What has 353 yds and a single TD

Dunnie

3 hours ago, Lon chaney said:

The guy who also has 30% of all yards but this juggernaut WR core?

Stats are great but are you really going to pretend that this is some kind of prolific offense? That doesn't have a dumpster fire of an OL? That didn't start Luke Falk for 3 games?

You don't like Robbie? Fine. The dude is a legit NFL receiver that's making a career after going undrafted. Put him in on KC and then what? He might have more than 350 yards. 

Good points.

Additionally, Sam has missed him (with assistance from pass-rush pressure due to Jets sieve o-line) on at least 4-5 bombs that would put Robbie's yardage closer to 550 with another 2-3 TDs. On those plays he was wide open but the ball didn't find him. 

4 hours ago, Lon chaney said:

You don't like Robbie? Fine. The dude is a legit NFL receiver that's making a career after going undrafted. Put him in on KC and then what? He might have more than 350 yards. 

Legit #3, yes.  A very nice to have for a good team with a good QB who can exploit the mismatch he would be vs. a team's Free Safety or 3rd CB.

As a #1, for this team, with this QB......lol, no.  

You're quite right, on KC he'd be very good.....because he'd have a great QB throwing to him, and two great WR's ahead of him taking the bulk of the best coverage off of him.

Here, his limitations become obvious and he's an easy "#1" to defend.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lon chaney said:

The guy who also has 30% of all yards but this juggernaut WR core?

Stats are great but are you really going to pretend that this is some kind of prolific offense? That doesn't have a dumpster fire of an OL? That didn't start Luke Falk for 3 games?

Yeah it was great watching him once again short arm balls that would have hit him in stride over the middle and drop nearly every contested pass thrown his way.

If the Jets are going to be successful working around a so called bad OL then maybe Robbie needs to grow some god damn balls and start making plays both in traffic and over the middle of the SHORT variety so that our QB can get him the ball Quickly. Problem is he wants no part of that, so the ONLY viable pass to Robbie is a deep pattern which just so happens to be the lowest percentage pass taking the most time to complete in Pro Football or at any level for that matter. Robbie is nothing more than a Burner that would fit much better in an Offense with a big possession guy and other players that are not afraid to go over the Middle he's not a number one guy and hes not a guy who can be relied upon on Hot reads in all honesty he barely a number 2 WR. 

• Upvote 2

Robbie is a poor man’s Mike Wallace. For the past two years we’ve been hoping he learns to run better routes so he could utilize the entire route tree. He hasn’t. He does not muscle for the back shoulder throw, he runs one of the worst double moves I’ve seen (Stephen Hill is probably the only one worse), he rounds his comeback and slant routes so poorly that you can’t call any kind of timing throw to him. He has straight line speed, that’s all. If we had an OL that gives the QB time and a WR1 and WR2 that are good enough to warrant Safety attention Anderson would be a great weapon, just like Wallace was with Ward and Brown on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

I would happily cut Enunwa and allocate the cap savings towards re-signing Anderson. The best ability is availability and Enunwa can't stay healthy. Dumb contract extension from Maccagnan at the time and dumber now.

Those who aren't fans of Robby need perhaps to realise that with a porous offensive line, it becomes difficult for Sam to hold the ball long enough for Robby to break downfield.

Assuming Douglas invests in offensive line reinforcements and Gase finds an offensive line coach who can coach them up, I think that Robby would be a more effective player in 2020 than he is now.

If Gase can't work out how to use that chemistry between Sam and Robby, then he shouldn't be the head coach, but that is a different topic.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

Who has the 30th ranked offense in points per game

who is last in total passing yards for the season

Who is last in yards per game

Who is last in offensive touchdowns (7)

Yes the JETS offense is horrible. Absolutely horrible. 

The Defense has scored 3 TDs and 2 Safeties and our Special Teams has a TD.

So the offense has 7 TDs rest of team has 4 and 2 safeties. this is all time bad offense

Phukin A.

No one is suffering more from the pathetic OL play than Anderson. He needs to get downfield to have an impact – That involves giving the QB more than 2 seconds. 

He’s a very limited player but his talent is probably the most valuable trait a WR can have. He would easily be a valuable starter for most teams in the league. 

Robby is a good player that’s not in a good situation for what he does best. Darnold’s long ball has proven to not be great. And Gase’s offense is focused on the short to intermediate space. If I’m JD, I wouldn’t sign him for what he’s going to get paid. Unless Darnold can start hitting deep throws more consistently. I don’t see that though. It’s an area of weakness for him that also existed in college. We should be focused on getting receivers that are good route runner, are good after the catch and have good short area quicknesss.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Stark said:

Who has the 30th ranked offense in points per game

who is last in total passing yards for the season

Who is last in yards per game

Who is last in offensive touchdowns (7)

Yes the JETS offense is horrible. Absolutely horrible. 

The Defense has scored 3 TDs and 2 Safeties and our Special Teams has a TD.

So the offense has 7 TDs rest of team has 4 and 2 safeties. this is all time bad offense

just remember that they went 3 games without a qb to speak of and still have an oline that can't run or pass block very well.  with all that why aren't they ranked 32?

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

just remember that they went 3 games without a qb to speak of and still have an oline that can't run or pass block very well.  with all that why aren't they ranked 32?

Oh I remember, Gase's handpicked back up QB was garbage. 

We aren't ranked 32 because the Dolphins and Redskins are slightly behind us. 

We are dead last in every other category though. so small victories, lol.

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

Oh I remember, Gase's handpicked back up QB was garbage. 

We aren't ranked 32 because the Dolphins and Redskins are slightly behind us. 

We are dead last in every other category though. so small victories, lol.

according to many fans, the qb gase inherited is garbage.

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Please do not put Robbie Anderson and Wesley Walker in the same sentence

look at the numbers.

i know wesley is a Jet legend. but he was... 

a one trick poney. not a #1 WR, very skinny and not a physical battle for the ball WR that wins alotta 50/50 balls.

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Darnold’s long ball has proven to not be great. And Gase’s offense is focused on the short to intermediate space. If I’m JD, I wouldn’t sign him for what he’s going to get paid. Unless Darnold can start hitting deep throws more consistently. I don’t see that though. It’s an area of weakness for him that also existed in college.

punto!

On 11/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, Dunnie said:

... here is a hint ... It's not a No. 1 WR or a No. 2 receiver.

He's a good teammate and role player.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow, Robbie not a #1.  Hasn’t been discussed before.  Then again thinking he’s a $2 mil per player is new and fantasy world money

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

No one is suffering more from the pathetic OL play than Anderson. He needs to get downfield to have an impact – That involves giving the QB more than 2 seconds. 

He’s a very limited player but his talent is probably the most valuable trait a WR can have. He would easily be a valuable starter for most teams in the league. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

31 other NFL QB throw a better deep ball

• Upvote 1