Jets attending the Kaepernick workout

Rhg1084

I don't think there's a chance in hell Woody-TrumpsBuddy-Johnson allows this signing.

I don't know if anyone will sign him..there won't be any coaches or GMs there. It's likely an appeasance and/or a PR stunt. Done on a Saturday instead of a Tuesday, when HC/GM etc. are available, last minute for everyone, etc.

3 minutes ago, isired said:

I would think you and your child would be against police brutality as well. It makes his/her job that much harder and more dangerous, no?

Its really not a 'political belief' - he wasn't protesting police. He was protesting police brutality / deaths of African Americans while in custody and racism.

It's not that simple. Because of this jackass the 99.9% of police officers who do the right thing everyday and protect the public are spit on and verbally abused by some idiots. Hate the guy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 3

So if anyone wants to debate non-football issues this isn't the place for it.

If anyone wants to discuss the on the field ramifications of a signing like this, go for it.

The political stuff though not here, we don't want to ban people so just walk away

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Honestly, if this guy wants to kneel during the national anthem .... who cares? If he doesn’t support the police or the troops ... again who cares. That’s what’s great about this country you can believe and do whatever you want. Everyone getting all crazy he takes a knee being a bit too sensitive. Let him do whatever he wants

Right, and take the consequences.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, isired said:

I don't think there's a chance in hell Woody-TrumpsBuddy-Johnson allows this signing.

I don't know if anyone will sign him..there won't be any coaches or GMs there. It's likely an appeasance and/or a PR stunt. Done on a Saturday instead of a Tuesday, when HC/GM etc. are available, last minute for everyone, etc.

When talking about Adams this week and saying he wanted him to be a "Jet for life" CJ went on record to say that ultimately it's JDs call as to who is on the 53.

I would love to see us sign Kaep just to test that statement and to see CJ and WJ duke it out like two little girls.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, isired said:

So much for no politics 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Let’s forget the off the field stuff, and talk football. What could be realistic expectations of him as a QB at this point? Can he start? Can he be a franchise QB? Is he a backup?

He was a back up when he left the league and hasn’t played in years. This is nothing more then a stunt with hopes he gets signed, creates a bunch of news and sells a ton of jerseys. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's paid the price for his stupidity (political beliefs aside). So I'm fine with giving him a chance.

The main reason I'd oppose Kap is because the extreme liberal parts of the media will demand he gets the start the second Darnold throws his first INT. 

Signing this scrub who hasn't played in 3 years wouldn't be worth the circus it would cause. This season is essentially over anyway. The only thing that is important for the remainder is to see how how/if Darnold progresses. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

It was bad enough having Michael Vick play for the Jets.  I have been a season ticket holder for 38 years.  I travel from Florida for all home games.  If the Jets sign him I will sadly not support this team. 

Comparing a protester to a convicted dog abuser/killer.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Haha 1

He was a back up when he left the league and hasn’t played in years. This is nothing more then a stunt with hopes he gets signed, creates a bunch of news and sells a ton of jerseys. 
In 2016, his last year in the league, Blaine Gabbert started the first 5 games, Kaepernick started the rest of the way.

He played in 12 games, 11 starts, 16 TD / 4 INT. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great, but if that's the guy he is, he's in the top 45 QB in the league, at worst.

As I said before, that's a HUGE 'if'. He hasn't played in 3 years, and he's 32 years old.

2 minutes ago, isired said:

In 2016, his last year in the league, Blaine Gabbert started the first 5 games, Kaepernick started the rest of the way.

He played in 12 games, 11 starts, 16 TD / 4 INT. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great, but if that's the guy he is, he's in the top 45 QB in the league, at worst.

As I said before, that's a HUGE 'if'. He hasn't played in 3 years, and he's 32 years old.

That’s the biggest issue