Jump to content
Darnold Schwarzenegger

Steelers V Browns TNF

Recommended Posts

I’m kinda new here, but do we get extra points for arguing relentlessly about insanely irrelevant acts or ideas?

’cause I’m IN!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Wow..... So lets just get something straight, can we? If a drunk driver kills someone by hitting them with a car, is Ford at fault? Or is it the State in which the accident happened for allowing car's to be driven?

What is this?  Some community college course for paralegals?  It is not even remotely the same thing.  If the drunk driver slams into a tree and their passenger is killed by the airbag?  You can damn well bet that Ford is going to be on the hook for that.  Takata too, that is why there have been all those recalls.  Safety equipment is supposed to make people safer, not make cause injury, and certainly not provide a deadly weapon to people that are literally trying to hit each other as hard as they can 60 + times a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Irktusk1957 said:

I’m kinda new here, but do we get extra points for arguing relentlessly about insanely irrelevant acts or ideas?

’csuse I’m IN!

If you make us laugh, sure.  Sorry I have not been particularly amusing today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Irktusk1957 said:

I’m kinda new here, but do we get extra points for arguing relentlessly about insanely irrelevant acts or ideas?

’cause I’m IN!

Then... Man Up!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I mean, it’s a damned hard defense to use but Fighting Words is most definitely a thing. 

Not really. It's a myth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Schefter just said that some have said that Rudolph's hand (look at his glove hand) was stuck in Garret's facemask and he was trying to get it dislodged.

It is difficult to tell

Who knows. Garrett is done as he should be

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you make us laugh, sure.  Sorry I have not been particularly amusing today.

You need a snickers Dom.

You're not you when you're hungry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is this?  Some community college course for paralegals?  It is not even remotely the same thing.  If the drunk driver slams into a tree and their passenger is killed by the airbag?  You can damn well bet that Ford is going to be on the hook for that.  Takata too, that is why there have been all those recalls.  Safety equipment is supposed to make people safer, not make cause injury, and certainly not provide a deadly weapon to people that are literally trying to hit each other as hard as they can 60 + times a week. 

Wow, youre delusional, honestly not worth the time. Carry on, no biggie, NFL's fault for giving the helmet, not Garrett......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

You need a snickers Dom.

You're not you when you're hungry.

Sorry.  I have six slices of homemade pizza I am about to heat up.  3 Margherita and 3 marscapone, rucola and balsamic glaze.  I won't be hungry long, but I doubt it will make me any more amusing.

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Wow, youre delusional, honestly not worth the time. Carry on, no biggie, NFL's fault for giving the helmet, not Garrett......

I do not believe that I once gave Garrett a pass.  I just said that all your deadly weapon histrionics are over the top.  My comments about safety equipment and the auto industry are 100% correct.  If you want to bring up the overly hot McDonald's coffee, I can probably do a quick 10 pager on it during lunch.  For the sake of the board, please don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Rudolph was going after him though.  I see no way that Garrett gets charged for this.  None.  

That has no legal standing.  What he did was assault.  It all depends on if Rudolph presses charges.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

That has no legal standing.  What he did was assault.  It all depends on if Rudolph presses charges.  

This has gone way beyond tiresome, but isn't it an affirmative defense?  I can't imagine that Rudolph will, so it won't matter anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry.  I have six slices of homemade pizza I am about to heat up.  3 Margherita and 3 marscapone, rucola and balsamic glaze.  I won't be hungry long, but I doubt it will make me any more amusing.

I do not believe that I once gave Garrett a pass.  I just said that all your deadly weapon histrionics are over the top.  My comments about safety equipment and the auto industry are 100% correct.  If you want to bring up the overly hot McDonald's coffee, I can probably do a quick 10 pager on it during lunch.  For the sake of the board, please don't. 

Ill pass, thanks. Enjoy your pizzas

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

 Wrong. Garrett insisted on taking the QB to the ground even though he released the ball 5 seconds prior and the play was 30 yards away at the time. There was no need for any of that especially with 5 seconds to go in the game. He instigated the whole thing and then lost his mind. Embarrassing display. 

Did y'all watch the same video? Why are people insisting on bringing that up as a dirty play? Myles Garrett got to Mason right after he released the ball. And it wasnt even like he drove him down with all his weight on him. He turned and Mason fell on top of him.

That was a football play. Hardly malicious or egregious. Mason was the one upset and wanted to take it outside of football and make it a fight.

He wanted the smoke, well he got it 🤷🏽‍♂️

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This has gone way beyond tiresome, but isn't it an affirmative defense?  I can't imagine that Rudolph will, so it won't matter anyway.

Its not a defense at all.  His agent says they are exploring all options.  Hopefully he files a report.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King P said:

Did y'all watch the same video? Why are people insisting on bringing that up as a dirty play? Myles Garrett got to Mason right after he released the ball. And it wasnt even like he drove him down with all his weight on him. He turned and Mason fell on top of him.

That was a football play. Hardly malicious or egregious. Mason was the one upset and wanted to take it outside of football and make it a fight.

He wanted the smoke, well he got it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Stupid take.  

  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This feels like a personal attack.

Not sure I’ve ever seen you “argue” to be honest. Facts may may hurt someone’s buzz, but jeez...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, King P said:

Did y'all watch the same video? Why are people insisting on bringing that up as a dirty play? Myles Garrett got to Mason right after he released the ball. And it wasnt even like he drove him down with all his weight on him. He turned and Mason fell on top of him.

That was a football play. Hardly malicious or egregious. Mason was the one upset and wanted to take it outside of football and make it a fight.

He wanted the smoke, well he got it 🤷🏽‍♂️

He was trying to wrestle him to the ground 5 seconds after the ball was out of the QB's hand. The play was 30 yards away and he was still trying to tackle him. It was a stupid and unnecessary play in the era of protecting the QB, the outcome of the game was not in doubt. I was watching it live and have seen the video 100 times already. What were you watching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think Gase is bad, this is what Kitchens said in the postgame press conference:

Press: Do you think there is a systemic problem on your team?

Freddie Kitchens: I'm not smart enough to know what that means.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He was trying to wrestle him to the ground 5 seconds after the ball was out of the QB's hand. The play was 30 yards away and he was still trying to tackle him. It was a stupid and unnecessary play in the era of protecting the QB, the outcome of the game was not in doubt. I was watching it live and have seen the video 100 times already. What were you watching?

I watched the whole thing in live time too and then many times on video as well.

He was already in the act of tackling him as Mason was throwing the ball. There was no way to stop it by that point. You guys, like most people in football, must have failed science class because y'all somehow think the laws of physics don't apply in football. Like a defender can run full speed to a QB then immediately stop in his tracks after the QB gets the ball out of his hands. He had to follow through and finish his motions. If he through Mason down full force you'd have a point. But he turned and allowed Mason to fall on top of him

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tough guy football fan, two days ago: The game is too pussified; millenials are pukes

 

Tough guy football fan: Gosh, I hope that gentleman has a good lawyer so he can sue everybody oh no I’m lactating as I type this on my bedazzled flip phone 

That 70S Show Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Tough guy football fan, two days ago: The game is too pussified; millenials are pukes

 

Tough guy football fan, today: Gosh, I hope that gentleman has a good lawyer so he can sue everybody oh no I’m lactating as I type this on my bedazzled flip phone 

Lmao.

I love you T0m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

If you think Gase is bad, this is what Kitchens said in the postgame press conference:

Press: Do you think there is a systemic problem on your team?

Freddie Kitchens: I'm not smart enough to know what that means.

bb20 pov GIF by Big Brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Tough guy football fan, two days ago: The game is too pussified; millenials are pukes

 

Tough guy football fan, today: Gosh, I hope that gentleman has a good lawyer so he can sue everybody oh no I’m lactating as I type this on my bedazzled flip phone 

JetNation poster 1 week ago: The plane/banner is embarrassing to me as a Jet fan.

Same JetNation poster today: After seeing Myles Garrett's behavior last night, I now understand what it really means for a fan of a team to be embarrassed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Wow, youre delusional, honestly not worth the time. Carry on, no biggie, NFL's fault for giving the helmet, not Garrett......

seriously.....if this were the case we should start suing steel companies for supplying the metal that makes the frames for cars that are involved in fatal car accidents

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Irktusk1957 said:

I’m kinda new here, but do we get extra points for arguing relentlessly about insanely irrelevant acts or ideas?

’cause I’m IN!

Only if people quote you.

(see what I did there)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...