Steelers V Browns TNF

I left the forum last night to watch the game and could not believe what happened. 

This is crazy and there could have been some serious injuries if that helmet hit Rudolph square in the head or face. 

He used the helmet as a weapon, could there possibly be assault charged filed against him in Cleveland. 

The NFL needs to make an example of Myles Garrett regardless of anything else, this was on National TV. 

6 hours ago, King P said:

You can't be serious. This is why I don't take most of y'all seriously because most of you guys are soft as baby doo doo. And yet have the nerve to call others "snowflakes".

Let me break it down for you...

Everything in this world is not "equal" or "fair". Sometimes when you set off a chain of events, you will get more then you bargained for. You don't get to start something and then dictate how it ends. For example, if you say something disrespectful or derogatory towards me, and then I slap you, you're not allowed to say "what I said didn't physical violence. That's not up you.

When you incite someone, what happens afterwards is out of your hands. You are no longer in control of how the situation plays out. You either need to accept that, or just not start something that you can't finish.

Myles took it too far, but Rudolph incited him and he should be be able to be painted as the victim. He should have not started it, or just accept that whatever happens to him afterwards. And you guys need to do the same.

"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way!"

Wrong. Garrett insisted on taking the QB to the ground even though he released the ball 5 seconds prior and the play was 30 yards away at the time. There was no need for any of that especially with 5 seconds to go in the game. He instigated the whole thing and then lost his mind. Embarrassing display. 

• Upvote 1

Suspend him for the remainder of this year and all of next year. He snapped Trevor Siemians ankle and had multiple penalties that game. Now he hits a guy in the head with his own helmet like 2 weeks after Mason returned from the worst concussion we've seen all year. Guy is a dirty player and deserves to see a lengthy ban especially with how prevalent CTE and head injuries have become in this league. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Wrong. Garrett insisted on taking the QB to the ground even though he released the ball 5 seconds prior and the play was 30 yards away at the time. There was no need for any of that especially with 5 seconds to go in the game. He instigated the whole thing and then lost his mind. Embarrassing display. 

I think a lot of people didn’t see the whole play. It clearly shows Garrett doing that. 

48 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you even see it? Rudolph didn’t start it, grab his balls or face mask like some have said. Garrett started it and kept going. 
65 is getting fined/suspended as well.

so rudolph is just an innocent bystander in it all?

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What was Garrett doing? The game was over. Late hit for no reason is obviously going to cause some commotion. He lost his mind.

i know.  garrett started it with the late hit, but rudolph then took it the next level by trying to take Garretts helmet off, then Garrett went insane.  

imagine jamal adams hits tom brady late at the end of the game, and brady tries to rip off jamals helmet? that would go over well.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you. I majored in literature at a SUNY school.

I read Ulysses in a day and a half. Felt like that book was on another level from anything i ever read.  Even the last part of the book where it goes into a nonsensical cloud of words.  Made sense though in a weird way as the stream of consciousness gradually dissolved.

• Upvote 1

Bottom line the NFL is trying to protect their future when it comes to concussions. For years they ignored the long term effects of head injuries resulting in brain damage. Now the NFL has a concussion protocol and they do everything they can to protect the players. What we witnessed Garrett do last night flies directly in the face of  that. Myles Garrett is lucky if he ever gets to play football again let alone this season. He will be made an example out of and rightfully so. Myles Garrett could have killed Rudolph. The league is all about protecting the shield and Myles Garrett should lose his privilege to play in the NFL for a very long time. He should sit out the rest of this season and next season.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Early Bird buffets are not for the meek of heart, that's for sure.

I wouldn't f with any old man in a buffet line,  You might run into a potential "IDGAF" old bastard like Rip Torn who just got crazier as they got older.  Dude broke into a bank and got into a bar fight just a couple of years before he kicked off.

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

How close are we to a lifetime ban????  What Garrett has been doing is simply unacceptable. 

The fact they kicked VB out of the league for a year because of past issues should be around what they do to Garrett but they’ll probably do 8. Garrett doesn’t have the suspensions and fines (but enough dirty plays) that VB did but what he did was a hell of a lot worse. I’m guessing a year but I’m sure the NFL legal team has been looking at this all night. 

• Sympathy 1