Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

17 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Right but don't those people call in sick?  If they don't then they are AWOL and face disciplinary action.  In the NFL the disciplinary action are fines.  He didn't inform the team that he would not be in for work/rehab.  The penalty given to him is within the rules that he was already aware of.  He figured it wasn't a big deal and he wouldn't be fined.  That's where the mistake began and the rest is more negative attention around the team.   

As I said in the comment you quoted "I've read a few comments that were in disagreement with QE and valid points were made".

Im not saying that he's no where at fault. Im saying that some if these comments being made are just silly. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, choon328 said:

I mean,  this organization is gross

How so? You think that a player having season ending injuries, two seasons in a row.. paid millions of dollars on a contract that arguably he did not deserve, that was supported by this organization when he had some major injuries that other teams perhaps may not have taken a chance on, who got paid despite not playing, is expected to show up at his rehabilitation is.. too much? He missed twice. And told them after the fact of why he missed. 

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know who is responsible for all of these medical issues becoming messy but this is a real bad look, especially when it seems to keep happening.

Quit your bitchin'. You signed a contract and got injured. You still need to live up to the contract. You didn't give them enough notice? Not their problem. You may never play again? Sorry but you have an obligation nonetheless. I feel for you QE injury wise but all you have to do is show up and the Jets keep up their end of the deal. You have to keep up yours. Its a bush league attempt to make the Jets look bad for enforcing the rules. The inmates are not running the Asylum.............yet.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Athletes are nothing special to the TONS who do the same, which isnt the overwhelming majority of critic's on sports forums. There arent many jobs that can paralyze you or end your life at worst, or at best have you retiring in your 30's because your body is simply done.

Im getting sick of this narrative from folks who look at what players gross and think that's all that matters given that they're personally making less than a fraction. When they themselves put in less than a fraction of effort in regards to their profession in comparison...while being able to see their wives and children every day after work. So many people compare yet they put in less time for their check and get the benefit of an actual personal life.

99% of people who criticize to such a degree never dedicated themselves like those in that very small "TONS" category.

"TONS"...in comparison to what? 

This is such a comical and ignorant statement.  Have you ever talked to highly successful people?  The vast majority have sacrificed time with family and put in great effort regards to their profession.  You don’t think a professional athlete has a personal life?  Lol.   

• Upvote 1

I’m going to make a not to controversial statement. I don’t think Q plays again and take an insurance payout. If he knew he was going to miss the treatment, tell them and change the date. 

Instead it’s ok to miss, because you felt like it. We need Douglas to take a big knife to this roster, and gut the rot.

• Upvote 3

It's not a good look, but taken in context it's pretty benign. Contractually, he is paid to perform. If he is injured, he is paid to rehabilitate so that he can perform in the future. He is also contractually obligated to be there to rehabilitate. If he misses treatment, he will be fined, which I would bet good money is written in very plain English in his contract. The only reason this has traction is he's injured and $28,000 looks like a lot of money to the outside world who wasn't guaranteed $20m over four years

Not for nothing, but "an emergency," is the excuse a child makes when he doesn't have a legitimate reason for his absence. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

This is such a comical and ignorant statement.  Have you ever talked to highly successful people?  

Kind of a lame statement, but fair question.

Off the top of my head, I've spoken to. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Chris Ivory, Iman Shumpert, Victor Cruz, CC Sabathia, Mariano Rivera. Also, my cousin Lynn Swann. I've even shared pictures here on the forum in the past. 

Non sports figures but are in entertainment, Spike Lee, Cyndi Lauper, a couple of the kardashian Sisters, Taylor Swift, Savion Glover. Im also cousins to Larry and JR wright, The bucket drummers in videos like "Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty by nature. Through them I got to speak with Spike Lee and Savion Glover. 

Business men/women: Ivanka Trump, Richard Baker former Owner of Lord and Taylor, where I used to work as part of loss prevention as a top supervisor....which is where I got to speak to most the folks above given that I was responsible for their security detail. 

The vast majority have sacrificed time with family and put in great effort regards to their profession.  

Which #1. QE would fit into that category and #2. Which is part of the "TONS" category which isnt really big when comparing to overall population. 

You don’t think a professional athlete has a personal life?  Lol.   

Not in the way you and I do, which is an absolute fact, given that my job before moving out of NY/US was to provide security detail for folks like pro athletes or Entertainment figures. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Off the top of my head, I've spoken to. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Chris Ivory, Iman Shumpert, Victor Cruz, CC Sabathia, Mariano Rivera. Also, my cousin Lynn Swann. I've even shared pictures here on the forum in the past. 

Non sports figures but are in entertainment, Spike Lee, Cyndi Lauper, a couple of the kardashians Sisters, Taylor Swift, Savion Glover. Im also cousins to Larry and JR wright, The bucket drummers in videos like "Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty by nature. Through them I got to speak with Spike Lee and Savion Glover. 

Business men/women: Ivanka Trump, Richard Baker former Owner of Lord and Taylor, where I used to work as part of lost prevention as a top supervisor....which is where I got to speak to most the folks above given that I was responsible for their security detail. 

Which #1. QE would fit into that category and #2. Which is part of the "TONS" category which isnt really big when comparing to overall population. 

Not in the way you and I do, which is an absolute fact, given that my job before moving out of NY/US was to provide security detail for folks like pro athletes or Entertainment figures. 

So have those people made sacrifices in their lives?  Have they missed time with family.  And forget “famous” people.  CEO’s. Lawyers, doctors, hundreds of other professions have people who sacrifice time and effort and work their a$$ off.  Again, your statement was incredibly ignorant.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So have those people made sacrifices in their lives?  Have they missed time with family.  And forget “famous” people.  CEO’s. Lawyers, doctors, hundreds of other professions have people who sacrifice time and effort and work their a$$ off.  Again, your statement was incredibly ignorant.  

lol.

"Forget famous people". 

This is the 97% Crusher was talking about.

I'll move on

EDIT: I forgot, also Bernie Williams. Not about baseball, I remember he was marketing his album. 

Hope the lunch was worth the fine. Regardless, it’s a job. Do that In the real world and you’ll be looking for a new job cause you’ll get your azz canned. There really was no need for him to cry about it on twitter. Either take it up with the players union, try and resolve it internally or just bite the bullet and pay the damn fine.     

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I know you dont like when us non-STHs get up in your business.  Appreciate you keeping it humorous.

But ain't no freezin' down here in sunny Florida!

Oh wait, you are a non season ticket holder? Really sorry there seems to a glitch, this forum is for PSL holders only lol.

I am going to say something that will get me killed on here I am sure but I really don't care.  There are a number of blatantly racist black sports reporters.  Just watching one of these sports shows and a couple of them are essentially blaming Rudolph for the whole thing. 

I like Quincy and was hoping he could get over the injury bug that has plagued him.  He is a good player and I always thought he gave his all on the field and a great team mate.  With that said he got an extension which was pretty good deal and got 10 mil bonus.   So if the team asks you to show up for rehab I don't think that's too much to ask.  He is getting pay to that I'm sure it was included in the contract.  He even admitted he should of contacted the front office or the coaches to tell them he was not going to make the rehab for those day's.   So the team has every right to fine the player whether he agrees or not.   His odds of playing again are pretty much gone and he knows that he will most likely be released.  It's just business and Mike Mac re-upped him it's Joe's roster now.   

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Non sports figures but are in entertainment, Spike Lee, Cyndi Lauper, a couple of the kardashian Sisters, Taylor Swift, Savion Glover. Im also cousins to Larry and JR wright, The bucket drummers in videos like "Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty by nature. Through them I got to speak with Spike Lee and Savion Glover. 

Business men/women: Ivanka Trump, Richard Baker former Owner of Lord and Taylor, where I used to work as part of loss prevention as a top supervisor....which is where I got to speak to most the folks above given that I was responsible for their security detail. 

But seriously how’s Taylor Swift? 

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The two coolest down to earth people I've met during my time there was Mariano Rivera and Taylor Swift. Both carried themselves like part of the crowd and were very approachable. Mariano especially. He's a funny dude. Not to say any of the other Celebs were overly feeling themselves, they werent. However, Swift and Rivera were kicking it as if they werent "Taylor Swift and Mariano Rivera", basically. 

If you meant her looks, she's pretty. She didnt have on a ton of make up either, which I personally appreciate. I got to actually see her. She's a pretty woman. She's not skinny, but sleek. Left an impression on me during my time around her. 

20 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

https://www.thecut.com/2014/03/taylor-swift-fulfills-the-lord-taylor-pun.html

Here's an actual article that came out the day after. Taylor actually came in as a shopper that day unannounced, This wasnt an organized event, which was pretty exciting as when we realized we had to quickly get detail going in order to keep things in order once she's noticed. 

Here's a pic of her that day from the article. 

24-taylor-swift.w330.h412.2x.jpg

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

lol.

"Forget famous people". 

This is the 97% Crusher was talking about.

I'll move on

EDIT: I forgot, also Bernie Williams. Not about baseball, I remember he was marketing his album. 

What are you guys debating and why are you name dropping. Wtf

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

What are you guys debating and why are you name dropping. Wtf

Sec101 didnt agree with what I said because he was too busy taking what I said out of context. 

I wasnt interested in showing him what was actually said since it's sitting right there for him to see. 

He asked me a question not expecting that I actually had experience around such people, then he tried to flip it into "CEO's" which let me know that he wasnt reading everything that I wrote since Richard Baker was the former owner of L&T who isnt famous that I named before he even mentioned CEO's. 

Lastly, none of the people that he would want me to name would be on sports forums talking about how "Q is doing nothing for his pay", which they of all people would no better than to say that since they understand that type of life....which is the part he took out of context.

It's worth ignoring CTM. 

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sec101 didnt agree with what I said because he was too busy taking what I said out of context. 

I wasnt interested in showing him what was actually said since it's sitting right there for him to see. 

He asked me a question not expecting that I actually had experience around such people, then he tried to flip it into "CEO's" which let me know that he wasnt reading everything that I wrote since Richard Baker was the former owner of L&T who isnt famous that I named before he even mentioned CEO's. 

Lastly, none of the people that he would want me to name would be on sports forums talking about how "Q is doing nothing for his pay", which they of all people would no better than to say that since they understand that type of life....which is the part he took out of context. 

It's worth ignoring CTM. 

i mean it seemd to me like you were both saying that most highly successful people sacrifice personal relationships to get there, so I'm confused as to what you are arguing about

22 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

WTF?

First, man, he is under contract...to do a F*CKING job....for MILLIONS of DOLLARS.  I'm a VETERAN (BS that he capitalized it) and I was at work VETERANS day at a MILITARY hospital.  Grow a pair dude...VETERANS understand we need to do sh*t we don't want to do, on days we don't want to do it.

We all need to 'handle emergencies' in our house...and most of us would let our EMPLOYER know as it was happening and not 'after the fact'.

I call BS on the VETERANS excuse, and BS again on the next.

Don't cry me a river about you being injured twice in your 'career' and criticizing your employer who has guaranteed you millions of $ for holding to a defined rehab plan.

Go work somewhere else.

Geez.

The fine isn't what makes them disgusting.  Putting his fine, and everybody elses, in public view for everyone in the organization to see is a classless move.  Could you imagine in any other union a boss hanging up a bulletin board with staff members personal disciplinary action? The labor board would fine the sh*t out of that company.  The Jets deserve the punishment they will be handed down by the league and the players association.  ******* disgusting. 

4 hours ago, pointman said:

How so? You think that a player having season ending injuries, two seasons in a row.. paid millions of dollars on a contract that arguably he did not deserve, that was supported by this organization when he had some major injuries that other teams perhaps may not have taken a chance on, who got paid despite not playing, is expected to show up at his rehabilitation is.. too much? He missed twice. And told them after the fact of why he missed. 

Im ok with the fine. But could you imagine your boss hanging up personal information about you in a way that lets your fellow employees see it? How would you react? That is what is disgusting about this organization. 

22 hours ago, Green Truth said:

No Quincy.  You were paid a lot of money.  Reschedule the food until you finish the treatment. and hire someone to take care of the emergency.  Rehab is your job right now.  You get paid to do it.

You've never missed work for an emergency? You must be perfect. 

On 11/14/2019 at 6:14 PM, SR24 said:

He’s got an injury guarantee so he should be there. I had a different reaction to this Initially but it’s doesn’t sound like he gave the team enough notice. It is what it is he's wrong plain and simple

On 11/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, Green Truth said:

No Quincy.  You were paid a lot of money.  Reschedule the food until you finish the treatment. and hire someone to take care of the emergency.  Rehab is your job right now.  You get paid to do it.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:22 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

Naw. This is on Quincy. 

On 11/14/2019 at 6:24 PM, Joejet said:

Not sure why he is expected to show up for work, he only makes 9 million a year.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, Mogglez said:

This tweet alone dismantles any sympathy I ALMOST had for him.

"Yeah I told them about it after and I was wrong, but I shouldn't be fined".

Nah.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, Saul Goodman said:

“I let the team know this after”

Bet he would’ve avoided the fine had he called or even texted *beforehand* explaining why he wouldn’t be at the scheduled treatment. 

Thank god.... i was fearful to open this thread and see no one piecing together the fact that a millionaire is bitching because he's being held accountable to the only thing you're being paid to do now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

https://www.thecut.com/2014/03/taylor-swift-fulfills-the-lord-taylor-pun.html

Here's an actual article that came out the day after. Taylor actually came in as a shopper that day unannounced, This wasnt an organized event, which was pretty exciting as when we realized we had to quickly get detail going in order to keep things in order once she's noticed. 

Here's a pic of her that day from the article. 

24-taylor-swift.w330.h412.2x.jpg

Must by wild walk in a store be like,” I’d like one of everything, thanks.” 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Enunwa can go pound rocks.  All he had to do was call the Jets and say he had something going on and re-schedule his appointment.  He can take his brittle, butterfinger a$$ somewhere else.  

thank you. Everything summed up in one tidy statement.

What little excitement/commitment i had left with Q has vanished... He failed to notify the team paying him millions of dollars to sit in an ice-bath that he couldn't make it... then when they say WTF and fine him, he takes to social media to pull on heart strings. 

Man up and take care of your sh*t

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1