Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

Just now, Skeptable said:

Do your job, you get paid millions to rehab... at least show up... No excuses... No sympathy... **** Q... Its even worse that you feel you are in the right and air your dirty laundry on twitter to start a sh*t storm against the Jets... I hope it backfires... This is not on the Jets... I hope this is a sign that this GM and Coach is not going to take slackers...

If you wanted to miss veterans day to take out your wife... submit it beforehand... simple.. you got lazy and fined for it... You had an emergency..., tough luck you, you lose because you didn't work on a day you were scheduled... No work no pay... that simple.... I like it... 

This lockeroom still needs a cleansing. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Actually if you look close enough you see Darryl Roberts also got fined 27k for something. Trash. 

Probably missing rehab... I think that there is a slacker culture in the Jets locker room and has been for a long long time... Its time to straighten up... do your job and you won't get fines.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Place the blame where it belongs.

On Q.... Show up for work... no fines... tell team ahead of time for time off... no fines... you are late, forget to tell the team, or have a last second emergency ... you didn't work... so no pay... I like it.

3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

He's a professional. You can't not show up to work because you'd rather go out to lunch.

That said, the fine does seem excessive.  It ended up being a $14k lunch.  I hope the food was good.

Probably would have just been cheaper to call a 24 hour plumber to clean up the flood in the basement (The emergency).  These guys are so coddled it is ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Talk to the player first?  WTF?

You mean, before he decided to sit this rehab session out?

Q supposedly missed the 11/8 rehab session for a 'family emergency'....and then decided after missing that one he had the luxury of being able to miss his 11/11 VETERANS day rehab session to take his wife to lunch?

How anyone on here is supporting Q in this at all is insane.

Pretty sure it happens with most teams, whereas things like this tend not to go public. It’s always mismanaged w the Jets FO. It’s not about supporting the player, it’s how the organization seems to lack any tact on how they deal with internal issues. Is talking to player the right conduct? I dunno. Making sure you don’t have a respected high character player on IR so irate he’s taking to Twitter is most definitely a cultural issue within the Jets organization. I have no doubt bout that

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Do your job, you get paid millions to rehab... at least show up... No excuses... No sympathy... **** Q... Its even worse that you feel you are in the right and air your dirty laundry on twitter to start a sh*t storm against the Jets... I hope it backfires... This is not on the Jets... I hope this is a sign that this GM and Coach is not going to take slackers...

If you wanted to miss veterans day to take out your wife... submit it beforehand... simple.. you got lazy and fined for it... You had an emergency..., tough luck you, you lose because you didn't work on a day you were scheduled... No work no pay... that simple.... I like it... 

Its all BS.  What..is rehab like a 14 hr session?

go to rehab and take your wife out to dinner....sh*t...take her to breakfast and go to rehab after.

It is all BS.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

The more I think about this the more it kind of irks me.  All he has to do is show up for a few more weeks and he'll leave with the full 20 million dollars.  The fine represents .14% of what for all intents and purposes is his annual salary of 20 million. (he'll likely get cut in a couple months)

That percentage equates to $104 for someone making 75K a year or 70 bucks for someone making 50K.

Quincy...  you gotta shut up about this.  You don't know what it's like to work for a living.  Good for you that you made a lot of money doing what you loved but this whining is not a good look.

Holy hell you took of on a tangent ! LOL

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

The way he puts it he might be out of the league entirely in a few months.

Yep. It kinda sounds like he's frustrated and disheartened by his health issues, too, and that may have played a small part in missing the treatment, or, at least, made it easier for him to miss it. If he ever plays again, it ain't gonna be for the Jets.

The guy always played tough for us when he got on the field, and he's had some really bad luck with injuries. I wish him well in whatever he does after this.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

The more I think about this the more it kind of irks me.  All he has to do is show up for a few more weeks and he'll leave with the full 20 million dollars.  The fine represents .14% of what for all intents and purposes is his annual salary of 20 million. (he'll likely get cut in a couple months)

That percentage equates to $104 for someone making 75K a year or 70 bucks for someone making 50K.

Quincy...  you gotta shut up about this.  You don't know what it's like to work for a living.  Good for you that you made a lot of money doing what you loved but this whining is not a good look.

Giving notice would have went a long way. That’s what irks me. It’s bare minimum to give notice and I’m disappointed in him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Pretty sure it happens with most teams, whereas things like this tend not to go public. It’s always mismanaged w the Jets FO. It’s not about supporting the player, it’s how the organization seems to lack any tact on how they deal with internal issues. Is talking to player the right conduct? I dunno. Making sure you don’t have a respected high character player on IR so irate he’s taking to Twitter is most definitely a cultural issue within the Jets organization. I have no doubt bout that

I mean think about how much of the Polite stuff that didnt get out. I don't think the Jets are being unreasonable here. 80% of this roster is getting turned over anyways. Establishing some rules (there werent many under Rex/Bowles) isnt the worst thing to happen here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I wonder if someone actually confronted Quincy about this face to face or if he found out about it with that notice. I also wonder if some of this is a message to CJ Mosley, who doesn’t appear to be in any rush to get back on the field after signing that huge deal

Just now, T0mShane said:

Flash poll: does anyone have a job where no-call/no-show isn’t treated like a federal crime? At my workplace, you can literally punch a coworker in the face and nothing happens to you, but a no-call/no-show is just about a terminal offense. 

@T0mShane  thats not a real job thats adult daycare where the bus takes you in the morning,occasionaly they make you do charity work like stuffing envelopes or putting pens together. Big difference and if you fight with others you don't get a fruit cup. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. It kinda sounds like he's frustrated and disheartened by his health issues, too, and that may have played a small part in missing the treatment, or, at least, made it easier for him to miss it. If he ever plays again, it ain't gonna be for the Jets.

The guy always played tough for us when he got on the field, and he's had some really bad luck with injuries. I wish him well in whatever he does after this.

He didn't play long enough on this team to warrant any special treatment... give me a break... if this is Cherbet... Maybe... but the slackers and bitching going on right now in that locker room needs to go and JD has his work cut out for him.

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

Gruden cut Ronald Ollies ass on Hard Knocks for just being late to rehab.  In the grand scheme of things you're right Enunwa missing a day doesn't mean sh-t but this was an undisciplined, underachieving team under Bowles.  They have to make a strong statement to show that the behavior in years past is no longer acceptable.  The fact they seem to be posting fines for all to see should tell you what they're trying to do.

Plenty hard ass coaches cut, fine, or demote players for being late or missing practice.  We just never heard about it before because there was no twatter.

I’d agree based on different circumstances with maybe a different lower character player. I get it’s the NFL and cut throat but there’s ownership that does it the right way and the wrong way and the Jets always seem to do it the wrong way, hence it seems to go public a lot more w this team.