Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes, the dysfunction starts at the top and seems like it will never end. 

No, the dysfunction starts at the bottom, with the lowest-common-denominator fans who think they're entitled to a championship with this roster at this time.

Leave.  Just go.  It's going to be unbearable for you and us as we take this ride for the next few years.  Spare yourself and us the drama.  Go.  49ers.  They look like they have a bright, immediate future.  Go.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Adam Gase has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Your 50 years of frustration are yours to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  YOU.

Be patient like our best player requested.  Or get the F out and onto the bandwagon of another team.  There are tons of fellow New Yorkers who root for the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers.  Have at it.  Or stay on the Jets train quietly.

SAR I

Who do you think you are to tell Jet fans that?  You act like you're a 2 time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board.  That's basically like a direct assistant to CJ, Joe D, and Adam Gase.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I really hate gase and have hated him from the beginning but o respect Chris Johnson for not caving in on the fans emotions. Maybe he sees how many on the forum are flip flopping divas who change their opinions on each play.

AMEN

SAR I

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How is Baker Mayfield's handpicked choice for HC (Freddie Kitchens) working out so far?

Who cares?  Kitchens has a completely healthy team with a roster that's 2x better than the one handed to Adam Gase.

If Cleveland let's him go in Feburary I can see the logic.  Not the same thing with the Jets.  Not at all.

SAR I

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

I really hate gase and have hated him from the beginning but o respect Chris Johnson for not caving in on the fans emotions. Maybe he sees how many on the forum are flip flopping divas who change their opinions on each play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

AMEN

SAR I

I thought you said that CJ did cave in and guaranteed Gase another year BECAUSE of the fans?  It doesn't matter that he did the opposite of the banner said.  According to you he still let them influence his decision-making in a  big way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Who cares?  Kitchens has a completely healthy team with a roster that's 2x better than the one handed to Adam Gase.

If Cleveland let's him go in Feburary I can see the logic.  Not the same thing with the Jets.  Not at all.

SAR I

You predicted 11-5 and a division title with our roster going into the season.  Now you're saying Cleveland's roster is 2x as good?

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Write me a check for $2,750, the value of my 4 seats plus parking for the remaining games, Airplane Boy.  Put your boycott where your mouth is.

SAR I

It's not my problem that you don't know how to spend your money wisely. No worries, though, since there's an exception in my plan for you only since the it applies solely to real Jets fans ... you don't qualify as one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Freddie Kitchens has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Their fans 50 years of frustration are theirs to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  THEIRS.

• Haha 2

LOL at thinking this really means anything. CJ made the smart decision to kill all stories about firing Gase this year by coming out with an unambiguous statement. No stories about rumors CJ has soured on him or that JD is making a push to fire Gase. The plane thing is meaningless now along with fan outrage. That's all this is. It's just managing PR. 

• Upvote 2

Simply no NFL team should fire a coach after 1 season. Especially with this roster and these injuries. Not overjoyed with this season, in fact far fro it. May be Gase is the answer, but next season will tell us. 

Have to hope Douglas can get an OL together so this team is a playoff contender before Darnold's rookie deal is done. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Simply no NFL team should fire a coach after 1 season. Especially with this roster and these injuries. Not overjoyed with this season, in fact far fro it. May be Gase is the answer, but next season will tell us. 

Have to hope Douglas can get an OL together so this team is a playoff contender before Darnold's rookie deal is done. 

We're healthy enough to win with the guys we had yet we got beaten pretty badly by both Miami and Jacksonville.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Explain to me how unhappy Jet fans can be "the problem".

Flying a plane humiliating a man and his family and forcing our owner to jump to a quick conclusion in a public demonstration of support is the very definition of fans being 'the problem'.

SAR I

Yes he brought in a highly respected football man in Joe D but he's not letting him make decisions.  CJ is the one deciding that Gase deserves another year (with 7 games left in this disastrous season).

How the hell do you know that? 

Here's a clue:  What Joe Douglas said personally last week is almost word for word what Christopher Johnson said this week.

You spend too much time being trolled by Twitter, Manish, and Beningo.  Wise up already.  You lost the war.  Gase is here to stay.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Maybe teams shouldn't do it, but plenty of them do. For example

49ers did it in back to back years. Jim tomsula, then Chip Kelly, and then they hired Kyle shannahan.

Seahawks fired jim mora after 1 year. Then landed Pete Carrol

Cardinals last year fired Steve wilks after 1 season for kliff Kingsbury

Cam Cameron was fired from dolphins (1-15) and hire Tony soprano who went (11-5)

It happens more often than you think. There's nothing wrong with admitting a mistake and moving on from it. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Flying a plane humiliating a man and his family and forcing our owner to jump to a quick conclusion in a public demonstration of support is the very definition of fans being 'the problem'.

SAR I

so you say the owners of this team make decisions based on what the fans of this team do?

the owners are this stupid? 

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, the dysfunction starts at the bottom, with the lowest-common-denominator fans who think they're entitled to a championship with this roster at this time.

Leave.  Just go.  It's going to be unbearable for you and us as we take this ride for the next few years.  Spare yourself and us the drama.  Go.  49ers.  They look like they have a bright, immediate future.  Go.

SAR I

Yes. It’s the fans fault for demanding accountability for the team to not sh*t the bed year in and year out. Get outta here with this trifling BS. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Our owner wasn't forced to do anything.  Gase was under contract.

Also aren't you a big fan of Gase?  So why is CJ announcing Gase is coming back a problem in your eyes?  Now the decision was "a quick conclusion"?  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

How the hell do you know that? 

Here's a clue:  What Joe Douglas said personally last week is almost word for word what Christopher Johnson said this week.

You spend too much time being trolled by Twitter, Manish, and Beningo.  Wise up already.  You lost the war.  Gase is here to stay.

SAR I

Because CJ (not Joe D) said Gase was returning.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Your 50 years of frustration are yours to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  YOU.

You're quite right.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Be patient like our best player requested.  Or get the F out and onto the bandwagon of another team. 

Again, well said.  

Thanks SAR, for enlightening me.

Who do you think you are to tell Jet fans that?  You act like you're a 2 time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board.  That's basically like a direct assistant to CJ, Joe D, and Adam Gase.

Begone.

You exist to root against the team you supposedly support.  You enjoy misery.  Good luck.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

I thought you said that CJ did cave in and guaranteed Gase another year BECAUSE of the fans?  It doesn't matter that he did the opposite of the banner said.  According to you he still let them influence his decision-making in a  big way.

Mr. Johnson wasn't influenced by the plane.  If he were, he would have fired Adam Gase like the banner demanded.

Mr. Johnson was pissed off by the plane and the attempted gang-rape of his head coach.  So he stood up, told his team he believed in Adam, then informed the media of his decision.

[Is this really all you have?  Are you really the poster trying to set traps in the hope of some "ah ha gotcha" moment?  Is this third grade?]

SAR I

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Are you serious or just drunk? Nobody is expecting a championship with this roster. It would be great though if we didn't look like a pop warner football team in a vast majority of our games. This year has been an unmitigated disaster. The ownership is a disgrace and the offensive guru HC doesn't have a clue. Our OL has performed far worse than last year, our QB has regressed, our big FA prize running back has been almost invisible in some games this year, and the team as a whole has been a clown show. The HC has been a deer in headlights and a downright embarrassment exhibiting ZERO creativity and leadership but somehow we should be patient and expect things to change. DENIAL is not a river in Egypt. 

You predicted 11-5 and a division title with our roster going into the season.  Now you're saying Cleveland's roster is 2x as good?

Yes.  That is an accurate summary.  I felt the Jets were better than people thought, Sam was going to take big steps forward, and we would go from the 8-8 team most predicted and get a few extra wins.  Sadly, the injuries were too much to overcome.

Cleveland has a lot of talent but they're all a bunch of babies looking for drama and likes.  I accurately predicted their dreadful start.

[Again, is this what you are?  The poster looking for logic traps and "ah ha" gotcha moments?  If so, waste someone else's time.  I outgrew this in third grade.]

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

It's not my problem that you don't know how to spend your money wisely. No worries, though, since there's an exception in my plan for you only since the it applies solely to real Jets fans ... you don't qualify as one.

I have no idea what that means.

You are one of the Plane people.  You angered the entire team.  You are no longer welcome.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson wasn't influenced by the plane.  If he were, he would have fired Adam Gase like the banner demanded.

Mr. Johnson was pissed off by the plane and the attempted gang-rape of his head coach.  So he stood up, told his team he believed in Adam, then informed the media of his decision.

[Is this really all you have?  Are you really the poster trying to set traps in the hope of some "ah ha gotcha" moment?  Is this third grade?]

SAR I

He didn't tell the media that he "believed in Adam".  He said Gase was coming back next year.  2 very different things.

And how can you say he "wasn't influenced by the plane" when you also say below that he was "forced to jump to a quick conclusion" (due to "flying a plane humiliating a man and his family")?

Freddie Kitchens has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Their fans 50 years of frustration are theirs to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  THEIRS.

If Adam Gase were 2-7 with a 100% healthy roster, if Robbie Anderson were talking non-stop about his cleat designs, if Sam Darnold was on TV talking about fan noise and grooming and the whole locker room looked like a whiny media backstabbing zoo I would be calling for his firing too.  Get it through your head-  Gase and Kitchens have completely different situations.

[Again, if this is who you are, can't make a valid argument, just want to play the logic-trap game, please don't quote my posts anymore.  This is sophomoric.]

SAR I

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  That is an accurate summary.  I felt the Jets were better than people thought, Sam was going to take big steps forward, and we would go from the 8-8 team most predicted and get a few extra wins.  Sadly, the injuries were too much to overcome.

Cleveland has a lot of talent but they're all a bunch of babies looking for drama and likes.  I accurately predicted their dreadful start.

[Again, is this what you are?  The poster looking for logic traps and "ah ha" gotcha moments?  If so, waste someone else's time.  I outgrew this in third grade.]

SAR I

Or maybe I'm just debating you by pointing out things you say.  Should I debate you on things you're not saying?  I mean, you definitely do make stuff up when debating me.  You make straw-man arguments all the time against me, actually.

43 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

so you say the owners of this team make decisions based on what the fans of this team do?

the owners are this stupid? 

All owners do.  They are running businesses in the public trust.  They have an obligation to appease their fans.  So if a season is lost and the team looks uninspired and they are on the fence 50/50 about a regime, they'll fire Mike Tannenbaum (for the sake of change) and keep Rex Ryan (for the sake of fan love).  Dumb sh-t like that.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Adam Gase were 2-7 with a 100% healthy roster, if Robbie Anderson were talking non-stop about his cleat designs, if Sam Darnold was on TV talking about fan noise and grooming and the whole locker room looked like a whiny media backstabbing zoo I would be calling for his firing too.  Get it through your head-  Gase and Kitchens have completely different situations.

[Again, if this is who you are, can't make a valid argument, just want to play the logic-trap game, please don't quote my posts anymore.  This is sophomoric.]

SAR I

Okay, going forward I'll stop using logic and instead resort to "my prediction of 11-5 was rock solid" and "we beat Buffalo week 1".