Ohhthepain

Rex Ryan: The Jets are still my team, and they will always be my team.

I would like to have Rex back as well along with the well stated position that he will not pick the players. A situation like the Giants has with George Young + Bill Parcells would be ideal. Rex and a excellent GM like George Young or Ron Wolf would transform this team into a winner for a sustained period of time. Hopefully Joe Douglas is our Young or Wolf 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Neither were GMs and Jets fans like to credit their HCs with either running the draft or ruining it.  Yeah, Rex sat at the draft and screamed John Conner and Tanny gave it to him a bottom of the draft pick, not the same as building the teams

Rex of course wasn't 100% responsible, but he had personnel input. And you're wrong if you think his only input was yelling about Terminator at the end of the draft one year. He is partly to blame for how that team unfolded 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why is @T0mShane  a NY Jets fan he seems to hate everything good about this team. 

For the same reason you’re still able to shop in the Men’s section at Target

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not a Target shopper dude I prefer Macy's mens department or Kohl's mens department for my clothing, sadly you've been banned from both stores is the word for mens bathroom activities not complying with store policy.  Did you actually run a business from both bathrooms that you advertised on Craigslist. What the hell is wrong with you man. (even though sometimes dresses as a woman) 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

And loiter near the changing rooms.

Listen up dude word is you loiter near the women's sanitary products isle and the pharmacists have called the police numerous times and you always say to them you are friends with Kellen Winslow Jr. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What does gender neutral dressing rooms have to do with your Jets fandom?

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Listen up dude word is you loiter near the women's sanitary products isle and the pharmacists have called the police numerous times and you always say to them you are friends with Kellen Winslow Jr. 

Any time someone starts a sentence with "Listen up", I feel I am next going to hear some flowery poetry.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Any time someone starts a sentence with "Listen up", I feel I am next going to hear some flowery poetry.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Must be the company you keep or your social avenue of friends or both. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not a Target shopper dude I prefer Macy's mens department or Kohl's mens department for my clothing, sadly you've been banned from both stores is the word for mens bathroom activities not complying with store policy.  Did you actually run a business from both bathrooms that you advertised on Craigslist. What the hell is wrong with you man. (even though sometimes dresses as a woman

Kohls... Lol.

36 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Rex of course wasn't 100% responsible, but he had personnel input. And you're wrong if you think his only input was yelling about Terminator at the end of the draft one year. He is partly to blame for how that team unfolded 

Every HC discusses position preferences etc. 

Ultimately, just like with other teams, the picks are made by the GM, the rebuild is on the GM, thats all I'm saying

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Target has a mens section?

2 hours ago, Drums said:

So then just make him a DC

That would deprive the entire team of Rex's over all fire and fun approach to the game.  You need Rex as the personality and swagger of the franchise.  You want him up on the podium in front of the team and the media.

4 hours ago, heymangold said:

the end of Rex's tenure completely ruined what he had accomplished.  he brought us to 2 straight AFC title games.  if it weren't for the buttfumble and then the geno smith debacle and getting punched in the face, he'd be the best coach we've had here in a LONG time.

Geno got punched under Bowles’ watch 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

30% off

Still too expensive for sweat shop quality rags.

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Still too expensive for sweat shop quality rags.

Everything you buy today in the clothing industry seems that way. 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Rex was better than Bowles and better than Gase so far. Not saying much but there it is.

if snachez didnt suck so bad we could have won 2 damn superbowls..

THAT IS CRAZY RIGHT?

SamDarnold on those teams would have gone all the way. I love to ahve Rex back. It was crazy toward the end but def better HC that the last two.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Yeah but you hate the Jets, he loves men....

WRONG says the guy/girl with the Colin Kaepernick avatar and 203 posts. 

• Confused 1

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

What’s wrong with Kaep? 

Nothing other than he refuses to stand for the National Anthem. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nothing other than he refuses to stand for the National Anthem. 

What if he did that shirtless?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if he did that shirtless?

You have his shirtless poster in your bedroom don't you. 

I would love to have a couple beers with Rex. Guy made me PROUD to be a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ghost said:

I would love to have a couple beers with Rex. Guy made me PROUD to be a Jets fan. 

I did at a concert at PNC Holmdel N.J and sat with him at a youth football camp his son and my son were at, nice guy down to earth. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Rex ran the Mangini/Tanny team better than Mangini could have.  Problem was, as Rex generated excitement with his championship game appearance, Johnson and Tanny gave Rex more and more control over the roster.  I call Rex an "emotional reactionary" when it comes to players.  Letting Rex have some input on players is a good thing, but giving him total control of the roster guarantees disaster.  

Mangini as GM and director of player personnel with a lawyer behind him for contact language

Rex as HC

Pick an OC who can get you a quick, explosive lead so the defense can pin their ears back. 

This is completely insane and manufactured from pure fandom.

Mangini was 8-3 until Favre’s arm gave out. Rex did well the first two years but that didn’t give him roster control. Tanny was known for being a push over. It’s really that simple. 

Getting Mangini as a personnel man is fantasy as well as Rex as HC or DC or anything affiliated with NYJ. 

Not to shoot down your hopes and prayers but it’s just not ideal nor’ realistic.

6 hours ago, Jet Life said:

He did good taking over a well built Mangini team and then ran it into the ground. Then when on to fail in Buffalo. Not the guy you want leading a rebuild. I’ll always be thankful for those 2 years though. 

It was never supposed to be his job to build the roster. Maybe for once in our franchises history we could hire competent talent evaluators and negotiators. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Rex Ryan on Costellos podcast.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/14/listen-to-episode-8-of-gangs-all-here-gase-gets-vote-of-confidence-feat-rex-ryan/amp/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons&__twitter_impression=true

So much passion, and love for this city and fanbase. Bring this man back already...you know for the rebuild in 2021.

I celebrate your courage for saying such a thing in front of this audience. I completely agree as well. I really don't care what the yahoos on this site would like to day otherwise. The FACT is, Rex Ryan is a WAY better HC than Toilet and Gase combined. He's also the third BEST HC the Jets have ever had. 

• Post of the Week 1