Guilhermezmc

Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

crushed noo GIF

Brilliantly used!

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson wasn't influenced by the plane.  If he were, he would have fired Adam Gase like the banner demanded.

Mr. Johnson was pissed off by the plane and the attempted gang-rape of his head coach.  So he stood up, told his team he believed in Adam, then informed the media of his decision.

[Is this really all you have?  Are you really the poster trying to set traps in the hope of some "ah ha gotcha" moment?  Is this third grade?]

SAR I

He didn't tell the media that he "believed in Adam".  He said Gase was coming back next year.  2 very different things.

And how can you say he "wasn't influenced by the plane" when you also say below that he was "forced to jump to a quick conclusion" (due to "flying a plane humiliating a man and his family")?

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  That is an accurate summary.  I felt the Jets were better than people thought, Sam was going to take big steps forward, and we would go from the 8-8 team most predicted and get a few extra wins.  Sadly, the injuries were too much to overcome.

Cleveland has a lot of talent but they're all a bunch of babies looking for drama and likes.  I accurately predicted their dreadful start.

[Again, is this what you are?  The poster looking for logic traps and "ah ha" gotcha moments?  If so, waste someone else's time.  I outgrew this in third grade.]

SAR I

Or maybe I'm just debating you by pointing out things you say.  Should I debate you on things you're not saying?  I mean, you definitely do make stuff up when debating me.  You make straw-man arguments all the time against me, actually.

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Adam Gase were 2-7 with a 100% healthy roster, if Robbie Anderson were talking non-stop about his cleat designs, if Sam Darnold was on TV talking about fan noise and grooming and the whole locker room looked like a whiny media backstabbing zoo I would be calling for his firing too.  Get it through your head-  Gase and Kitchens have completely different situations.

[Again, if this is who you are, can't make a valid argument, just want to play the logic-trap game, please don't quote my posts anymore.  This is sophomoric.]

SAR I

Okay, going forward I'll stop using logic and instead resort to "my prediction of 11-5 was rock solid" and "we beat Buffalo week 1".

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson also needed to answer critics who unfairly said he was the invisible man.  These same people criticize an owner who is too involved.  Then they say he needs to be accountable.  Then they say he needs to relinquish control to football men.

There is no winning.  So Mr. Johnson decided to be the one to announce the Gase decision so that morons like Manish and Beningo couldn't call him a coward who set up Joe Douglas to take the fall when the 149 fans and a crop duster pilot were upset that the election didn't go their way.

Stop being such a Clinton, Hillary.

SAR I

So CJ needs to bend to critics?  No he doesn't.  He also didn't need to be in charge of whether or not Gase was retained.  He hired a highly respected GM.  He should hand over the team to him.  

As for "there is no winning".  Yes there is.  It's called "winning".  And the fastest way to do that is to hire a competent GM (like hopefully Joe D) then back off and let him do his job.  Instead CJ let Macc stick around until after the draft and FA then fired him.  Then he handpicked a HC and DC.  Then he hires a GM.  Then 9 games into an embarrassment of a season he announces that the HC is coming back next year?!?!

And he wonders why he's getting criticized?

What kind of an effing joke is this?!

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

INJURIES.

Write that 100 times on a chalkboard until it sinks in.

SAR I

We were healthy enough to beat Jax and Miami.  Remember when you posted "the season starts now"?  I felt the same way.  I even posted something like "starting now, no more excuses".   3 weeks (and 2 bad losses) later, CJ says "Gase is coming back next year!"  With 7 freaking weeks remaining!

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Manish and Beningo represent SOJF's.

SAR represents real fans.

SAR I

image.png.4960283f7319b5da0ddc1d2de007cb80.png

image.png.a049d4c9a5ed8ac9da3b2a60d22bed99.png 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Man.  I remember when the worst flack you took as a Jets fan (other than the constant reminders of losing) were the jokes about the color of the uniforms or our terrible drafts.  Now it's 24 hour bonkers.... It's like the entire league is holding us up to take another gut shot or kick in the balls.  Even the ginger snitch that eats the paste in the corner of the 1st grade class doesn't get this picked on.

PDX, the post below is a good example of why...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

team is trash , ownership is trash , coach is trash

anybody who thinks otherwise and wants to buy a set of good pls for .20 on the dollar hit me up.

I  paid ten G for this set you can have  them for two g which is gold if you believe in gase and the jets(I dont)

Those fake rich guys that love to talk about how much money they have and how the jets are going in the right direction get in now at a 80% discount.

PSLs = investment tungsten

It's funny too because I've never had STs but I was able to purchase a ticket to the last Jets home playoff win (41-0 over the Colts) at face value from (I think) Ticketmaster.  

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

there will always be excuses and sadly always dumb fans that buy into them and want patience ....

every year sam spends with gase is a wasted year-you dont want sam to be the next tannyhill who by the way has been playing some real good football as of late-bet he is thrilled to get the stench of gase off of him-funny too people saying gase had tanny so you cant blame him for his failure-Tanny looked pretty damn good beating the chiefs last week and has played some nice ball in general since taking over

"Yay, we're bringing back Gase!"  (for the record, I'm still a believer in Sam 100%)

https://twitter.com/timbhealey

image.thumb.png.d562cc2d9085e8c9dac8e613bb172155.png

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

This team does not need a complete rebuild.  Most NFL insiders and experts who know such things had us at 8-8 back in August.  Then we got injured.  Sh-t happens.

We are an 8-8 caliber team that needs some critical pieces on the OL and secondary, a few playmaking WR's, and a reliable kicker.  Joe Douglas can get that done in a year.  No, we're not going for Lombardi next year, but a playoff berth is a reasonable expectation.

SAR I

Wasn't your "rock solid" prediction that we were an 11-5 team if healthy THIS YEAR?!

Now you're saying that next year we can only reasonably expect a playoff berth and we're not a SB contender despite another year of improvement?

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  I stand by that.  We would have been 11-5 had we stayed healthy.

Exactly.  Just as I said this August, I saw the Jets making the playoffs and losing in the first round as we are not a Super Bowl contender (who would think such a thing?).

Are we really going to have another night of logic traps?  You suck at logic traps.

SAR I

No, I'm just trying to learn from someone who is a 2-Time Member of the Jets' Fan Advisory Board.  

So an 11-5 team with a full offseason to improve under alpha Gase and new GM Joe D isn't going to improve at all the next year even though you see us filling "some critical pieces on the OL and secondary, a few playmaking WR's, and a reliable kicker" yet we're not even going to be a contender for the Superbowl?

I mean, surely we can improve to 12-4 next year after this year's sterling 11-5 record.  How can a 12-4 team not even be considered a contender for the Superbowl?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company