Jump to content
Darnold Schwarzenegger

Steelers V Browns TNF

Recommended Posts

Not saying what Garrett did was right by swinging a helmet but Mason Rudolph aint some saint in this either. He rried ripping garretts helmer off and kicked him in the groin.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Rudolph was going after him though.  I see no way that Garrett gets charged for this.  None.  

Especially considering neither Rudolph nor the Steelers seem to be all that upset about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see how the NFL and NFL pundits/analysts can constantly drone on about head injuries, CTE, etc. and go lightly on this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Not saying what Garrett did was right by swinging a helmet but Mason Rudolph aint some saint in this either. He rried ripping garretts helmer off and kicked him in the groin.

Where did you see that? I have not seen any video showing anything close to that. I saw Garrett take him down after he threw the ball, wrestled him down and threw him, got on top of him and satyed on top, when a steelers lineman helped pull Garret off of him, he got up and was yelling at him as Garret ripped his helmet off by his facemask and swung it as hard as he could at his head. I saw nothing close to what yu mentioned

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Where did you see that? I have not seen any video showing anything close to that. I saw Garrett take him down after he threw the ball, wrestled him down and threw him, got on top of him and satyed on top, when a steelers lineman helped pull Garret off of him, he got up and was yelling at him as Garret ripped his helmet off by his facemask and swung it as hard as he could at his head. I saw nothing close to what yu mentioned

 

Rudolph was in fact pulling on Garretts helmet as the 2 wrestled to the ground. I saw the back of Garrett's helmet was lifted way up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Rudolph was in fact pulling on Garretts helmet as the 2 wrestled to the ground. I saw the back of Garrett's helmet was lifted way up. 

Garrett was on top of him pinning him to the ground not letting him get up, the previous poster made it sound like Rudolph just went and nut kicked him and ripped his facemask off. Garrett started the entire thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Garrett was on top of him pinning him to the ground not letting him get up, the previous poster made it sound like Rudolph just went and nut kicked him and ripped his facemask off. Garrett started the entire thing

Garrett also lifted him off the ground by his face mask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Not saying what Garrett did was right by swinging a helmet but Mason Rudolph aint some saint in this either. He rried ripping garretts helmer off and kicked him in the groin.

How the hell do you kick somebody in the groin when you are flat on your back and they are on top of you, grabing your helmet.  I see Mason try to grab the helmet, I see Garrett grab Rudoph's helmet right back and then Mason flailing with his legs to get away.  It's instantaneous.  Where was the movement upward?  It was a pushing off the get away from the growing dogpile he was under.  I see people acting lie he waited till Garrett's back was turned.  But Garrett pulls at almost the exact time he pushes.  Rudolph overreacted but he wasn't like some sore loser trying to get in a cheap shot out of anger.  That was what Garrett did.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Where did you see that? I have not seen any video showing anything close to that. I saw Garrett take him down after he threw the ball, wrestled him down and threw him, got on top of him and satyed on top, when a steelers lineman helped pull Garret off of him, he got up and was yelling at him as Garret ripped his helmet off by his facemask and swung it as hard as he could at his head. I saw nothing close to what yu mentioned

 

Look harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

How the hell do you kick somebody in the groin when you are flat on your back and they are on top of you, grabing your helmet.  I see Mason try to grab the helmet, I see Garrett grab Rudoph's helmet right back and then Mason flailing with his legs to get away.  It's instantaneous.  Where was the movement upward?  It was a pushing off the get away from the growing dogpile he was under.  I see people acting lie he waited till Garrett's back was turned.  But Garrett pulls at almost the exact time he pushes.  Rudolph overreacted but he wasn't like some sore loser trying to get in a cheap shot out of anger.  That was what Garrett did.

 

6e4e75bf-4311-49c9-a511-4aeeefe93dde-1024x514.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Look harder.

OK, I watched it in slow mo and yeah, while he is trying to get Garrett off of him he does kick him, but to me it looks like an attempt to get Garrett off of him. Garrett laid on top of him and held him down while he had his facemask. Garrett started the entire thing, and then took it way too far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Especially considering neither Rudolph nor the Steelers seem to be all that upset about it. 

I always find it strange when they act like "throwing a punch" at an NFL player is such a big deal.  You spend most of your life flying around with your full body weight behind a shoulder aiming to kill a guy and then some flat footed roundhouse swing is unconscionable because "it was with a closed fist!"  I get that they have to come down fairly hard on the guy because this was well outside of the play, but I'm not sure how far they have to go.  My favorite part was actually Ogunjobi dumping Rudolph as  he ran up to the scuffle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

OK, I watched it in slow mo and yeah, while he is trying to get Garrett off of him he does kick him, but to me it looks like an attempt to get Garrett off of him. Garrett laid on top of him and held him down while he had his facemask. Garrett started the entire thing, and then took it way too far

Mason Rudolph also tried to rip garretts helmet off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

 

6e4e75bf-4311-49c9-a511-4aeeefe93dde-1024x514.png

Yeah,  Garrett was grabbing him and pulling him upward while Rudolph was pinned underneath,  He was trying to pull the helmet off and Rudolph was pushing away repeatedly, Garret was trying to pull his head off.  How else was he supposed to get up with no leverage.... bench press him?  Mason pushed out as Garret pulls up.  Garrett was already trying to pull his helmet off.. it was Rudolph getting up and charging at him that caused Garret to go bonkers.  Did Garrett specifically say "oh he tried to hit me in the balls?"  It's like trying to describe a key stone cops routine.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I always find it strange when they act like "throwing a punch" at an NFL player is such a big deal.  You spend most of your life flying around with your full body weight behind a shoulder aiming to kill a guy and then some flat footed roundhouse swing is unconscionable because "it was with a closed fist!"  I get that they have to come down fairly hard on the guy because this was well outside of the play, but I'm not sure how far they have to go.  My favorite part was actually Ogunjobi dumping Rudolph as  he ran up to the scuffle. 

I mean I'd rather get hit by a swinging helmet than a closed fist punch from Miles Garrett (which could actually kill you).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I always find it strange when they act like "throwing a punch" at an NFL player is such a big deal.  You spend most of your life flying around with your full body weight behind a shoulder aiming to kill a guy and then some flat footed roundhouse swing is unconscionable because "it was with a closed fist!"  I get that they have to come down fairly hard on the guy because this was well outside of the play, but I'm not sure how far they have to go.  My favorite part was actually Ogunjobi dumping Rudolph as  he ran up to the scuffle. 

That was well beyond throwing a punch, if he hit him the way he intended to he could have left him brain damaged or killed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I'd like to point out...  How the hell do we even know that Rudolph can even SEE Garrett's groin when he's being pulled around like a trout being beheaded.  How do we know its not an automatic panic response to just get away.  His neck is being pullled at another angle in behind his face mask so who knows what his line of sight was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

That was well beyond throwing a punch, if he hit him the way he intended to he could have left him brain damaged or killed him. 

I spent most of my life being the "defenseless receiver:" that now cause them to dole those 15 yard penalties out.  I would take my chances with a swinging helmet or Myles Garrett's fist.  Especially considering that the guy was facing him and coming at him.  If the helmet is a "deadly weapon" then maybe the NFL needs to look at their protective equipment.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I spent most of my life being the "defenseless receiver:" that cause them to dole those 15 yard penalties out.  I would take my chances with a swinging helmet or Myles Garrett's fist.  Especially considering that the guy was facing him and coming at him.  If the helmet is a "deadly weapon" then maybe the NFL needs to look at their protective equipment.  

A car can be a deadly weapon if used as one, should we stop driving? Give me a break. The guy took a heavy, solid object designed for protection and swung it as hard as he could for someones head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Where did you see that? I have not seen any video showing anything close to that. I saw Garrett take him down after he threw the ball, wrestled him down and threw him, got on top of him and satyed on top, when a steelers lineman helped pull Garret off of him, he got up and was yelling at him as Garret ripped his helmet off by his facemask and swung it as hard as he could at his head. I saw nothing close to what yu mentioned

 

It’s there he did it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah,  Garrett was grabbing him and pulling him upward while Rudolph was pinned underneath,  He was trying to pull the helmet off and Rudolph was pushing away repeatedly, Garret was trying to pull his head off.  How else was he supposed to get up with no leverage.... bench press him?  Mason pushed out as Garret pulls up.  Garrett was already trying to pull his helmet off.. it was Rudolph getting up and charging at him that caused Garret to go bonkers.  Did Garrett specifically say "oh he tried to hit me in the balls?"  It's like trying to describe a key stone cops routine.

Mason Rudolph  tried oulling garrets helmet off whne he tackled him. Im not defending what garrett did but Rudolph isnt a saint here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Y3k said:

I almost feel like the Browns will have to cut Garrett 

Sign this beast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Horror of horrors!!!!

C'mon man, it's football. News flash. Defensive players try to intimidate QBs.

Google Ben Davidson hitting Joe Namath. Y.A. Tittle on his knee, forehead split open.

Lyle Alzado ripping off Chris Ward's helmet and throwing at him in the 1982 playoffs.

 

Great Jets win vs Raiders BTW.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Mason Rudolph  tried oulling garrets helmet off whne he tackled him. Im not defending what garrett did but Rudolph isnt a saint here

I didn’t see Rudolph do anything until he hit the ground 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Mason Rudolph  tried oulling garrets helmet off whne he tackled him. Im not defending what garrett did but Rudolph isnt a saint here

I'm not either.  I'm just saying is we don't have a first account of the event as to what happened.  His face is totally covered when Garrett has both hands on his helmet.  He could have his eyes closed in pain for all we know.  Rudolph started acting crazy and help helped kick off the whole thing.  But I just don't like adding, "oh well he kicked  him in the balls," when Garrett was already well on his way to doing what he did.  And we don't know if it's just a reaction.  Rudolph grabbing at Garrett's face mask started it and running up like a angry kid is what caused the clubbing.  But we don't know if Garrett was pissed off because Rudolph made direct contact with his cojones.  Or that he threatened him that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If Mason Rudolph grabbed Garrett by the balls, that should also carry a steep fine and suspension. Don't touch someone's genitals. 

You are obviously not JN moderator material.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

A car can be a deadly weapon if used as one, should we stop driving? Give me a break. The guy took a heavy, solid object designed for protection and swung it as hard as he could for someones head. 

Talk about give me a break.  Stop acting like the ******* guy is swinging a machete.  Newsflash, if I am standing on the corner and you run up at me like that, I probably get away with swinging the machete.  I am not trying to say that Garrett was in the right, or shouldn't be facing a hefty fine and considerable suspension, but I read some of this sh*t before I watched it and I was not as horrified as the rest of you.  That guy is trying to kill Mason Rudolph on every play.  This is not such a wild step out of character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Talk about give me a break.  Stop acting like the ******* guy is swinging a machete.  Newsflash, if I am standing on the corner and you run up at me like that, I probably get away with swinging the machete.  I am not trying to say that Garrett was in the right, or shouldn't be facing a hefty fine and considerable suspension, but I read some of this sh*t before I watched it and I was not as horrified as the rest of you.  That guy is trying to kill Mason Rudolph on every play.  This is not such a wild step out of character.

Oh, OK, got it. Since it wasn't a machete, and you weren't horrified, its not that big of a deal. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Oh, OK, got it. Since it wasn't a machete, and you weren't horrified, its not that big of a deal. Carry on.

It is a big deal.  It can be a big deal without jumping up and down screaming "DEADLY WEAPON!" and "HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" every post.  I repeat, if the helmets are deadly weapons, the NFL should not be handing them out to homicidal maniacs.  If I am attorney for Mason Rudolph's estate if he were killed by that blow, you can bet that would be my number 1 cause of action against the NFL - not Myles Garrett.  They could be wearing foam helmets like Mark Kelso.  The NFL didn't like that because it made their "gladiators" look like the Great Gazoo, and this league loves their violent cracking sounds.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

It is a big deal.  It can be a big deal without jumping up and down screaming "DEADLY WEAPON!" and "HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!" every post.  I repeat, if the helmets are deadly weapons, the NFL should not be handing them out to homicidal maniacs.  If I am attorney for Mason Rudolph's estate if he were killed by that blow, you can bet that would be my number 1 cause of action against the NFL - not Myles Garrett.  They could be wearing foam helmets like Mark Kelso.  The NFL didn't like that because it made their "gladiators" look like the Great Gazoo, and this league loves their violent cracking sounds.

Wow..... So lets just get something straight, can we? If a drunk driver kills someone by hitting them with a car, is Ford at fault? Or is it the State in which the accident happened for allowing car's to be driven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Not saying what Garrett did was right by swinging a helmet but Mason Rudolph aint some saint in this either. He rried ripping garretts helmer off and kicked him in the groin.

He might get a fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Mason Rudolph also tried to rip garretts helmet off.

Schefter just said that some have said that Rudolph's hand (look at his glove hand) was stuck in Garret's facemask and he was trying to get it dislodged.

It is difficult to tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...