Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

anybody that supports bringing back Gase next year especially without seeing how the rest of the season goes is batsh*t crazy but these same fans defended izadick loved the hackenberg pick though mac had a master plan and bowles was the answer.

It is a completely terrible move to give a guy a vote of confidence that has a 2 win team -at the very least you wait until the season is over

the constant nonsense about nobody wanting to come is complete garbage-there are only a few nfl coaching jobs every year-ny is a prime market and if you pay the person top dollar they will be lined up around the block especially those that believe Sam is a legit QB

This is CJ he was never going to fire Gase no matter what.

This is the same guy (CJ) that could not for the life of him figure out why he was getting any blame for the state of the team when he makes all the big decisions.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  Im behind gase until week 1 of next year.  Then he needs to prove to me that he can coach in this league.  Planes will be up b4 october if i dont like what i see.

Honestly, there’s no other choice. Hoping for losses so CJ changes his mind is only a detriment to Sam. Hopefully, Gase continues to tailor the offense around what Sam likes, win some games, build confidence, and get ready for 2020. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

This move is actually exactly what you asked for.

1. Experienced head coach, not a rookie making rookie mistakes.  Check.

2. Offensive side of the ball, not the 10th defensive Jets coach since 1980.  Check.

3. Hired at the same time as the GM so they are both in sync with the same agenda.  Check.

4. Left in place for several years so as to build the team from the core-up, keeping the playbook consistent.  Check.

5. Someone who is young and can relate to the players, especially the franchise quarterback.  Check.

SAR I

At least you are not predicting playoff anymore and took it off from the Check list.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

It is what it is.

But know this, there will be no excuses and no mulligans for Gase or Douglas next year.

None.

A winning record competitive team next year, or Gase, and every bootlicker here whose defended him, can go stfu.

This team needs a complete rebuild. Do you expect them to do that in one year? Replace four OL, two CB's, edge rusher and WR's with one draft and FA.

What's more realistic is to see improvement in both the record (7-9/8-8) and Sam's development.

I get that Johnson has the authority to decide who is the coach, how long he keeps the coach, whether that coach should be fired, etc. But, having the authority does not mean he has the capability to determine whether that person should be kept or not. What experience or expertise does a businessman-owner like Christopher Johnson have to rely on when he says that Adam Gase “is a good coach”? How does he know whether or not Gase is a good coach?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This team needs a complete rebuild. Do you expect them to do that in one year? Replace four OL, two CB's, edge rusher and WR's with one draft and FA.

What's more realistic is to see improvement in both the record (7-9/8-8) and Sam's development.

I expect people to stop being bootlicking white knights for this failure of a franchise.

They're not going to give you free tickets for excusing their endless failures, you know.

Nothing wrong with demanding a little accountability and competitiveness.

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

This team does not need a complete rebuild.  Most NFL insiders and experts who know such things had us at 8-8 back in August.  Then we got injured.  Sh-t happens.

We are an 8-8 caliber team that needs some critical pieces on the OL and secondary, a few playmaking WR's, and a reliable kicker.  Joe Douglas can get that done in a year.  No, we're not going for Lombardi next year, but a playoff berth is a reasonable expectation.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I get that Johnson has the authority to decide who is the coach, how long he keeps the coach, whether that coach should be fired, etc. But, having the authority does not mean he has the capability to determine whether that person should be kept or not. What experience or expertise does a businessman-owner like Christopher Johnson have to rely on when he says that Adam Gase “is a good coach”? How does he know whether or not Gase is a good coach?

Woody and Chrissy are perfect examples of how just because you are rich and in the 1% doesn’t mean you know better 

If it wasn’t for the billion dollar trust fund both those clowns would be fryboys at burger king

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

This team does not need a complete rebuild.  Most NFL insiders and experts who know such things had us at 8-8 back in August.  Then we got injured.  Sh-t happens.

We are an 8-8 caliber team that needs some critical pieces on the OL and secondary, a few playmaking WR's, and a reliable kicker.  Joe Douglas can get that done in a year.  No, we're not going for Lombardi next year, but a playoff berth is a reasonable expectation.

SAR I

Wasn't your "rock solid" prediction that we were an 11-5 team if healthy THIS YEAR?!

Now you're saying that next year we can only reasonably expect a playoff berth and we're not a SB contender despite another year of improvement?

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Wasn't your "rock solid" prediction that we were an 11-5 team if healthy THIS YEAR?!

Yes.  I stand by that.  We would have been 11-5 had we stayed healthy.

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Now you're saying that next year we can only reasonably expect a playoff berth and we're not a SB contender despite another year of improvement?

Exactly.  Just as I said this August, I saw the Jets making the playoffs and losing in the first round as we are not a Super Bowl contender (who would think such a thing?).

Are we really going to have another night of logic traps?  You suck at logic traps.

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  I stand by that.  We would have been 11-5 had we stayed healthy.

Exactly.  Just as I said this August, I saw the Jets making the playoffs and losing in the first round as we are not a Super Bowl contender (who would think such a thing?).

Are we really going to have another night of logic traps?  You suck at logic traps.

SAR I

No, I'm just trying to learn from someone who is a 2-Time Member of the Jets' Fan Advisory Board.  

So an 11-5 team with a full offseason to improve under alpha Gase and new GM Joe D isn't going to improve at all the next year even though you see us filling "some critical pieces on the OL and secondary, a few playmaking WR's, and a reliable kicker" yet we're not even going to be a contender for the Superbowl?

I mean, surely we can improve to 12-4 next year after this year's sterling 11-5 record.  How can a 12-4 team not even be considered a contender for the Superbowl?

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:53 AM, SAR I said:

SAR I

The Vegas over under for the Jets was not 8 games.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Vegas over under for the Jets was not 8 games.

Sure, but that's different, that's a business decision designed to get more people to spend more money for/against a particular team.  Point spreads work the same way, the sports books want an equal amount of money on both ends, they get rich from the commissions on it all, they get killed if too much money is going one way and there is an upset.

Back in August, most of the beat writers had the Jets at 8-8 with a wildcard ceiling.  Some felt that 7-9 was more likely coming off of 4-12.  That was my recollection.

SAR I