Steelers V Browns TNF

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If Watt did that to Murray you’d be calling for him to be banned from the NFL and hitting someone is assault, insulting someone isn’t. Your street rules don’t stand up in court and your attitude about it explains why a lot of young people end up in jail for stupid sh*t. Maybe you should have thicker skin. 

Wrong. I'd be saying the same thing if Murray was trying to rip off Watt's helmet and kicked him in the ground.

"Maybe you should have thicker skin" aka "why won't you let me say whatever I want unchecked!" Of course you'd feel that way

Just now, King P said:

Wrong. I'd be saying the same thing if Murray was trying to rip off Watt's helmet and kicked him in the ground.

"Maybe you should have thicker skin" aka "why won't you let me say whatever I want unchecked!" Of course you'd feel that way

Because it’s your pattern of views just like mine just on opposite side of most things. 

21 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If Watt did that to Murray you’d be calling for him to be banned from the NFL and hitting someone is assault, insulting someone isn’t. Your street rules don’t stand up in court and your attitude about it explains why a lot of young people end up in jail for stupid sh*t. Maybe you should have thicker skin. 

You poke the bull you get the horns.

Garrett has no defence whatsoever and will be suspended quite rightfully but the most embarrassing thing of this whole ordeal was Rudolph turning to the refs like a rat after doing everything he could to provoke a man who could kill him with his bare hands. Bitch move.

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

You poke the bull you get the horns.

Garrett has no defence whatsoever and will be suspended quite rightfully but the most embarrassing thing of this whole ordeal was Rudolph turning to the refs like a rat after doing everything he could to provoke a man who could kill him with his bare hands. Bitch move.

does Rudolph get fined for starting it all?

The "he was provoked" thing is weak.

People provoke me at work on a daily basis. If I grab something heavy and club them on the head, I get fired and probably go to jail.

Was Rudolph out of line? Yes, and he will probably get fined for it.

But what Garrett did is completely disproportionate. He was so far over the line, he can't even see the line. He needs to be suspended for a long time.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Great tactic for winning a game, knock out the other team's top two receivers. The Garrett thing just cemented it. I've never seen a team go from pathetic to hateable as fast as the Browns.

Agreed, Garrett was definitely making a strategic move to take out the other team's qb to ensure the steelers couldn't (checks notes) score two TDs in 8 seconds to tie the game

11 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

People provoke me at work on a daily basis. If I grab something heavy and club them on the head, I get fired and probably go to jail.

But what Garrett did is completely disproportionate. He was so far over the line, he can't even see the line. He needs to be suspended for a long time.

That’s not the way it works in America. You have to pamper and treat certain people with baby gloves because it’s and  agenda that’s been pushed for the last 20 years and it’s gotten out of control. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Garrett suspension is easy. The bigger question is pouncey he punched and then kicked Garrett in the head while he was restrained on the ground..

Gone at least 1 game, probably multiple. Ogunjobi then came in and blasted Rudolph from behind while Rudolph was just standing there. Also gonna get a game

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Garrett suspension is easy. The bigger question is pouncey he punched and then kicked Garrett in the head while he was restrained on the ground..

Pouncey should get one game. Kicking somebody in the head or punching somebody in the head while they’re wearing a helmet is going to basically hurt the person doing it unlike hitting somebody with a helmet that isn’t wearing one.

5 hours ago, King P said:

You can't be serious. This is why I don't take most of y'all seriously because most of you guys are soft as baby doo doo. And yet have the nerve to call others "snowflakes".

Let me break it down for you...

Everything in this world is not "equal" or "fair". Sometimes when you set off a chain of events, you will get more then you bargained for. You don't get to start something and then dictate how it ends. For example, if you say something disrespectful or derogatory towards me, and then I slap you, you're not allowed to say "what I said didn't physical violence. That's not up you.

When you incite someone, what happens afterwards is out of your hands. You are no longer in control of how the situation plays out. You either need to accept that, or just not start something that you can't finish.

Myles took it too far, but Rudolph incited him and he should be be able to be painted as the victim. He should have not started it, or just accept that whatever happens to him afterwards. And you guys need to do the same.

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way!"

Congrats on your guilty verdict and i how you make good use of your three to five years of upcoming free time. 

Seriously, this defense and $5 will get you a donut at the prison commissary

8 minutes ago, cbudiarjo said:

does Rudolph get fined for starting it all?

Maybe not. I will mostly all fall on Garrett – I suspect Pouncey may even get reduced suspension given the circumstances. Normally trying to punt a grounded opponents head off would be the headline.

For the league it’s all about the look of having a lineman swinging a weapon at an exposed QB on a televised game. Pretty much everything they want to avoid. If the QB had been Brady Garrett would probably be arrested and deported. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Depends what they did to provoke you. If someone grabbed or hit you in the balls I'd like to think they'd be fired too. 

Show me one high profile NfL person that has said Garret shouldn’t get at least a season ban. The consensus is now a 16 game suspension.

what haynesworth got 10 years ago is absolutely irrelevant. Burfict just got suspended 16 games for what I thought was a legal hit.

kareem Hunt was cut for a video in which he shoved a woman.

this was on national TV. He hit hit a human full force with an object hard enough to kill. A lifetime ban is in the cards.

if you don’t think his punishment starts at 16 games you are delusional 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The late hit started it

Yup

Garrwr hit Rudolph late, suplexed him into the ground, and held him down- with 10 seconds left in the game 

this isn’t recess- “who started it” doesn’t matter when the actions of someone escalate to attempted murder 

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Depends what they did to provoke you. If someone grabbed or hit you in the balls I'd like to think they'd be fired too. 

Depends on the state more than anything. If we’re in Washington or California, for example, and you’re provoking me to a certain extent you may have just conceded to Mutual Combat. 

12 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Congrats on your guilty verdict and i how you make good use of your three to five years of upcoming free time. 

Seriously, this defense and $5 will get you a donut at the prison commissary

1) Ever heard of the fighting words doctrine? You can't just say anything that could insight someone.

Either way, you should be cognizant of the fact that some people don't care about the consequences and will risk whatever. They don't care

7 minutes ago, King P said:

1) Ever heard of the fighting words doctrine? You can't just say anything that could insight someone.

Either way, you should be cognizant of the fact that some people don't care about the consequences and will risk whatever. They don't care

Well the doctrine itself is a Free Speech thing with respect to 1st Amendment rights, not self-defense. That said the concept of Fighting Words is present in other ways in state and local laws. Georgia, for instance, has incorporated it in a bunch of different ways.

The thing that got to me was Mayfield's reaction.  He was completely non plussed.  He knew that it had crossed the line from sports entertainment into a f-ing bar brawl.  His comments weren't just about Garrett.  They were about the Browns in general.  Must be a wonderful professional environment to play in.  Garrett had some late hits against us that I kind of questioned the motive,  The guy plays with an edge.  And I knew Williams had pissed him off and he wanted to make a statement.  He is an amazing player and sometimes things get hot in the heat of the moment.  But that was insane.  The NFL protects it's brand as hard as the NBA does.  The off the field stuff violence they effectively discipline about as well as a corrupt third world magistrate.  But anything that happens on the field the whole world sees... and that they take very seriously.  Myles Garrett is not going to play football for a long time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Depends on the state more than anything. If we’re in Washington or California, for example, and you’re provoking me to a certain extent you may have just conceded to Mutual Combat. 

The Irish live in a perpetual state of Mutual Combat. That’s why we’re a geopolitical superpower. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Y3k said:

Show me one high profile NfL person that has said Garret shouldn’t get at least a season ban. The consensus is now a 16 game suspension.

what haynesworth got 10 years ago is absolutely irrelevant. Burfict just got suspended 16 games for what I thought was a legal hit.

kareem Hunt was cut for a video in which he shoved a woman.

this was on national TV. He hit hit a human full force with an object hard enough to kill. A lifetime ban is in the cards.

if you don’t think his punishment starts at 16 games you are delusional 

relax

Just now, Y3k said:

What do you think the punishment will be? I’ll bet you anything that it’s minimum 16 games 

8 games and a huge fine. On a side note Rudolph’s agent is talking legal (civil) action. I’m not sure if they have a case because he can still play and wasn’t injured. The legal system should stay out of it and let the NFL deal with it. The last thing sports needs is lawyers and judges involved with fights.