Steelers V Browns TNF

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

They are also a bunch of undisciplined animals.

Not sure if you were being specific to the Browns, but if you are I tend to agree. The other interesting thing is that Gregg Williams is no longer there. And, he was the one most people suggested drove a headhunter mentality.

Snowflakes will be offended by the use of the word animals.

But I will be 110% supportive of the word disciplined.

34 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Just saw what Garrett did. Punk move. NFL should suspend him the rest of the season, at least. I don't know about American criminal law, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rudolph could complain to the local constabulary about that.

That's ADW in american criminal law.

7 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

He’s being interviewed on NFL network right now and said 

it was or of character, but a win is a win

and then had the nerve to say “It was an accident”

honestly is coming off as nonchalant and not really caring. 

dude won't be on the football field for a long long long time

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

I think Garrett is going to get the book thrown at him for this, but fair point. 

He absolutely will, and Goodell will give a nifty speech (that housewives across America will accept as sincere) before he returns to his office and dives into a vault full of new TV money like Scrooge McDuck

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

dude won't be on the football field for a long long long time

I believe this will be a 1 year ban.

- Eddie DeBartolo got 1 year for gambling.

- Williams/Payton got 1 year for Bountygate.

- Sal Alosi got an indefinite suspension for tripping a Dolphin.

What Garrett did was worse than any of these incidents.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Split second of madness that will haunt Garrett for the rest of his career. Suh still gets called dirty for stepping on players a few years back and Burfict got done for his rap sheet.

Pouncey as well is going to cop a suspension. Was it him who was kicking at Garrett when he was on the ground?

He has been playing dirty all year

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Appealed down to the remaining seven games of this year while everyone is focused on playoff seeding 

The rest of the season is a given.  The question is, how big a message does the league want to send?

Bountygate got the coaches a full season.  DeBartolo got a full year for gambling.  What we just saw is soooo much worse than that.  And unlike these suspensions tied to the legal system (wife abuse, car accidents, weapons) this one is 100% up to the league.  The punishment for something like this has to be very, very high.

Hey, if it's only 7 games, let's get Frankie Luvu to do it to Tom Brady.  Gofundme will cover his fine and salary.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The rest of the season is a given.  The question is, how big a message does the league want to send?

Bountygate got the coaches a full season.  DeBartolo got a full year for gambling.  What we just saw is soooo much worse than that.  And unlike these suspensions tied to the legal system (wife abuse, car accidents, weapons) this one is 100% up to the league.  The punishment for something like this has to be very, very high.

Hey, if it's only 7 games, let's get Frankie Luvu to do it to Tom Brady.  Gofundme will cover his fine and salary.

SAR I

I think an extenuating factor will be that Rudolph was ripping at Garrett’s head while they were on the ground. He’s not an entirely innocent bystander in all of this. Garrett will also help his cause because he’s an exceptionally articulate guy who will at least pretend to be contrite. I think we’ll see a bunch of sh*t in this weekend’s games that will be a lot more violent and endangering than what Garrett did, except it will be in the context of winning a football game. I mean, in this game alone the Browns knocked two different Steelers receivers out with concussions. If Garrett gets more than the rest of this season, it’ll be for show, imo, and appealed down.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think an extenuating factor will be that Rudolph was ripping at Garrett’s head while they were on the ground. He’s not an entirely innocent bystander in all of this. Garrett will also help his cause because he’s an exceptionally articulate guy who will at least pretend to be contrite. I think we’ll see a bunch of sh*t in this weekend’s games that will be a lot more violent and endangering than what Garrett did, except it will be in the context of winning a football game. I mean, in this game alone the Browns knocked two different Steelers receivers out with concussions. If Garrett gets more than the rest of this season, it’ll be for show, imo, and appealed down.

At first I thought Rudolph's hand was stuck in Garrett's facemask.  Still not sure what happened.

SAR I

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Completely disagree. That’s like saying that hitting someone with a baseball bat in the head is justified because they shoved you. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, SAR I said:

At first I thought Rudolph's hand was stuck in Garrett's facemask.  Still not sure what happened.

SAR I

Does it matter? In what universe does someone pulling at your helmet justify bashing them with a deadly object? 

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

criminal

Stop. I get it, swinging the helmet was wrong, and Garrett will be suspended, but Rudolph instigated it by trying to rip off his helmet first. Look at the tape.

Enough with this. What is it with you guys here?

In one thread we have a lifeguard diagnosing brain injuries, and this is your 4th post about assault with a deadly weapon. Such nonsense. Like that's going to happen.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

He has been playing dirty all year

..and yet another guy with the hyperbole. What is this the 3rd post where you're complaining about how he played against the Jets? LOL He sacked Stemian, and the QB got hurt. It's football.

Yeah, we're the clean, innocent choir boys.  

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Stop. I get it, swinging the helmet was wrong, and Garrett will be suspended, but Rudolph instigated it by trying to rip off his helmet first. Look at the tape.

Enough with this. What is it with you guys here?

In one thread we have a lifeguard diagnosing brain injuries, and this is your 4th post about assault with a deadly weapon. Such nonsense. Like that's going to happen.

..and yet another guy with the hyperbole. What is this the 3rd post where you're complaining about how he played against the Jets? LOL He sacked Stemian, and the QB got hurt. It's football.

Yeah, we're the clean, innocent choir boys.  

Two roughing the passer calls in our game alone