Steelers V Browns TNF

9 minutes ago, Y3k said:

That needs to be a lifetime ban for Garret, that’s attempted murder 

respect for puncey for protecting his QB

Two thoughts specific to Mason. Everybody knows that guy is recovering from a vicious concussion. Also, who hits somebody in the head with a helmet and the other guy is not even wearing a helmet? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Big props to Mayfield for condemning Garrett in the post game interview. 

I still can’t figure Baker out. Part of me wants to love him and part of me wants to hate him.

It’s not hard to get on my good side. Don’t be a douche bag and play good football.

You’re in.

• Upvote 1

I love big hits on the field but that is a disgrace.

When I want to watch violence, I watch MMA. 

Garrett is so talented and a beast on the field, but that is an actual crime with a weapon. Rudolph just got out of concussion protocol less than 2 weeks ago and pushing this aside as minimal by the league should not be done. Even the remainder of the season off is getting off easy. Pure scummy move. 

And I’m sorry, but anyone saying “that was cool” with witty comments looking for internet and rec points to make sure you get those likes so you can get a pat on your shoulder from yourself or other likeminded people  it’s not funny, it’s actually pretty pathetic  

grow up  

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, it was gross. On the other hand, it’s what the league has been missing since Ronnie Lott and Mike Singletary retired and it’s what every dudebro who’s ever complained about the league getting too soft has been begging for. If this was Quinnen and Tom Brady getting after it, Jets fans would be erecting a bronze Q. Williams statue outside of MetLife before the final whistle sounded 

I want to agree with you. Really.

But there is a big difference between smacking Tom Brady in the head and smacking Mason Rudolph in the head. The statue for Quinnen Williams would have been erected by 25-28 teams in the NFL. Mason was a helmet-less dude who suffered one of the worst concussions I’ve ever seen just a few weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

Wow...just saw the Garrett thing.

He's an incredible player, but he's a dirty player with clear control issues.

Remember his late hits that knocked Siemian out for the year? Bizarrely, he got away largely unpunished and un-condemned for that.

He's not getting away with this. Lengthy ban and possible criminal charges to follow.

What a dick.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I want to agree with you. Really.

But there is a big difference between smacking Tom Brady in the head and smacking Mason Rudolph in the head. The statue for Quinnen Williams would have been erected by 25-28 teams in the NFL. Mason was a helmet-less dude who suffered one of the worst concussions I’ve ever seen just a few weeks ago. 

This is going to sound like a cynical douche thing (surprise!) but Garrett just did Rudolph a huge favor. Dude threw four picks and was never going to see the field again, because his backup is allegedly better than he is, but Garrett smacking him likely bought Rudolph a few more starts because now he’s a Pittsburgh icon for showing extreme toughness. Without exaggeration, ESPN has shown the helmet swipe 75 times in the fifteen minutes since the game ended. There’ll be a ton of pearl-clutching, but there are a lot of people invested in NFL broadcast ratings and marketing who are popping champagne right now. The next Steelers-Browns game is going to do massive numbers. 

8 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

At least we aren't there Browns.

Let’s be real. The Browns have 2 more wins than we do. Yet, they have immensely more talent.  Would Myles Garrett at Edge, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Kareem hunt, Chubb, both of their cornerbacks, etc. have significant roles on the New York Jets? 

Split second of madness that will haunt Garrett for the rest of his career. Suh still gets called dirty for stepping on players a few years back and Burfict got done for his rap sheet.

Pouncey as well is going to cop a suspension. Was it him who was kicking at Garrett when he was on the ground?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

NFL (this week): That was so disgusting oh my goodness I hope everyone involved gets suspended forever oh my god

NFL (for next three years): <Schedules Steelers-Browns into every available prime time slot and airs close-up footage of that fight in HD in very NFL-related promo moving forward for literally every NFL-related broadcast package until the end of time>

i hate that your 100% correct here

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is going to sound like a cynical douche thing (surprise!) but Garrett just did Rudolph a huge favor there. Dude threw four picks and was never going to see the field again, at least for this year because his backup is allegedly better than he is, but Garrett smacking him likely bought Rudolph a few more starts because now he’s a Pittsburgh icon for showing extreme toughness. Without exaggeration, ESPN has shown the helmet swipe 75 times in the fifteen minutes since the game ended. There will be a ton of pearl-clutching, but there are a lot of people invested in NFL broadcast ratings and marketing who are popping champagne right now. The best Steelers-Browns game is going to do massive numbers. 

I agree with you.

It sounds like a cynical douche thing.

?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Split second of madness that will haunt Garrett for the rest of his career. Suh still gets called dirty for stepping on players a few years back and Burfict got done for his rap sheet.

Pouncey as well is going to cop a suspension. Was it him who was kicking at Garrett when he was on the ground?

Pouncy has every right to do what he did. Smashing the qb in the head w/ his own helmet and u r fair game.  I wish pouncy would have seriously injured garrett.  He deserved it.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is going to sound like a cynical douche thing (surprise!) but Garrett just did Rudolph a huge favor there. Dude threw four picks and was never going to see the field again, at least for this year because his backup is allegedly better than he is, but Garrett smacking him likely bought Rudolph a few more starts because now he’s a Pittsburgh icon for showing extreme toughness. Without exaggeration, ESPN has shown the helmet swipe 75 times in the fifteen minutes since the game ended. There will be a ton of pearl-clutching, but there are a lot of people invested in NFL broadcast ratings and marketing who are popping champagne right now. The best Steelers-Browns game is going to do massive numbers. 

I hate ESPN but they have shown it over and over because I think people are just stunned by what just happened. Has that ever happened in the NFL? The was some dumb and reckless sh!t. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Saw that. That’s a tough call. I can’t say I am any better than Pouncey as I probably would’ve done the same thing. Seeing a helmet-less guy who just had a significant concussion get hit like that? COMMON

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let’s be real. The Browns have 2 more wins than we do. Yet, they have immensely more talent.  Would Myles Garrett at Edge, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Kareem hunt, Chubb, both of their cornerbacks, etc. have significant roles on the New York Jets? 

They are also a bunch of undisciplined animals.

• Upvote 1