embarrassed the fans, angered the organization, and forced the owner to rush to a conclusion to stop a narrative from festering and distracting the locker room.  SOJF's are idiots.  Manish, Beningo, and the likes of you deserve each other.  When the Jets finally get it right and win something, you aren't allowed back in.  I have a list.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our owner wasn't forced to do anything.  Gase was under contract.

Also aren't you a big fan of Gase?  So why is CJ announcing Gase is coming back a problem in your eyes?  Now the decision was "a quick conclusion"?  

I'm not a big fan of Gase.  I liked the fact that, finally, we a) hired a coach with prior experience and b) from the offensive side of the ball.  That's it. 

What I am not a fan of is injustice and hypocrisy.  And that's what this airplane witch hunt was all about.  "We are angry over 50 years of losing!"  So you went after a head coach who inherited a 4-12 team that lost half its impact players in the first week of the season.  After 4 weeks.  Where he played 2 playoff teams.  And actually beat one of them.

What a joke.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because CJ (not Joe D) said Gase was returning.

Mr. Johnson also needed to answer critics who unfairly said he was the invisible man.  These same people criticize an owner who is too involved.  Then they say he needs to be accountable.  Then they say he needs to relinquish control to football men.

There is no winning.  So Mr. Johnson decided to be the one to announce the Gase decision so that morons like Manish and Beningo couldn't call him a coward who set up Joe Douglas to take the fall when the 149 fans and a crop duster pilot were upset that the election didn't go their way   

SAR I

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're quite right.

Again, well said.  

Thanks SAR, for enlightening me.

In the end, we all choose which teams to be fans of.

It is ludicrous to be a fan of an NFL team if all you can do is find entertainment in snarky comments and misery and can't support the team with patience and loyalty when they ask you to.

SAR I

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for give peace a chance gifs

When the Jason The Airplane Loser and his savants publicly apologize to the fans for embarrassing us like this, perhaps a peace treaty can be worked out.

Until then, the list stands.  They are not allowed to share in the joy of success when it happens.  They must maintain their selfish, unwelcome, negative, self-deprecating, victim demeanor at the parade down the Canyon Of Heroes.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Are you serious or just drunk? Nobody is expecting a championship with this roster. It would be great though if we didn't look like a pop warner football team in a vast majority of our games. This year has been an unmitigated disaster. The ownership is a disgrace and the offensive guru HC doesn't have a clue. Our OL has performed far worse than last year, our QB has regressed, our big FA prize running back has been almost invisible in some games this year, and the team as a whole has been a clown show. The HC has been a deer in headlights and a downright embarrassment exhibiting ZERO creativity and leadership but somehow we should be patient and expect things to change. DENIAL is not a river in Egypt. 

INJURIES.

Write that 100 times on a chalkboard until it sinks in.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Or maybe I'm just debating you by pointing out things you say.  Should I debate you on things you're not saying?  I mean, you definitely do make stuff up when debating me.  You make straw-man arguments all the time against me, actually.

I have answered every one of your attempted logic-traps.  I have been very clear in my thought processes since August.  This isn't entertaining anyone.  Debate subject matter, not other posters.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Okay, going forward I'll stop using logic and instead resort to "my prediction of 11-5 was rock solid" and "we beat Buffalo week 1".

Based on what this injured, depleted team has shown I believe that 11-5 was possible had we stayed healthy.  That's an opinion.

We outplayed Buffalo Week 1 and were the better team.  That's an opinion.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Sez you ... you're meaningless. And, who died and left you in charge of determining who's welcome? Answer ... nobody!

Manish and Beningo represent SOJF's.

SAR represents real fans.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

In the end, we all choose which teams to be fans of.

It is ludicrous to be a fan of an NFL team if all you can do is find entertainment in snarky comments and misery and can't support the team with patience and loyalty when they ask you to.

SAR I

Do you honestly think this ownership has earned any loyalty with their track record? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson also needed to answer critics who unfairly said he was the invisible man.  These same people criticize an owner who is too involved.  Then they say he needs to be accountable.  Then they say he needs to relinquish control to football men.

There is no winning.  So Mr. Johnson decided to be the one to announce the Gase decision so that morons like Manish and Beningo couldn't call him a coward who set up Joe Douglas to take the fall when the 149 fans and a crop duster pilot were upset that the election didn't go their way.

Stop being such a Clinton, Hillary.

SAR I

So CJ needs to bend to critics?  No he doesn't.  He also didn't need to be in charge of whether or not Gase was retained.  He hired a highly respected GM.  He should hand over the team to him.  

As for "there is no winning".  Yes there is.  It's called "winning".  And the fastest way to do that is to hire a competent GM (like hopefully Joe D) then back off and let him do his job.  Instead CJ let Macc stick around until after the draft and FA then fired him.  Then he handpicked a HC and DC.  Then he hires a GM.  Then 9 games into an embarrassment of a season he announces that the HC is coming back next year?!?!

And he wonders why he's getting criticized?

What kind of an effing joke is this?!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

INJURIES.

Write that 100 times on a chalkboard until it sinks in.

SAR I

We were healthy enough to beat Jax and Miami.  Remember when you posted "the season starts now"?  I felt the same way.  I even posted something like "starting now, no more excuses".   3 weeks (and 2 bad losses) later, CJ says "Gase is coming back next year!"  With 7 freaking weeks remaining!

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

image.png.4960283f7319b5da0ddc1d2de007cb80.png

image.png.a049d4c9a5ed8ac9da3b2a60d22bed99.png 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So CJ needs to bend to critics?  No he doesn't.  He also didn't need to be in charge of whether or not Gase was retained.  He hired a highly respected GM.  He should hand over the team to him.  

As for "there is no winning".  Yes there is.  It's called "winning".  And the fastest way to do that is to hire a competent GM (like hopefully Joe D) then back off and let him do his job.  Instead CJ let Macc stick around until after the draft and FA then fired him.  Then he handpicked a HC and DC.  Then he hires a GM.  Then 9 games into an embarrassment of a season he announces that the HC is coming back next year?!?!

I really don't understand why it's so hard for some to comprehend that the Johnsons are morons.  I don't think it's debatable. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, heymangold said:

This is why this team needs new owners.  I get firing a coach after one year is rough but these owners need to see how bad this team is under these coaches

The worst thing the Jets can do is fire Gase because you can’t keep changing the offense each year- Darnold is never going to develop.    Darnold needs to play in the same system , ( will be much more comfortable in the second year) than having to learn a whole new playbook.

Darnold development is the most important thing going forward for the Jets,  that you have to keep Gase.   

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

The Jets, a perennial loser franchise for a reason and people do not need to look nothing else than Chris the bozo.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets, a perennial loser franchise for a reason and people do not need to look nothing else than Chris the bozo.  

The Stronzo-In-Chief.

• Upvote 1

Man.  I remember when the worst flack you took as a Jets fan (other than the constant reminders of losing) were the jokes about the color of the uniforms or our terrible drafts.  Now it's 24 hour bonkers.... It's like the entire league is holding us up to take another gut shot or kick in the balls.  Even the ginger snitch that eats the paste in the corner of the 1st grade class doesn't get this picked on.

The plane really touched a nerve.  Here is a 10 page thread about the plane a week later.  Even chris johnson heard about the plane and had to address the team about it.

No, the plane couldnt make a cheap owner spend more money(which is what firing gase would have been).

But man was it a power message to get this type of response.  Amazing.

8 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I really don't understand why it's so hard for some to comprehend that the Johnsons are morons.  I don't think it's debatable. 

This sums it up.

We get the point why you give ALMOST any new coach at least 2 years to turn around a bad team.   However, someone pointed out teams that turned themselves around with quick firings-SEAHAWKS, 49ers, even Cardinals. 

But what bothers me more is the interactions we are hearing CJ have with the players, and his resulting meddling.  Meeting with Adams and then declaring he should be a Jet for life?  How does JD trade him if that is better for the team?  How do we pay him $15mm and afford an edge and CB1?

It is also apparent that DARNOLD wants Gase to stay, and that probably influenced his statement.  

The conclusion here is understandable, but the background, approach and path is all wrong. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The plane really touched a nerve.  Here is a 10 page thread about the plane a week later.  Even chris johnson heard about the plane and had to address the team about it.

No, the plane couldnt make a cheap owner spend more money(which is what firing gase would have been).

But man was it a power message to get this type of response.  Amazing.

Yeah, the plane stunt accomplished exactly the opposite of what you were asking it to.

You, personally were parading around in that thread announcing a revolution. Another revolution that was not televised.

We had one guy in that thread traipsing around like it was his own personal men's bath house, spouting numbers like they were a "number served" coalition.

In terms of being "cheap", the owners absolutely could have afforded other coaches contracts on the 2020 payroll. It just would have taken away from the players bucket. Like every other business there is a percentage of payroll vs revenue that a business sets. Those are the facts.

Does this all mean I am enamored with the work of Gase today? No. But he was handed an empty bag that any coach would be struggling with today. Injuries be damned, they are a shell. But the merry-go-round of change and hoping have to stop. At some point you owe it to the organization and the staff to try and ride out a decision that you made and give it proper opportunity at least bear fruit. The blossoms for this staff have not even flowered yet. That fruit may yet be sour, but again you have to give it a chance.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yeah, the plane stunt accomplished exactly the opposite of what you were asking it to.

“Yes, but that actually proves how brilliant and amazing I am”

• Haha 2

This is a good move, whether he follows through or not. Cow tailing to cretin fans would further hurt our franchises reputation, as impossible as that sounds

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why do you refuse to see an INJURY report that is longer than the phone book?

Answer:  Because you hate the Adam Gase hire and it doesn't fit your "look at me I was right!" narrative.

This year is a mulligan.  Get over it.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Speaking of oneself in the third-person is indicative of a stunted intellect, psychotic personality disorder, and rampant egoism. That's not surprising in this instance.

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We were healthy enough to beat Jax and Miami.  Remember when you posted "the season starts now"?  I felt the same way.  I even posted something like "starting now, no more excuses".   3 weeks (and 2 bad losses) later, CJ says "Gase is coming back next year!"  With 7 freaking weeks remaining!

The Jacksonville and Miami games?  Did I miss something?  Did Sam have his two best WR's on the field, did Herndon and Enunwa play that game?  Did Jamal Adams not play like AFC Defensive Dog of the Week in those two contests, giving up huge chunk plays and TD's all by himself?  How did CJ Mosley do on that trip, I forget?  The OL?  Oh, that's right, we were only missing 3 starters playing their natural position that game.

An "excuse" is never used by a head coach because it can be misinterpreted by lame fans with an agenda.  The fans have voted and they are the ones giving Adam Gase a pass for this season due to the incredible amount of injuries to critical areas of the team.  That's why only 149 people supported the stupid plane.  That's why there is huge backlash against that inappropriate stunt.  That's why we are relieved that Christopher Johnson didn't roll over and acquiesce to ill-advised fan pressure.

SAR I

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.4960283f7319b5da0ddc1d2de007cb80.png

image.png.a049d4c9a5ed8ac9da3b2a60d22bed99.png 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

Exactly right.  Proof positive that SAR is no Jets puppet.  SAR is usually the first one to scream for the head coach to be shown the door.  He was years ahead of the curve on fakers Edwards and Ryan, he knows what's what.

Yet here he is, seeing the product on the field and supporting Adam Gase for a second term.  That speaks volumes.  If only you'd listen.

SAR I

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Because there is a small faction of fans that are the morons.  They see themselves as some sort of hero.  It's bizarre.

SAR I