Dunnie

What has 353 yds and a single TD

52 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's not very kind of you.  I certainly won't tell you to shut the f*ck up, but to each their own.

The guy has had some immaturity issues.  Not sure if you heard.

robby-anderson.jpg.3fe20bb9e57dc268b35d5c93ea47e098.jpg

Exactly, he has a history.

Not sure if he has been on his best behavior because his Agent has finally wised him up in order to get Paid, or he has truly matured, either way I hope they take a risk with him and bring him back for reasonable dollars because he can keep a D honest even if he’s not catching bombs.  Serious weapon.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

That's not very kind of you.  I certainly won't tell you to shut the f*ck up, but to each their own.

The guy has had some immaturity issues.  Not sure if you heard.

robby-anderson.jpg.3fe20bb9e57dc268b35d5c93ea47e098.jpg

Also not loving the STFU, but... 

Robby’s kept his nose clean now for a couple years. As if someone told him he should clean up his act and then he did. Like, maybe, the way someone starting to grow might do. If I’m talking about resigning him, his Off-field stuff really wouldn’t be a factor for me at this stage. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Robby is trying to earn his next contract.  Go ahead and let some other dumb team

pay him

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Robby, DT and Crowder, along with Griffen, are a solid, if unspectacular group of receivers.  But taking them as a group, they give Sam a lot of options and they are getting it done.  How much do you think Derek Carr wishes he was throwing to those guys today?

I think you can add Bell to this group as an option out of the backfield if not drawing more defenders into the box.

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Go to the 2:10 mark. 

You're welcome.

Great game by Sam and Robby 

Better late than never,  Very happy to see Robbie play with grit for the first time this season. Let's hope it was not an anomaly.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Better late than never,  Very happy to see Robbie play with grit for the first time this season. Let's hope it was not an anomaly.

Yeah, well...lets hope that the rest of the offense can help him out. If that happens then maybe we can add actual perspective and stop expecting Robby Anderson to play like DeAndre Hopkins every week when he's always been more of a Will Fuller type. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, slats said:

Robby’s kept his nose clean now for a couple years. As if someone told him he should clean up his act and then he did. Like, maybe, the way someone starting to grow might do. If I’m talking about resigning him, his Off-field stuff really wouldn’t be a factor for me at this stage. 

You mean to tell me that you expect these young men to mature, while at the same time giving them the space and opportunity to do so???

This respectable position doesn't surprise me coming from you though. One of my fav's. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, slats said:

on STFU

seriously, i would have thought that you guys ...the 2 who commented...   would know my "voice" well enough 

to know that THAT STFU was the friendly kind, like when you greet a m8 at a bar and say " you old SOB!!"

On 11/16/2019 at 5:33 PM, y2k8 said:

Now show me one from this season.

Robby anderson...yet again this season

This guy was never the Jets problem this season. He's not a dominate WR, however when folks accept that fact and accept him for what he is, then you'll appreciate what he's done, basically playing as a #1 for this team. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Robby anderson...yet again this season

This guy was never the Jets problem this season. He's not a dominate WR, however when folks accept that fact and accept him for what he is, then you'll appreciate what he's done basically playing as a #1 for this team. 

Is he your uncle?

Amazing catch. He has been a different player the last 6 weeks. Still wouldn't bring him back if the price was too high, but he is definitely playing for that contract now. Does anyone (besides you) trust him to play like this after he gets a big deal? 

4 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Is he your uncle?

Amazing catch. He has been a different player the last 6 weeks. Still wouldn't bring him back if the price was too high, but he is definitely playing for that contract now. Does anyone (besides you) trust him to play like this after he gets a big deal? 

If we were related, he'd be too young to be my uncle...generally. 

He's been a different player the last 6 weeks because Sam Darnold has been a different player the past 6 weeks. Proof? Check out this thread on the first page. 

Just to provide some info inside, KRL mentions that the past 7 weeks...

- After the MIA game he talked about winning out and making a
run.  They've gone 5-2.  If as a 22 year old he can rally the
team after an awful start, that's huge

- In the second half Darnold's stats are 140/231 (61%), 1748
yards, 12 TD, 3 INT

So this doesnt seem like it's Robby playing for a contract, but Sam Darnold playing better and taking advantage of the targets he has on the field. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If we were related, he'd be too young to be my uncle...generally. 

He's been a different player the last 6 weeks because Sam Darnold has been a different player the past 6 weeks. Proof? Check out this thread on the first page. 

Just to provide some info inside, KRL mentions that the past 7 weeks...

- After the MIA game he talked about winning out and making a
run.  They've gone 5-2.  If as a 22 year old he can rally the
team after an awful start, that's huge

- In the second half Darnold's stats are 140/231 (61%), 1748
yards, 12 TD, 3 INT

So this doesnt seem like it's Robby playing for a contract, but Sam Darnold playing better and taking advantage of the targets he has on the field. 

Maybe he is getting more targets because Sam is playing better but Robbie is doing a lot more with the opportunities he gets.  He is now fighting for balls, something he simply was not doing when this thread started.  He has turned it around and is playing at a level we all hoped he would. But bumping this thread doesn't disprove what was said about the player on November 16th.  

Robbie has changed my mind over the past few weeks. He is no one trick pony. Given the opportunity he has run all of the routes, made difficult catches and won contested balls.  I still don't view him as a #1 WR but he is a better than average #2. If the Jets can add a true #1 WR before next season, the task of covering the # 1 WR, Robbie, Crowder, Herndon, and Bell will be next to impossible. 

Considering the players the Jets have wasted money on in recent years, I say sign Robbie even if you have to overpay him a little (not a lot). It sends the important message of taking care of your own guys, which is a message the Jets need to send to players after the Osemele debacle and the fining of Q for missing treatment sessions.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Robbie has changed my mind over the past few weeks. He is no one trick pony. Given the opportunity he has run all of the routes, made difficult catches and won contested balls.  I still don't view him as a #1 WR but he is a better than average #2. If the Jets can add a true #1 WR before next season, the task of covering the # 1 WR, Robbie, Crowder, Herndon, and Bell will be next to impossible. 

Considering the players the Jets have wasted money on in recent years, I say sign Robbie even if you have to overpay him a little (not a lot). It sends the important message of taking care of your own guys, which is a message the Jets need to send to players after the Osemele debacle and the fining of Q for missing treatment sessions.

It would be great to have a true #1, but considering all of our holes, it is a luxury we may NOT be able to afford. If we add another 1a or 2+, maybe bigger but slower, and get back our two TEs we should be okay. Fixing the OL will make the running game better, and with a better running game and more time to throw, our passing game will also improve. 

I would imagine that Bell is gone next year.

11 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

It would be great to have a true #1, but considering all of our holes, it is a luxury we may NOT be able to afford. If we add another 1a or 2+, maybe bigger but slower, and get back our two TEs we should be okay. Fixing the OL will make the running game better, and with a better running game and more time to throw, our passing game will also improve. 

I would imagine that Bell is gone next year.

I'm not buying Bell being gone, or that Gase does not like him as a player. Gase learned O under Mike Martz. So, while I  don't think the Gase is a fan of running the ball, he does like a RB who can catch the ball and Bell is a great receiver (just like Marshall Faulk was). Gase is never going to run the ball much, but the O line and lack of a #1 WR completely destroyed the possibility of Bell being a big contributor as a receiver. When Bell was in Pit, the D couldn't take him away as an option because 1) they were too busy trying to cover the WRs; and 2) Bell rarely needed to help block the pass rushers and Ben had plenty of time to throw while Bell wondered into the soft part of the coverage as the outlet.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I agree with all of this. I think the Jets are in pretty good shape at TE and RB, but very weak at WR. Making the WR corps even weaker by letting Robby go before addressing it's short-comings would be short-sighted. Anderson has improved on and off the field. I'd be happy to have him as the #2/3 guy on the outside. Right now the WR group is Crowder, Anderson, and not much else. Rather than lose Anderson, they should be looking to find a WR who can be the best on the team, in short order, in the draft. 

But for Darnold's skills, I'd love a lot of two-TE sets with Crowder in the slot. Anderson forces the defense to stay honest with his speed/home run ability. 

And yes, the Jets would be wise to try to look like a franchise where players are treated with respect.   

On 11/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, Dunnie said:

I like him just fine for 2-3million per

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey Dunnie, just so you know, its not 1997 anymore.  Players of Anderson's caliber go for about $10 million a year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Maybe he is getting more targets because Sam is playing better but Robbie is doing a lot more with the opportunities he gets.  He is now fighting for balls, something he simply was not doing when this thread started.  He has turned it around and is playing at a level we all hoped he would. But bumping this thread doesn't disprove what was said about the player on November 16th.  

Robby is doing the same thing he's been doing, just a different game. 

You know what has changed? Sam Darnold's accuracy down field. That clip that I sent to you yesterday would have either been an incompletion in the back of the endzone because of an overthrow, or an INT because Sam underthrew that ball in double coverage. 

Bumping the thread doesnt disprove what you said about the player on November 16th in your eyes, I can live with that. But what it does do is show you what you asked for when you said "Show me from this season". So every time it happens I'll show you. 

You did say "season". 

55 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i'd laugh my arse off if he signs with the Saints....

Bro, putting him with Brees and across from Thomas...

I'd like to actually see that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bro, putting him with Brees and across from Thomas...

I'd like to actually see that. 

of course, if they wanna give kamara 90+ targets every year...   mayeb not

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

of course, if they wanna give kamara 90+ targets every year...   mayeb not

I'd take it though. That'll cause the defense to cheat and Anderson can burn just about any secondary even without them cheating. His catches would probably go down, but his yards per catch and total yards would probably go through the roof. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His catches would probably go down, but his yards per catch and total yards would probably go through the roof. 

potential for 10+ TDs

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

potential for 10+ TDs

If the Saints were able to keep old ass Ted Ginn Jr relevant in the last few years, there is no doubt Robby would have been a Pro Bowler the last couple of season. 

• Upvote 2

Hey Dunnie, just so you know, its not 1997 anymore.  Players of Anderson's caliber go for about $10 million a year.

In no year to date would I give a number 3 $10 Mill per

It will be interesting to see how much they offer Robbie.  If I could give every bit of Trumaine Johnson's contract to him then I would.

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see how much they offer Robbie.  If I could give every bit of Trumaine Johnson's contract to him then I would.
Only guys on this roster worth that money are Jamal and maybe The Injured one.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:26 AM, Dunnie said:

In no year to date would I give a number 3 $10 Mill per

Well that's good to know!  Now, the problem is, Anderson's not a number 3. 

Nice things for the Jets ya know....

Robby needs his Al Toon....Wesley Walker was a pretty good wideout and having a very good career but when you gave him Al Toon then you had a legit difference maker.

Robby with a properly physical No 1 opposite becomes lethal

Well that's good to know!  Now, the problem is, Anderson's not a number 3. 
Nice things for the Jets ya know....
On the majority of competent NFL teams he is indeed a no 3 on some a 4. But you are correct on the NY Jets right now he is indeed sadly ... Their no 2 or maybe even their 1.

In my mind, the comparison to Robbie is Tyrell Williams, who last year signed a 4 year; $45M contract with the Raiders.  Through 4 seasons, both guys averaged about 3 receptions per game; 50 yards per game and a TD every 3 games.  Robby's FA season so far (49/761/5) is a little bit better than Williams (41/651/5) and Robby has one more game to play. Williams contract was structured so Raiders can get out after this year with no cap implications

Robby is probably looking at 4 years; $48 - $50M with $23-25 guaranteed and an out after two seasons.  A month ago I would have said no, but when Sam has played his best -- end of last season, past 6 weeks--Anderson has been a big part of that.  He is a legit deep threat, can win contested balls, seems to have overcome his maturity issues, has some chemistry wtih Darnold and has shown he can do more than just go deep.  Besides Robby and Amari Cooper are the only impending FA WRs who are under 30 years old with more than 750 receiving yards.  And Cooper will cost a heck of a lot more (Spotrac has his expected contract value at 5 years' $99M; they have Robby at 4 years, $46M).

Get a legit #1 in the draft.  Sign Robby. Crowder in the slot.  Vyncynt Smith (or lower tier FA) as a 4.  And Berrios as 5/PR. 

• Like 2