Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

9 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Despite all the crying, it’s the only move the idiot owners can make. Getting rid of him after 1 year would be worse given the circumstances 

After one year?  You wish.  Idiot Jason Koeppel and his merry band of SOJF disciples wanted Gase gone after 4 games with his starting quarterback under center.  4 games.  2 of which were against playoff teams, 1 of which he actually won.

Last week was the dumbest SOJF moment in SOJF history.  And you want to brush it under the rug?  LOL.  Nice try. 

I'm very pleased at the gumption our owner is showing but colossally disappointed in the fanbase who let it come to this, who irresponsibly wielded their power as fans at precisely the wrong time.  Because they can't read an injury report and were misled by a hashtagger looking for social media fame, a radio hack on his last contract, and the most corrupt member of the Jets writers pool.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

I wish I worked in a job that had zero pressure and zero accountability.

I wish I could fail upwards like Adam Gase.

I wish I worked for an ownership group as clueless, bumbling and incompetent as the Johnsons.

How could they watch the embarrassing performance on Monday night football, followed up by the inept failure against the Dolphins and think this is our guy?

The real reason Gase is being kept is that the Johnsons are too cheap to pay off another head coach.

The Jets are wasting the cost controlled years of Darnold on this boob.

Guess it also means that the Jets will be looking for a new defensive coordinator in the off season, as I am convinced Williams took the job only because he thought there was a good chance gase would be gone and he would be first in line to be interviewed for the role.

Is there a go fund me to fly a fire Aussie jet banner by your job?

23 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

The frustrating part of this for diehard fans like myself is that these decisions are being made by a guy everyone can agree is unqualified to make them (Christopher Johnson).

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Personally, I’m curious to see what Adam Gase can do in year two with a revamped OL (including an ace OLT from round one), a couple of new CBs that want to play, and the return of a healthy Mosley and Bell. Gase is 2-1 in games where he had his QB1 and starting OLT on the field at the same time, and they would have been 3-0 if Gregg Williams’ overrated defense opted to tackle Josh Allen one time in the last ten minutes of the Bills game. 

How did Adam Gase do in Miami? Three years into the program it got so bad that the team has to completely blow it up. 

Why should I expect anything different with the Jets? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

I wish our CB could backpedal as well as you lol you saying that I am backpedaling is the highest of high comedy.  I wasn't the one who proclaimed that we were going from picking 3rd last draft to the playoffs this year only to come up with a laundry list of items keeping your guarantee from becoming a fact.  I wish you were right but it was a pipe dream. terrible roster from mac with a new HC.  At least we dumped mac, hopefully we didn't screw darnold up long term.

but you go ahead and keep on thinking it was the airplane that is keeping gase here, have fun with that :)

Bill B was 5-11 first yr Pats head coach and lost his first 4 games the next year...  so he was 5-15..

after having been36-44 in Cleveland...  (why'd Pats even hire him obviously he sucks)

in other words the majority of you stupid phux woulda canned Bill B.

(this is not an endorsement of Gase. I've no clue about if he's anything, or can become anything as an HC.)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is leaning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

Yea because all the fans who wanted Todd Bowles and Mike McCagnan fired three years ago were dead wrong. 

How about the Christian Hackenberg pick that was universally despised by Jets fans?

What about John Idzik? How did his drafts turn out? 

The fans have been right far more often than Jets ownership.

In fact if JetNation.com drafted for the Jets the past 10 years I don’t we would have done any worse. 

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Personally, I’m curious to see what Adam Gase can do in year two with a revamped OL (including an ace OLT from round one), a couple of new CBs that want to play, and the return of a healthy Mosley and Bell. Gase is 2-1 in games where he had his QB1 and starting OLT on the field at the same time, and they would have been 3-0 if Gregg Williams’ overrated defense opted to tackle Josh Allen one time in the last ten minutes of the Bills game. 

I hope you are being serious and not sarcastic with this post :) I too am excited and btw, they jets d looked lost without Mosely after he left the bills game. almost like GW was running the defense through Mosely and once he went down we didn't have a plan b 1 game into a new season with a new defense.  GW has done a great job with what he was given imo, our defense spent a ton of time on the field when darnold went down and they held up their end of the bargain.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

How could they watch the embarrassing performance on Monday night football, followed up by the inept failure against the Dolphins and think this is our guy?

Injuries.

The best team in the history of the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick hitting one of his patented hot streaks.

It's all quite plausible.  No conspiracy.  Take last year's 4-12 Jets, take away the two best receivers, decimate the OL and the LB's, and what are we?  2-14?  1-15?

Gase is making something out of nothing.  The team is sticking together.  The QB is progressing. 

Shut up and support the team.  We don't need SOJF's like you causing our ownership to make knee-jerk decisions to please you as you aren't real fans of the Jets.  You are fans of complaining about things.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

How did Adam Gase do in Miami? Three years into the program it got so bad that the team has to completely blow it up. 
Why should I expect anything different with the Jets? 

Was Gase the GM in Miami?  Did he pick the players?  Or was he the hero who turned a dismal 1-4 disaster into an amazing 10-6 playoff team?

Gase didn't like his owner and he didn't want to be a part of a team in a full-on rebuild without a franchise quarterback.  So he got out.  When the Jets called, with an owner that isn't an ego maniac, further along on its rebuild and with a franchise quarterback, he climbed aboard.

I'm quite pleased he chose the Jets.  He could have sat out the year and picked from any number of jobs.  Same for Joe Douglas, he didn't need to leave Philly when he did. 

How about we as fans repay those two guys the way that they have shown faith in us?  How about we don't poison the new culture before it even gets a chance to get off the ground?  How about we show the 'patience' that our best player requested of us?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I just hate it for Sam. I don't want him regressing more next year under Gase.

Sam looked better against the Cowboys and Giants than he did at any time last year, and last year he had a better OL and better receivers, had a decent running game and best-in-the-league special teams giving him great field position and making kicks.  Did you see some of those throws Sam made last week?  Incredible. 

Gase is doing a very good job if you'd just stop being influenced by the media and look around.  It's very hard to make lemonade with so many lemons.  He is looking like a good head coach and I'm excited he chose to be here. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

I think Gase lives or dies by Sam.  It's all on that. If he makes it hrough the season.  Even if Gase is a mediocre coach you can still have a decent team as long a the there is talent there.  Problem is the way the roster is constructed.  That's a few years away. That's what makes Douglas more important in the long term scheme.  The fault on Johson's part is to have so an unshakeable faith in Gase.  I dont seen what he's done to warrant that.  BB was considered one of the best DC's ever when he took over the Pat's.  It was a classic case of he'd when given the shaft in Cleveland.  The fact that BB was on the Jets staff was that he was almost overqualified  Outside of getting some decent games out of Jay Cutler and being best buddies to a maybe the best prepared QB who ever lived... what has Gase done to warrant this kind of faith?  I get that CJ has that but if they were my chips... I'd bet on a better horse

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Just stepped off the plane following a five hour flight.   First alert that pops up on my phone...

4B3587D2-564C-44D0-90C3-EA6A79623C12.jpeg.5e4c159638ccf61f76b343c1dbf857f3.jpeg

I wasn’t sure if the website would be up when I came here or if the server would’ve  burnt to the ground by now!

Glad to see everyone is keeping their sh*t together! lol

We’ve accepted our fate..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Yea because all the fans who wanted Todd Bowles and Mike McCagnan fired three years ago were dead wrong. 

Bowles and Maccagnan were only here because Jets fans ran Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer out of town on a rail.  History shows that was an idiotic decision.  We should have tried harder to give them what they needed to build a real offense.  But, no, we listened to geniuses like you and it's been 10 years of crappy QB play as a result.

17 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

How about the Christian Hackenberg pick that was universally despised by Jets fans?

When you throw a kid that's 4-2 in the playoffs out in the trash and bust on Geno Smith, you make ridiculous emotional decisions.  Again, if you didn't run Mark and Brian out of town things may have turned out differently.

18 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

What about John Idzik? How did his drafts turn out? 

Idzik was the only guy who would take the job because you idiot fans lobbied to keep Rex Ryan from the guillotine and Idzik destroyed our roster just like Maccagnan would. 

Your dominoes fell the way they did because your decisions have been crap since 2011 and the Jets listen to the likes of Beningo and others who preach those stupid choices like you.

I pray that after this past week of insanity that the Johnson's learn from this-  STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA, THE FANS, AND THEIR MOUTHPIECES.  I believe we just turned a corner and now they NEVER will again.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I think Gase lives or dies by Sam.  It's all on that. If he makes it hrough the season.  Even if Gase is a mediocre coach you can still have a decent team as long a the their is talent there.  Problem is the way the roster is constructed.  That's a few years away. That's what makes Douglas more important in the long term scheme.  The fault on Johson's part is to have so an unshakeable faith in Gase.  I dont seen what he's done to warrant that.  BB was considered one of the best DC's ever when he took over the Pat's.  It was a classic case of he'd when given the shaft in Cleveland.  The fact that BB was on the Jets staff was that he was almost overqualified  Outside of getting some decent games out of Jay Cutler and being best buddies to a maybe the best prepared QB who ever lived... what has Gase done to warrant this kind of faith?  I get that CJ has that but if they were my chips... I'd bet on a better horse

Black Monday 2020..

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh now I see the Johnson’s decision making process..

The Johnson's really care about the fans.  They really do.  And in the past, they valued the opinions of the masses and their media mouthpieces.

No more.  Today is a turning point.

Now the football men make the football decisions.  Gase is one of those football men.  F the fans and their pathetic SOJ narratives.  Go to the games or don't.  Whine or don't.  The Jets are worth $3B with or without you.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Bowles and Maccagnan were only here because Jets fans ran Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer out of town on a rail.  History shows that was an idiotic decision.  We should have tried harder to give them what they needed to build a real offense.  But, no, we listened to geniuses like you and it's been 10 years of crappy QB play as a result.

When you throw a kid that's 4-2 in the playoffs out in the trash and bust on Geno Smith, you make ridiculous emotional decisions.  Again, if you didn't run Mark and Brian out of town things may have turned out differently.

Idzik was the only guy who would take the job because you idiot fans lobbied to keep Rex Ryan from the guillotine and Idzik destroyed our roster just like Maccagnan would. 

Your dominoes fell the way they did because your decisions have been crap since 2011 and the Jets listen to the likes of Beningo and others who preach those stupid choices like you.

I pray that after this past week of insanity that the Johnson's learn from this-  STOP LISTENING TO THE MEDIA, THE FANS, AND THEIR MOUTHPIECES.  I believe we just turned a corner and now they NEVER will again.

SAR I

Did you see mark sanchez play after he left the jets?  pick any of the teams he played on after he left?  I remember seeing him play on thanksgiving one year, I don't even remember what team he was stinking it up for at the time.  I said, not my problem anymore.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Johnson's really care about the fans.  They really do.  And in the past, they valued the opinions of the masses and their media mouthpieces.

Now the football men make the football decisions.  Gase is one of those football men.  F the fans and their pathetic SOJ narratives.  Go to the games or don't.  Whine or don't.  The Jets are worth $3B with or without you.

SAR I

Just show me the W’s.

They can’t buy my fan hood.

29 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I don't want him regressing

He was terrible for more games than he was good last year ...  you cant simply ignore the bad games and claim the good ones are "who he really is" ...last year it was whatshisface Bates who was holding him back.

He is the same this year. So it isnt regression........ its lack of progress. Its making the same bad throws and reads and bad mechanics that he had at USC.

He may take as long as Alex Smith. Had to wait til his fifth year til he threw more TD than INT, and til his 7th to'achieve a 2:1 TD ratio.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Did you see mark sanchez play after he left the jets?  pick any of the teams he played on after he left?  I remember seeing him play on thanksgiving one year, I don't even remember what team he was stinking it up for at the time.  I said, not my problem anymore.

You know how people are worried that "Gase has broken Sam" and "it will take years to undo the bad habits and damage"?  After 4 games?

Imagine what it was like to be Mark Sanchez in 2012 and seeing Tim Tebow courted, Peyton Manning contacted, Tony Sporano hired, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, and Santonio Holmes all gone and replaced with Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill.

Good lord, stop with the "Mark stunk after the Jets" narrative.  He was a head case with a busted throwing shoulder.  The Jets broke him emotionally too.  There was no coming back after all that.  Good job, SOJF's.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Was Gase the GM in Miami?  Did he pick the players?  Or was he the hero who turned a dismal 1-4 disaster into an amazing 10-6 playoff team?

Gase didn't like his owner and he didn't want to be a part of a team in a full-on rebuild without a franchise quarterback.  So he got out.  When the Jets called, with an owner that isn't an ego maniac, further along on its rebuild and with a franchise quarterback, he climbed aboard.

I'm quite pleased he chose the Jets.  He could have sat out the year and picked from any number of jobs.  Same for Joe Douglas, he didn't need to leave Philly when he did. 

How about we as fans repay those two guys the way that they have shown faith in us?  How about we don't poison the new culture before it even gets a chance to get off the ground?  How about we show the 'patience' that our best player requested of us?

SAR I

Gase did have control over the 53 man roster and called plays simultaneously for Miami. No wonder they're a tire fire now. I'd expect the same results 3 years from now with the Jets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619867/article/adam-gase-to-control-miamis-53man-roster-call-plays

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Technically they arent worth $3B without any fans buying in. Just sayin.