DL youth movement

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree. Did we ever hear what the offer was? Did somebody come to the Jets with a 1st and two 2nds?

Fatukasi is looking like a very good player. He wasn’t considered such last year. Sometimes it takes guys a little while to adjust to the game and learn. I would not consider treating QW until at least after the 2020 season.  I would want to see him for a fully healthy 2021 season before we decide whether or not he is another Leo. 

My point.  If we received a “monster offer” for a player drafted by the past regime why wouldn’t JD move on it.  Because IF there actually was an offer it wasn’t so MONSTER.  Then again the whiners who want to trade a first rd pick mid first season, well let me stop, it’s beyond dumb. 

Nothing I’ve seen from QW says he should or would be moved on from.  I get some can’t see beyond sack totals, think that’s the only way to judge a DT

58 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

DTs typically don’t dominate as rookies so it’s too early to write QW off. 

That said would really like to see him have a dominant game at some point. 

Just out of curiosity I wonder what Warren Sapps rookie numbers were?

3 hours ago, bigalbarracuda said:

I've said it before -- we would've been better off with Joe Beningo making picks from Mel Kiper's best available list over the past 10 years. 

It's absurd and it's also true. 

I was yelling for Marino in ‘83 and Mahomes instead of a Safety at 6 (no matter how good a Safety he is) a few years ago, think that would have changed the trajectory of the team totally?...Jets would have probably ruined both anyway...but neither choice required an IQ of 100.

I wanted them to either draft the pass rusher Allen last year or trade down.

Jets AND Knicks.  How is it possible that 2 teams in the most important city in the world can have the worst management in all of pro sports OVER AROUND A 50 YEAR PERIOD?  50 years, not just a handful of down times like most franchises go through here and there.

But hands down the worst part is not being competitive at all, for long stretches.  The losing would be somewhat ok if that weren’t the case and you could at least see young talent on the horizon.  Just inexcusable.

Here's a nice story about Kyle Phillips.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/81543/jets-rookie-kyle-phillips-beats-the-odds-just-like-trailblazing-mother

"He's second to the recently-traded Leonard Williamsin snaps played (375 to 338) and he leads the unit in total tackles (33), emerging as a bright light in a dark season for the Jets (2-7). Against long odds, he's fulfilling his childhood ambition, with a big assist from someone who has made a life of conquering barriers."

On 11/14/2019 at 1:10 PM, Beerfish said:

That is not really  the issue.  He will I am sure be a good to decent player but it is a matter of more important holes on the team vs a DT.

If the jets were offered a huge deal as was suggested by one of the national media they missed a chance to fill two or three other holes.

Also as an aside, as the 3rd overall pick in the draft you shouldn;t have to wait and develop a guy for two or three years to be an impact player. 

He will be a useful player down the road no doubt just not as useful as a bunch of picks.

I think there's a valid reason that Douglas, who did NOT draft Q, turned down a huge haul to keep the kid.  He's going to be very good.  So many fans have "trade lust"; just want to add more picks for future drafts.  Then, after 8 games, they want to trade the new picks for more future picks.  I don't think trading Q or Adams makes any sense.  If there was an OLB pass rusher and a CB, this defense could be very, very good.

5 hours ago, DMan77 said:

Here's a nice story about Kyle Phillips.

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/81543/jets-rookie-kyle-phillips-beats-the-odds-just-like-trailblazing-mother

"He's second to the recently-traded Leonard Williamsin snaps played (375 to 338) and he leads the unit in total tackles (33), emerging as a bright light in a dark season for the Jets (2-7). Against long odds, he's fulfilling his childhood ambition, with a big assist from someone who has made a life of conquering barriers."

Great story.  Gotta root hard for this kid.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:40 AM, Patriot Killa said:

between Kyle Phillips, Fatukasi, Quinnen, Goose, ect we have a really nice set of rotational defenders who can all stuff the run and put pressure on the QB. It’s a nice change of pace from overpaid high round picks who dog it every play. Who has the highest ceiling excluding QW?

Henry Anderson is 28 and is int he first year of a 3 year $25 million contract, and he looks nothing like the player he was last season when he was playing for a contract.

16 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think there's a valid reason that Douglas, who did NOT draft Q, turned down a huge haul to keep the kid.  He's going to be very good.  So many fans have "trade lust"; just want to add more picks for future drafts.  Then, after 8 games, they want to trade the new picks for more future picks.  I don't think trading Q or Adams makes any sense.  If there was an OLB pass rusher and a CB, this defense could be very, very good.

we do not have an olb pass rusher ans a CB because we keep drafting S and ilbs and DTs.

We need:

3 olineman

at least one wr

2 CBs

At least one pass rusher.

If you can covert a safety and a Dt into getting those things i think it is worth it.

Our rookie udfa dlinman is starting over quinnen.  It is simply a very low priority position.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, Irish Jet said:

If he was going to be the dominant force he was sold as we'd have seen it already. Mo, Snacks, Sheldon and Leonard Williams all showed far, far more in their rookie seasons and all eventually underwhelmed. The signs couldn't be much worse.

Seems like a great kid. Said 2-3 weeks ago that he's looking like Leo 2.0 so far...

Still has 7 games to make some noise...

Me too re: Josh Allen

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

we do not have an olb pass rusher ans a CB because we keep drafting S and ilbs and DTs.

We need:

3 olineman

at least one wr

2 CBs

At least one pass rusher.

If you can covert a safety and a Dt into getting those things i think it is worth it.

Our rookie udfa dlinman is starting over quinnen.  It is simply a very low priority position.

That's shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.  The DL is set, ILB are set and S are set.  OLB and CB are needed and can be found in 2020.  Obviously OL is a mess and Douglas needs to sign a free agent or two and draft high.  There is just little sense to trade off good players for more picks to fill other holes.

Bottom line is if Douglas can't draft we're in for a very long six years.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/11/why-is-bills-dt-ed-oliver-struggling-rookie-team-captain-lorenzo-alexander-explain.html

wanst there some ed oliver supporter on here talking mad schitt?

"Oliver was taken with the No. 9 overall pick in this year’s draft and expectations, fair or not, were that he’d take the league by storm. That hasn’t quite happened. He sits at just one sack through nine games."

Q leading him by 0.5 sacks...   what a competition.... Excited Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel