Ohhthepain

Rex Ryan: The Jets are still my team, and they will always be my team.

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Rex>Bowles>Gase. That is all. 

Agreed but the majority here seem to forget, after 2010, teams carved up REX defense like it was butter.  I remember a Harbaugh 49ers team when they put in an unknown QB named Kaepernick. It was clear that REX had not planned on it and our D looked helpless. same with the Dolphins. Rex is old school, blitz, strong CB type defense. 

The game has become too complex for him. the Ravens knew it and passed on him.  The Bills defense got worse under him. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He often gave into coaches preference rather than his draft philosophy. His draft philosophy was also not very good and his decision making was very suspect but I don’t think we take Quinton Coples in 2012 if not for Rex. 

Or Kyle Wilson.   Gronkowski was available but we take Kyle Wilson.  

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

That wasn't a scheme issue, it was lack of manpower.  By 2011, the D-Line was lacking quality and the LB's were slow.  At the third level of the defense was Eric Smith. Despite his limitations, Rex was enamored with his football intellect and grasp of his scheme. Remember Smith trying to catch Kepernick ??? True, Rex was one of the few who liked overload blitzing with press-man coverage, but that was far from all he had in his repertoire. You would regularly see Rex run uncounted numbers of formations and coverages.  It was endless and it wasn't always man coverage. What you got post snap was never given away with what you saw pre snap.  Rex simply didn't have the horses.  His own fault for making bad roster decisions, but you also have to blame Tanny for letting it happen and Woody for not recognizing that his GM was being run by his HC.  If the roster revolved and evolved instead of devolving, they would have won at least two more games that year and gotten another wild card...

That D roster was all REX.  If it were weak in talent, it was all REX. He was absolutely behind the drafting by putting pressure on our "Paper GM" Tanny.  Let the record speak ... he is so far below 500 as a coach.  2 AFC champ games clouds the vision of emotional fans.  REX is below average in almost every category when you look at his entire body of work.

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Intrigued by this thread I decided to take a refresher course and looked up Rex Ryan on Wikipedia. At the time of his tenure as our head coach, I had three kids and moved twice.

Admittedly those first two seasons were absolute Magic and memories. However there is no way to overstate how unbelievably bad everything got and how quickly it plummeted! I mean absolutely ******* horrendous bad!!! Oh the humanity!!

It seems that after the first two seasons Rex was here almost every good coach or player we had was replaced with a downgrade. The offense was a ghost town and a who's who of no names or hasbeens constantly changing direction and never working. I remember now how bad it actually was.

We all absolutely loved Rex when he first got here. By 2011 we were starting Plaxico Burress and Santonio Holmes ...Mark Sanchez was throwing interceptions and we were losing game after game.. we switched all the coordinators and position coaches the drafting was horrible and all the star players that were on the team either retired or were injured , traded or moved on.

Christ there was the Tim Tebow debacle, The butt fumble, Sanchez getting hurt in the preseason, players going AWOL during training camp, guys quitting on the team in the huddle, and Mike Vick who never even opened the Playbook? Guys eating McDonald's cheeseburgers at practice , John idzik looking like Tom Petty on crack and the infamous idzik 12!! Puke!

Sadly we all wanted that magic back and Rex had absolutely no answers. Woody absolutely loved him and gave him so many chances he was in turn hung out to dry. Rex really became sad to watch at the postgame pressers and was exposed as a buffoon whose team under his watch as head coach steadily declined in every area and aspect. God-awful!!! Lol.

Yes those first two years were amazing and we would all love that magic back especially Woody who comes back next year! The last four years Rex was here we're a miserable downward tailspin. I actually remember feeling bad for this guy wishing we could just put him out of his misery.. and things. And stuff. And that sort of thing. Careful what you wish for..

Great post...  not only his last 4 years here, but his next 2 in Buffalo.  Ive never seen so many fans yearn for a man who's body of work is so far below 500.  It's emotional, absolutely. Not analytical at all.  The Johnson make decisions like this. Good teams don't. I don't even think he is an above average DC anymore. He is good.. not great. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I cannot believe how impossibly shallow this fan base is. Rex is in fact the third BEST HC this organization has ever had. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not isn't relevant, but it is still a fact.

We also talk about the importance of coaching experience and coaches learning from their first experience as a HC. Rex has that And yet somehow you hard headed dingbats can't see that.

And last but not least, Rex always had one side of the ball mastered. He could play defense with anyone including Bellichick. We talked about how great it was when Bowles was hired because of his tremendous defensive pedigree. That turd couldn't even get out of the gate even on defense. Rex had to suffer with a depleted roster in 2014, virtually devoid of talent, and yet the Jets lost to the eventual SB champions TWICE in that season by a combined total of three points.

Rex, bluster or no, was ALWAYS just a decent and structured GM away from providing JETS fans with constant playoff teams and a constant contender to win the SB. He made some mistakes, WTF, sh*t happens. With Joe Douglas as HC Jets fans could finally have that winning combination.

So a well below average HC was our third best.  Agreed.  That speaks more about the Jets than the fans.  One side of the ball mastered? He pushed on the GM.    Ravens knew to not promote him up.   Ask any Buffalo fan what they thought.  SAD that our fan base chooses to elevate this clown for literally starting our downward spiral.  

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

If Baltimore knew not to promote him, they wouldn't have given him an interview for the HC job when John Harbaugh eventually won the job. So that assertion is ridiculous and has no basis in fact. And once again......

Do you trust the GM or don't you?

If you trust Joe Douglas, then you trust his opinion on the HC. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Rex Ryan is high in Joe's list assuming he eventually does hire a HC? Joe has a guaranteed six year contract, so at some point he'll be firing Gase and looking for another HC. Rex was good HC when he had the talent to work with. Joe's here to provide that.

Gave him an interview is politics. They went to a DB coach over their DC of 8 years.  REX is not HC material unless you want to be mediocre. 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

And mediocre is a load of nonsense as well. Mediocre coaches don't their teams deep into the playoffs.

He is a below 500 coach.  Ask a Bills fan about Rex.   Stats and facts 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company