Steelers V Browns TNF

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Stop. I get it, swinging the helmet was wrong, and Garrett will be suspended, but Rudolph instigated it by trying to rip off his helmet first. Look at the tape.

Enough with this. What is it with you guys here?

In one thread we have a lifeguard diagnosing brain injuries, and this is your 4th post about assault with a deadly weapon. Such nonsense. Like that's going to happen.

..and yet another guy with the hyperbole. What is this the 3rd post where you're complaining about how he played against the Jets? LOL He sacked Stemian, and the QB got hurt. It's football.

Yeah, we're the clean, innocent choir boys.  

You can’t instigate assault with a deadly weapon. Rudolph tugging at Garrets helmet doesn’t come within a galaxy of justifying what Garrett did. Garret will be suspended at minimum 16 games. I think a lifetime ban/being cut by the browns is in the cards as well. 

1 minute ago, Y3k said:

You can’t instigate assault with a deadly weapon. Rudolph tugging at Garrets helmet doesn’t come within a galaxy of justifying what Garrett did. Garret will be suspended at minimum 16 games. I think a lifetime ban/being cut by the browns is in the cards as well. 

My guess is four games. 

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

For context, Albert Haynesworth got 5 games for deliberately stomping on Andre Gurode's face with his cleats (Gurode needed 30 stitches). That's the starting point for discipline. 

What Haynesworth did was significantly worse, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Y3k said:

If Garrett is cut by the Browns, every team with a few bucks in cap space would line up to give him $100 million dollars immediately 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Not using your helmet as a weapon is one of the first things I was taught when I started playing football.

There is a warning printed on every damn helmet ever made.

Garrett is a smart guy, so fairly certain he can read.

No excuses for his behaviour. He needs to be gone, for a long time.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure if you were being specific to the Browns, but if you are I tend to agree. The other interesting thing is that Gregg Williams is no longer there. And, he was the one most people suggested drove a headhunter mentality.

Snowflakes will be offended by the use of the word animals.

But I will be 110% supportive of the word disciplined.

I'm ok if it offends others, but when you are swinging a helmet you are an animal.

• Upvote 1

While Garrett was out of line for how far he took things, I'm not going to paint Mason Rudolph as some type of victim when he instigated the whole thing. You can't start something that sit back and be a victim when things go left

Don't start ish, won't be ish ??‍♂️

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Definitely agree that he should and will be suspended. but the deadly weapon stuff? bs.

Have any of you guys ever been in a street or bar fight?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

With Garrett’s improved play and aggression this season, wonder if he’s juicing hard. I know that lots of players take PED’s but this sure looks like roid rage. 

eh, maybe but i don't think that's his style... i've watched a lot browns with the family and Garrett's had a couple moments like this (obviously not this extreme).... i think he's just one of those dudes who has a hard time reigning it in. 

46 minutes ago, Y3k said:

ehhh no. that's a little over the top. He doesn't have bad rep. 

The rest of the year for sure is on the table. 

51 minutes ago, Y3k said:

I hope so. We could use a guy like him. Or maybe we could trade them Q and Adams. I’m not sure that would be enough though.

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I hate ESPN but they have shown it over and over because I think people are just stunned by what just happened. Has that ever happened in the NFL? The was some dumb and reckless sh!t. 

Lyle Alzado did it to Chris Ward in a NYJ-OAK playoff game at the Coliseum... that’s the only other instance I can recall in the last 50 years or so...

48 minutes ago, Y3k said:

You can't be serious. This is why I don't take most of y'all seriously because most of you guys are soft as baby doo doo. And yet have the nerve to call others "snowflakes".

Let me break it down for you...

Everything in this world is not "equal" or "fair". Sometimes when you set off a chain of events, you will get more then you bargained for. You don't get to start something and then dictate how it ends. For example, if you say something disrespectful or derogatory towards me, and then I slap you, you're not allowed to say "what I said didn't physical violence. That's not up you.

When you incite someone, what happens afterwards is out of your hands. You are no longer in control of how the situation plays out. You either need to accept that, or just not start something that you can't finish.

Myles took it too far, but Rudolph incited him and he should be be able to be painted as the victim. He should have not started it, or just accept that whatever happens to him afterwards. And you guys need to do the same.

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way!"

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

20 minutes ago, King P said:

You can't be serious. This is why I don't take most of y'all seriously because most of you guys are soft as baby doo doo. And yet have the nerve to call others "snowflakes".

Everything in this world is not "equal" or "fair". Sometimes when you set off a chain of events, you will get more then you bargained for. You don't get to start something and then dictate how it ends. For example, if you say something disrespectful or derogatory towards me, and then I slap you, you're not allowed to say "what I said didn't physical violence. That's not up you.

When you incite someone, what happens afterwards is out of your hands. You are no longer in control of how the situation plays out. You either need to accept that, or just not start something that you can't finish.

Myles took it too far, but Rudolph incited him and he should be be able to be painted as the victim. He should have not started it, or just accept that whatever happens to him afterwards. And you guys need to do the same.

Disagree with your entire post. But upvote for utilizing a quote from The Wire...

I’ll see your Marlo Stanfield and raise you Omar Little

“A man got to have a code”

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, King P said:

F*ck Marlo.

• Haha 2

It's pretty simple. 

NFL rules state about 10-15 different scenarios where you can get a flag for various helmet related violations (crown of helmet, spearing, striking in wrong area, etc) 

NFL rules also state about 10-15 different scenarios where you can get a flag/ejection/suspension for fighting or personal conduct issues both on and off the field. 

NFL rules also state about 10-15 different scenarios where roughing the passer can easily get a flag or be ejected from the game.

Debate Mason Rudolph's involvement all you want (silly argument to begin with) or debate how sissy and weak the game has become (extremely tired argument). If you have a scenario that mixes all 3 of those areas together on a nationally televised primetime game with the world watching, while you have promoted player safety the last several years, you have no choice but to shut down Myles Garrett for the year...

...and he absolutely should be. Take that to the bank. This is 10x worse than Albert Haynesworth. 

• Upvote 1

An isolated incident can be reasonably justified as a momentary lapse in judgement. Myles Garrett is a dirty player, and that needs to be taken into account for his suspension. I want to see no less than a $500,000 fine and a six game suspension. It wouldn't be enough, but at least it wouldn't be a slap on the wrist.

If Mason Rudolph grabbed Garrett by the balls, that should also carry a steep fine and suspension. Don't touch someone's genitals. 

• Upvote 1

Rudolph was definitely being a bitch to be fair. Acting the hard man surrounded by his linemen and the crying to the ref when Garrett retaliates.

**** Garrett though - Not out of character for him at all. Roid raging prick loses the head despite his team winning and attacks their MVP on the night. Moron will get what he deserves.

4 hours ago, King P said:

If Watt did that to Murray you’d be calling for him to be banned from the NFL and hitting someone is assault, insulting someone isn’t. Your street rules don’t stand up in court and your attitude about it explains why a lot of young people end up in jail for stupid sh*t. Maybe you should have thicker skin. 

Think people are over reacting a bit here with the assault with a deadly weapon stuff. I didnt have any major reaction to watching it live, just seemed like a fight that escalated quickly.

Sometimes I miss the more violent aspects of the league but I do wonder how much different my reaction would be if he connected solidly with that swing.

• Upvote 1