Browns cut WR Antonio Callaway

Untouchable

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, it's the greedy cops and firemen. That's our problem.

Im not blaming the people collecting, I'm blaming the system public employees should not get WEALTHIER when they retire. 

My cousin was a corrections officer & pounded his overtime & is now retired making over 100,000 a year in pension, he moved to some cheap farm in the Poconos, buying all kinds of toys, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, and he's 55. Now the tax payers from Suffolk County are on the hook for maybe 40 years & he isn't even spending the money in NY. 

How about the Massachusetts Troopers caught padding their overtime so they could get higher pension benefits. It's a huge problem & needs to be nipped in the bud! I also know personally fireman on disability who first thing they did was buy a boat move out to the end of Long Island & Ski. Sorry, I don't think that's fair to the hard working taxpayer & it's been going on for years, especially in the Northeast. 

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Im not blaming the people collecting, I'm blaming the system public employees should not get WEALTHIER when they retire. 

My cousin was a corrections officer & pounded his overtime & is now retired making over 100,000 a year in pension, he moved to some cheap farm in the Poconos, buying all kinds of toys, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, and he's 55. Now the tax payers from Suffolk County are on the hook for maybe 40 years & he isn't even spending the money in NY. 

How about the Massachusetts Troopers caught padding their overtime so they could get higher pension benefits. It's a huge problem & needs to be nipped in the bud! I also know personally fireman on disability who first thing they did was buy a boat move out to the end of Long Island & Ski. Sorry, I don't think that's fair to the hard working taxpayer & it's been going on for years, especially in the Northeast. 

Sounds like someone is pissed that 

A. The Northeast is grossly overtaxed and

B. They didn't go to Police/Fire academy. 

Wow, their OT is pensionable? Not bad! I pay 13.4% into my pension and OT isn't pensionable income. And our pension is solvent and a net zero for City residents. But I dont work in overtaxed, nanny state NY or Taxachussetts so, I'm thinking your annoyance is misdirected... 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Sounds like someone is pissed that 

A. The Northeast is grossly overtaxed and

B. They didn't go to Police/Fire academy. 

Wow, their OT is pensionable? Not bad! I pay 13.4% into my pension and OT isn't pensionable income. And our pension is solvent and a net zero for City residents. But I dont work in overtaxed, nanny state NY or Taxachussetts so, I'm thinking your annoyance is misdirected... 

Funny that we should be discussing this & the headline in the Boston Globe today, Feds investigating Boston Police overtime scam. It never freaking ends! Yes, I'm pissed, I've been self employed for 35 years, pay my self employment tax, my own healthcare which Public employees never ADD to their overall income when they go on strike for higher pay, and I'm tired of the f*cking whining of these people. Did you know that state & federal employees now outnumber the private sector? This wasn't what our forefathers had in mind & why they always warned of letting government getting too large. The country is now biased for its own good, not the good of the entire country. You thought the last recession was a doozy? Wait until this next one comes with Trillions in student debt, credit card debt, the US governments debt, car loan debt, and the entire Housing Market again falsely inflated with low interest rates. You better be in cash if your trying to time the market. 

Oh, but that D.C. Corridor will do just fine because they'll still be paying those tax payer funded salaries. That last recession was the worst since the Great Depression but DC & surrounding Maryland & Virginia didn't even know we were in a recession. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Funny that we should be discussing this & the headline in the Boston Globe today, Feds investigating Boston Police overtime scam. It never freaking ends! Yes, I'm pissed, I've been self employed for 35 years, pay my self employment tax, my own healthcare which Public employees never ADD to their overall income when they go on strike for higher pay, and I'm tired of the f*cking whining of these people. Did you know that state & federal employees now outnumber the private sector? This wasn't what our forefathers had in mind & why they always warned of letting government getting too large. The country is now biased for its own good, not the good of the entire country. You thought the last recession was a doozy? Wait until this next one comes with Trillions in student debt, credit card debt, the US governments debt, car loan debt, and the entire Housing Market again falsely inflated with low interest rates. You better be in cash if your trying to time the market. 

Oh, but that D.C. Corridor will do just fine because they'll still be paying those tax payer funded salaries. That last recession was the worst since the Great Depression but DC & surrounding Maryland & Virginia didn't even know we were in a recession. 

We are broke not even considering the huge unfunded liability bomb, and the solution being peddled is more government (services)  We are in a decline that will happen at an exponential rate imo

• Upvote 1