Ohhthepain

Rex Ryan: The Jets are still my team, and they will always be my team.

6 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Rex Ryan on Costellos podcast.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/listen-to-episode-8-of-gangs-all-here-gase-gets-vote-of-confidence-feat-rex-ryan/amp/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons&__twitter_impression=true

So much passion, and love for this city and fanbase. Bring this man back already...you know for the rebuild in 2021.

I celebrate your courage for saying such a thing in front of this audience. I completely agree as well. I really don't care what the yahoos on this site would like to day otherwise. The FACT is, Rex Ryan is a WAY better HC than Toilet and Gase combined. He's also the third BEST HC the Jets have ever had. 

• Post of the Week 1

BTW, don't be surprised if Rex Ryan does come back to be our HC? Rex and Joe probably know each other and have a pretty decent relationship from their time with the Ravens.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Nonsense, you could clearly see the difference in the players and types of players being drafted. Tanny was not picking players at all, which is his flaw as a GM. Tanny was and is a numbers guy. He knows nothing about scouting. That led to guys like Richardson, Pryor, Coples, and Wilson being drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What a bunch of nonsense. 

I cannot believe how impossibly shallow this fan base is. Rex is in fact the third BEST HC this organization has ever had. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not isn't relevant, but it is still a fact.

We also talk about the importance of coaching experience and coaches learning from their first experience as a HC. Rex has that And yet somehow you hard headed dingbats can't see that.

And last but not least, Rex always had one side of the ball mastered. He could play defense with anyone including Bellichick. We talked about how great it was when Bowles was hired because of his tremendous defensive pedigree. That turd couldn't even get out of the gate even on defense. Rex had to suffer with a depleted roster in 2014, virtually devoid of talent, and yet the Jets lost to the eventual SB champions TWICE in that season by a combined total of three points.

Rex, bluster or no, was ALWAYS just a decent and structured GM away from providing JETS fans with constant playoff teams and a constant contender to win the SB. He made some mistakes, WTF, sh*t happens. With Joe Douglas as HC Jets fans could finally have that winning combination.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

So a well below average HC was our third best.  Agreed.  That speaks more about the Jets than the fans.  One side of the ball mastered? He pushed on the GM.    Ravens knew to not promote him up.   Ask any Buffalo fan what they thought.  SAD that our fan base chooses to elevate this clown for literally starting our downward spiral.  

If Baltimore knew not to promote him, they wouldn't have given him an interview for the HC job when John Harbaugh eventually won the job. So that assertion is ridiculous and has no basis in fact. And once again......

Do you trust the GM or don't you?

If you trust Joe Douglas, then you trust his opinion on the HC. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rex Ryan is high in Joe's list assuming he eventually does hire a HC? Joe has a guaranteed six year contract, so at some point he'll be firing Gase and looking for another HC. Rex was good HC when he had the talent to work with. Joe's here to provide that.

Gave him an interview is politics. They went to a DB coach over their DC of 8 years.  REX is not HC material unless you want to be mediocre. 

You claiming Baltimore interviewing him is POLITICS, is BS that only a politician would come up with. In fact, you should become one of you're going to try and shovel that crap.

And for that matter, let's dig deeper into your original post. You say that Rex being the third BEST HC says more about the Jets? Well, the two above him...one was responsible for the only SB the Jets ever won, and the other is widely considered to be possibly one of the 3 very best HC's in the history of the game. So Rex being third puts him in pretty impressive territory. So once again you're talking through your you-know-what.

Gave him an interview is politics. They went to a DB coach over their DC of 8 years.  REX is not HC material unless you want to be mediocre. 

And mediocre is a load of nonsense as well. Mediocre coaches don't their teams deep into the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company