Ohhthepain

Rex Ryan: The Jets are still my team, and they will always be my team.

3 hours ago, Jet Life said:

He did good taking over a well built Mangini team and then ran it into the ground. Then when on to fail in Buffalo. Not the guy you want leading a rebuild. I’ll always be thankful for those 2 years though. 

Neither were GMs of the Jets

8 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Both had input on the draft and roster decisions,and Rex even got his lovely hand picked choice, John Connor. Terminator baby!!!

Neither were GMs and Jets fans like to credit their HCs with either running the draft or ruining it.  Yeah, Rex sat at the draft and screamed John Conner and Tanny gave it to him a bottom of the draft pick, not the same as building the teams

13 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

Rex Ryan was a horrible head coach for the Jets. He gassed up the opposing team every week... He ran his mouth before every game and then lost. Coaches don't do that in the NFL, they don't gas up the other team on purpose... Rex Ryan didn't know when to keep his mouth shut that's why he's not a coach

Like when they went 9-7, 11-5 and 4-2 in the playoffs?

He eventually failed but the whole losses because of his mouth theory is pretty funny without a stitch of proof

36 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Rex of course wasn't 100% responsible, but he had personnel input. And you're wrong if you think his only input was yelling about Terminator at the end of the draft one year. He is partly to blame for how that team unfolded 

Every HC discusses position preferences etc. 

Ultimately, just like with other teams, the picks are made by the GM, the rebuild is on the GM, thats all I'm saying

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For the same reason you’re still able to shop in the Men’s section at Target

Target has a mens section?

8 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Nonsense, you could clearly see the difference in the players and types of players being drafted. Tanny was not picking players at all, which is his flaw as a GM. Tanny was and is a numbers guy. He knows nothing about scouting. That led to guys like Richardson, Pryor, Coples, and Wilson being drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Love the nonsensical statement that Tanny was a numbers guy so he didnt draft.  You left out D'Brick, Mangold and all the other offensive players Tanny drafted.  Those fit the Mangini, Rex types of players, you meant D?  

You draft players, your name and career are on the line.  Yet you think Tanny put his name and job on the line for Rex or whoever.  You draft someone its and thats your job, its your pick to matter who whispered in your ear

And Tanny I guess has fooled everyone.  He was hired by one team to oversee their team because he was a numbers guy and is on ESPN as one of their personnel analysts because hes a numbers guy too.  

1 hour ago, jeTMAC said:

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me!!! No thx

Bringing him back wasnt the point.

Its that he never won and the Jets lost because of his mouth.

Just like admitting this doesnt mean you want him back. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company