Ohhthepain

Rex Ryan: The Jets are still my team, and they will always be my team.

34 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

He did good taking over a well built Mangini team and then ran it into the ground. Then when on to fail in Buffalo. Not the guy you want leading a rebuild. I’ll always be thankful for those 2 years though. 

Ughh he took mangini’s D was never ranked better than 18th? Rex took that same D and instantly made it number 1.. I don’t think the addition of Bart Scott was that big of reason why  🙃

1 hour ago, Jet Life said:

Yeah nobody is arguing he can’t coach a defense. Needs to put his ego aside and come back to the league as a DC! Which is what he is qualified for. Not HC

But he went back to back afc championships with 1 of worst qbs in nfl lol.. He beat top teams in playoffs on the road as underdog. If Sanchez wasn’t so dam bad, we could have gotten a bye, home games.. Not easy for a team to make  super bowl as a wild card.. That bye. Is crucial for teams to re-charge at end of season 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

That is it, exactly.  Mangini great at building the roster.  Rex great at using it.   The fault in both cases was Johnson. He didnt force Mangini to bring in an OC and DC.  Subsequently, he didnt force Rex into accepting the personnel decisions of a qualified GM.  

THAT is all in the hands of the owner.  A top admin has to realize what his people are good at and what they are not able to do.  

Rex as HC + Qualified GM + Good OC = Super Bowl. 

Exactly. Should have fired Dopey mike T and promoted Mangini to gm. Mike T listened to his HCs, mangini was not a great coach, but he could build a roster, was smart to push for OL rebuild.. Rex just needed a good gm, to make smart picks and tell Rex to STFU and just coach 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company