Steelers V Browns TNF

20 minutes ago, cbudiarjo said:

i know.  garrett started it with the late hit, but rudolph then took it the next level by trying to take Garretts helmet off, then Garrett went insane.  

imagine jamal adams hits tom brady late at the end of the game, and brady tries to rip off jamals helmet? that would go over well.

Me, trying to imagine Jamal Adams doing something noteworthy against the Patriots 

glitch art welcome to the internet GIF by G1ft3d

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Wouldn't be surprised if you begin to here more press begin to turn up the juice big time on Freddie Kitchens now.  There were already rumblings that discipline in that locker room was a joke.  Now it's going to be a hot topic on every Twitter discussion concerning the team.

• Upvote 1

I didn't read the whole thread so my apologies if this was said:

This is not the first helmet swinging incident, its the third I've witnessed. Lyle Alzado against the Jets in the playoffs, the nut bag who played for the Saints on Sunday night football about 18 years ago (cannot remember his name) and last night.

Kick him out of the NFL

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’re airing it because it’s awesome for ratings. 

If the Steelers/Browns is not already prime time, expect it to be flexed to 8PM. The NFL: "This TERRIBLE. BUT LET'S CASH IN NOW!". Currently it's set for 4PM and would bump Pats/Texans. 

Mason Rudolph has the hardest head of any human. The physics of it; Garrett, who can bench press a Honda Accord,  swinging a hardened chunk of composite plastic with full force on his skull. Most surprising thing is Rudolph doesn't appear to have sustained any injury. 

• Upvote 2

Recall now avowed marijuana advocate and Flying Helmets bandleader Kyle Turley. Vaguely recall that Jets' Damien Robinson did something really awful refs didn't catch. And Robinson was the kind of stupid that he brought an assault rifle to the Meadowlands a few weeks after 9/11. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Miss Summeral and Madden

Best there ever was.  Those two as a listening experience were the equivalent of what Vin Scully was in baseball.  I asked a famous NBA play by play guy who the greatest announcer in any sport was.  He said it was Vin Scully.  But Summeral and Madden as a pair have got to be right up there.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jolot said:

The criminal charges argument is always silly when these things occur during professional sporting events ...but 100% this deserves a heavy suspension, 8 games I would say would be a start. 

The NHL, NBA and MLB have all had players criminally charged for their actions during a game.  What Garrett did was just as egregious as those incidents.  

39 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If the Steelers/Browns is not already prime time, expect it to be flexed to 8PM. The NFL: "This TERRIBLE. BUT LET'S CASH IN NOW!". Currently it's set for 4PM and would bump Pats/Texans. 

Mason Rudolph has the hardest head of any human. The physics of it; Garrett, who can bench press a Honda Accord,  swinging a hardened chunk of composite plastic with full force on his skull. Most surprising thing is Rudolph doesn't appear to have sustained any injury. 

Looking at the video it looks like the soft part inside the back of the helmet caught him. He got off real easy. It could have been so much worse if he had caught him with the hard part of the helmet

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Holy sh*t. Myles Garrett just hit Rudolph over the head with his own helmet. That’s gotta be a suspension. Should be for the season. 

I actually turned the game off when Xleveland scored that last TD to go up 21-7. Just saw it on you tube. Not even the time Cortland Finnigan got into that helmet pulling incident with Nuke did anyone swing ot at soneone head. 

This is flat our assualt  with a weapon. If this happened off the field he would be in Jail right now. 

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Recall now avowed marijuana advocate and Flying Helmets bandleader Kyle Turley. Vaguely recall that Jets' Damien Robinson did something really awful refs didn't catch. And Robinson was the kind of stupid that he brought an assault rifle to the Meadowlands a few weeks after 9/11. 

that's the nut bag

26 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The NHL, NBA and MLB have all had players criminally charged for their actions during a game.  What Garrett did was just as egregious as those incidents.  

I don’t know about the NBA or MLB I don’t watch either but the NHL guys   got probation and community service for incidents that involved a sucker punch or use of a stick so you might be right. Garrett could be facing criminal charges. 

58 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I didn't read the whole thread so my apologies if this was said:

This is not the first helmet swinging incident, its the third I've witnessed. Lyle Alzado against the Jets in the playoffs, the nut bag who played for the Saints on Sunday night football about 18 years ago (cannot remember his name) and last night.

Kick him out of the NFL

Turley

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Y3k said:

What do you think the punishment will be? I’ll bet you anything that it’s minimum 16 games 

1. Suspension for the balance of 2019
  2. Suspension for the first 4 games of 2020
  3. $100,000 or more fine

plus the loss of salary that could support a large family in luxury for life 

They showed him sitting in the bench between the incident and when he got tossed with a look on his face that showed he was thinking, "I'm screwed"

56 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Best there ever was.  Those two as a listening experience were the equivalent of what Vin Scully was in baseball.  I asked a famous NBA play by play guy who the greatest announcer in any sport was.  He said it was Vin Scully.  But Summeral and Madden as a pair have got to be right up there.

Sorry - Summerall and Brookshier were the best there ever was.

• Sympathy 1

Lots of hot takes out there about hypocrisy in the game  remember the highlight they showed at halftime showing Bradshaw getting dumped on his head like a rag doll?   His body went completely limp and he looked like he was even convulsing a little .  funny stuff!!!!

best tweet so far.....,,

Myles Garrett totally failed to respect the difference between consensual and nonconsensual brain damage

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Wouldn't be surprised if you begin to here more press begin to turn up the juice big time on Freddie Kitchens now.  There were already rumblings that discipline in that locker room was a joke.  Now it's going to be a hot topic on every Twitter discussion concerning the team.

As it relates to Gase, what happened with the Browns yesterday was something the Browns could use to justify terminating Kitchens after one year without anyone raising an eyebrow. If you want Gase out without it resulting in a ****fest hiring process, Jets fans would need a similar terminal event.

Just now, T0mShane said:

As it relates to Gase, what happened with the Browns yesterday was something the Browns could use to justify terminating Kitchens after one year without anyone raising an eyebrow. If you want Gase out without it resulting in a ****fest hiring process, Jets fans would need a similar terminal event.

Jealous?  

Think of all the money they saved in flying banners.

• Haha 1